Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump supporters might "demand" a third term?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
    As an aside in a Presidential tweet, Trump asked (tongue in cheek, I hope) "do you think the people would demand that I stay longer? KEEP AMERICA GREAT" after the end of his hypothetical second term. Surely he can't be serious? Right? No matter what his supporters might "demand," it's not that easy to amend the Constitution. https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.46c703a578db.
    Classic Trump trolling. Don't take the bait.
    Jimmy Carter gave us Reagan and Obama gave us Trump. It's instructional to note that our two worst presidents in my lifetime also gave us our two best presidents of my lifetime.

Comment

If you heard what some of the Dem candidates are proposing by executive order , you'd want a third term for our President.
      Originally posted by MrKnobs
      God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post
        If you heard what some of the Dem candidates are proposing by executive order , you'd want a third term for our President.
        Enlighten me.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by MattACaster : *Runs 2 blocks down the street to Guitar Center, grabs detuned Schecter off the wall, plugs into Line6 Spider and proceeds to bring teh brootalz*

Comment

Originally posted by roughtrade View Post
          Can't read the gated article, but I wonder what form the "demands" would take.
          My guess would be protests. I can't see it going further.
          Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
          Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
          Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
          Member of the Schecter Society
          Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyfoo View Post
            Trump should just declare himself KING of America and do away with elections altogether

There can be only one...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Elvis_Costello-King_of_America_%28album_cover%29.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	32536695

Yet another example of Trump either trolling the opposition, or being totally oblivious to the constitution. Which one? I wouldn't bet on it, one way or the other.

Either way, it's embarrassing, and beneath the office he holds IMHO.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
            - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
            - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
            - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by Donny G

America already tried that with the last administration, a huge failure, obviously. Thanks for asking.
              link?

Comment

Originally posted by E-money View Post
                He's trolling. It's actually kind of funny. Nobody would want a 3rd term. Of course, if it was a choice between a 3rd term and facing indictments, who knows?
                Yeah, I figure either he's trolling or he's a lunatic. For what little peace of mind I have left I'm going to assume trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito Corleone View Post
                  Trump doesn’t want a third term. He just wants to believe he’s so beloved that his supporters would demand it.
                  Very plausible IMO.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                  - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                  - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                  - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post
                    That's at least a couple times now I've noticed him trial ballooning of the idea.
                    The first time (at least the first time I'm aware of) it was suggested by Jerry Falwell Jr. as "compensation" for the Mueller investigation and Trump repeated it: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ueller-1302643

Comment

Originally posted by slodge View Post
                      He keeps forgetting that ‘the people’ didn’t want him there in the first place.
                      Well, the only "people" he seems to care about are his supporters. There is always going to be a certain percentage you just can't win over. Mitt Romney got that much right (https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...no-income-tax/) but you don't simply dismiss them either.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post
                        I haven't heard anything that would persuade me to give the current President a third term. Perhaps a link or two would help. I'd genuinely like to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post

Classic Trump trolling. Don't take the bait.
                          Why does the President, or anyone for that matter, feel the need to troll?
                          (The US will not survive the obama presidency. The world may not either.) Cuban Leaf

Comment

By his second term America will be so pro-trump that we will demand, and get, a third term. We will also imprison those that oppose us and our king.

Comment

Originally posted by -NPC- View Post
                              By his second term America will be so pro-trump that we will demand, and get, a third term. We will also imprison those that oppose us and our king.
                              or maybe not.
                              __________________________________________________
                              Politics are like sports, where both teams suck

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
                              For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
                              Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

Originally posted by E-money View Post

or maybe not.
                                I have confidence that you will come around. You are one of the smart ones here.

Comment

Working...
                                X