Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump supporters might "demand" a third term?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -NPC- View Post

I have confidence that you will come around. You are one of the smart ones here.
    I think he has a chance at winning a 2nd term, but he has a better shot at being dead or the first man on Mars than being the first President to win a 3rd term since FDR. He's very unpopular with most Americans and I think the 2020 election will clarify this.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
    For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
    Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

Originally posted by E-money View Post
      I think he has a chance at winning a 2nd term, but he has a better shot at being dead or the first man on Mars than being the first President to win a 3rd term since FDR. He's very unpopular with most Americans and I think the 2020 election will clarify this.
      wouldn't that mean he will lose in 2020 ...
      Last edited by wallywanker; 06-17-2019, 09:42 PM.
      __________________________________________________ ______________________________
      new sig currently under construction

Comment

Originally posted by wallywanker View Post

wouldn't that mean he will lose in 2020 ...
        He was unpopular with most Americans in 2016 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
          As an aside in a Presidential tweet, Trump asked (tongue in cheek, I hope) "do you think the people would demand that I stay longer? KEEP AMERICA GREAT" after the end of his hypothetical second term. Surely he can't be serious? Right? No matter what his supporters might "demand," it's not that easy to amend the Constitution. https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.46c703a578db.
          When is one is full of B.S., delusions of Godhood and has Cult of people who are paralyzed from the neck and has violated the Constitution / Rule of Law .... All I can say to PrimaDonald islands .... Dream on Bullwinkle !!!!
          The only thing keeping Putin's Agent Orange in the White House is Nasty .... I mean Nancy Pelocy.
          What a weak Corporate Democrat !!!!
          It's time to Impeach and Lock Him Up !!!!
          Last edited by AJ6stringsting; 06-17-2019, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
            My guess would be protests. I can't see it going further.
            Well, I guess they have that right.

Comment

I remember hearing talk like this in 2004 as GWB was seeking re-election : That he would declare a state of emergency due to the war on terrorism and suspend elections. I thought it was overwrought then.

I remember hearing it about Obama, and that was downright loony.

I still think the notion is off the wall but a few things give me pause:

> Theres no way any rational person who has observed trumps behavior can believe that he would concede and aid in the smooth transition of power in the wake of an election loss.

> Given the behavior of congressional republicans over the past decade, there’s no reason to doubt that they would support trump if he attempted such a power grab.

> You’d have to be a fool to think that trump wouldn’t enjoy the full and rabid support of one of the major news networks.

... and we can all list a handful of forumites here who would claim it was a totally legit move cause ‘BENGHAZI! EMAILS!! 57 STATES!!!’

Comment

Originally posted by -NPC- View Post
                By his second term America will be so pro-trump that we will demand, and get, a third term. We will also imprison those that oppose us and our king.
                Performance fart?
                For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
                https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K

My (old dead) band!:
                www.steelphantoms.com/
                PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

I just want another black president. That seems to drive tRump supporters over the edge.

A black woman would be best!
                  Profanity is the crutch of inarticulate mother fkers...

Comment

Originally posted by panhandler View Post
                    I just want another black president. That seems to drive tRump supporters over the edge.

A black woman would be best!
                    She'd be great.

Four terms!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IVoHkYt.gif
Views:	1
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	32536991

Flag a Post
                    The Report has been sent.
                    [OK]

Comment

Originally posted by fretmess View Post

Why does the President, or anyone for that matter, feel the need to troll?
                      Trolling is done for a variety of reasons. Watch the first "Legally Blonde" movie. The daughter of the dead rich guy is trolled at the end of the movie.

Trolling can cause people to expose who they really are. The first thing I liked about Trump is how he effectively got leftists to out themselves as a response to his trolling. Look at what it's done to CNN. IMO, they have been exposed as the fools they are, thanks to his trolling.

Another example of trolling is a police sting operation.

Trolling is like a gun. It is a tool. It can be used for good or bad. Trump uses it brilliantly for good, IMO.
                      Jimmy Carter gave us Reagan and Obama gave us Trump. It's instructional to note that our two worst presidents in my lifetime also gave us our two best presidents of my lifetime.

Comment

When it's the only tool one has trolling can reveal more about the troll than is revealed about the trolled.
                        (The US will not survive the obama presidency. The world may not either.) Cuban Leaf

Comment

It’s great having a president who purposefully lies to the nation’s people. Just like under French monarchs before their revolution, an underlying principle of American democracy is “the ends justifies the means”!!

^^^^^ Sarcasm, and depression that some folks actually think this way.
                          For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?

My (old dead) band!:
                          www.steelphantoms.com/
                          PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

Trump was just trolling when he said under oath,

”I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

Surely trolling libs is more important than acting in good faith.

My (old dead) band!:
                            www.steelphantoms.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NOS68 View Post

I suspect he'd be forcefully removed. If he and his supporters tried to violently force the issue I think they'd be surprised how many of us love our country and it's Constitution, even a lot of trumpsters.
                              Hell yeah. Good to see people express proper patriotism.
                              That is the type of attitude that will sustain us.

George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
                              Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

Plus, all the military and secret service heads have greater loyalty to the nation and constitution than to a single man and his particular followers.

My (old dead) band!:
                                www.steelphantoms.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X