Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump supporters might "demand" a third term?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump supporters might "demand" a third term?

As an aside in a Presidential tweet, Trump asked (tongue in cheek, I hope) "do you think the people would demand that I stay longer? KEEP AMERICA GREAT" after the end of his hypothetical second term. Surely he can't be serious? Right? No matter what his supporters might "demand," it's not that easy to amend the Constitution. https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.46c703a578db.
    Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
    Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
    Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
    Member of the Schecter Society
    Person-2-Person on the Web

Well, they do think it's their country. And they have a president who cares not one iota about convention and tradition, let alone every damned thing about our government. So yeah, dictator light is in Mr. Bone Spur's head.
    His supporters? I don't know. I don't think even they would go for that.
    But these are strange times we live in, when "there are good people on both sides" and "I don't know, I'd have to look at it". The guy is a total dick of a president.
    George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
    Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

Trump is the king of America , there will never be anymore better, smarter or sexier
      Originally posted by Daryl Flynn;n32409120
      There is no chance of Trump losing. Deep down you know this.

Daryl Flynn - Dec 3 2018

Comment

He also wants to outlaw flag burning. The congressmen proposing the ban know it will require a constitutional amendment. I’m not sure if Trump has yet developed a concept of the constitution.
        For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
        https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K

My (old dead) band!:
        www.steelphantoms.com/
        PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

Can you say jawolh mein trumpinfuhrer. My wife asked today, what will happen if he refuses to go, especially if he loses in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakburger View Post
            Can you say jawolh mein trumpinfuhrer. My wife asked today, what will happen if he refuses to go, especially if he loses in 2020.
            I suspect he'd be forcefully removed. If he and his supporters tried to violently force the issue I think they'd be surprised how many of us love our country and it's Constitution, even a lot of trumpsters.

Comment

He probably won't refuse to go, but being the kind of "tactician" he is, an attempted at a state of emergency/martial law to extend his term/rule is a very probable scenario.
              ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
              Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

Can't read the gated article, but I wonder what form the "demands" would take.

Comment

I believe there is virtually no chance whatever of such.
                  People; opponents of Obama as well as several other Presidents have predicted similar White House power grabs.
                  It is impossible for me to imagine a scenario where this would actually happen. And if it ever did, it would be over before your evening rush hour commute.
                  Last edited by RogueGnome; 06-18-2019, 01:06 PM.
                  To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Originally posted by -NPC-;n32500008

Trump is not creepy. He is lovable and charming.

Comment

Trump should just declare himself KING of America and do away with elections altogether
                    Originally posted by Daryl Flynn;n32409120
                    There is no chance of Trump losing. Deep down you know this.

Daryl Flynn - Dec 3 2018

Comment

Originally posted by roughtrade View Post
                      Can't read the gated article, but I wonder what form the "demands" would take.
                      My guess is that the demands would be in the form of racist memes.

Flag a Post
                      The Report has been sent.
                      [OK]

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyfoo View Post
                        Trump should just declare himself KING of America and do away with elections altogether
                        I'm sure he has declared himself so, at least to himself.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by MattACaster : *Runs 2 blocks down the street to Guitar Center, grabs detuned Schecter off the wall, plugs into Line6 Spider and proceeds to bring teh brootalz*

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
                          I believe there is virtually no chance whatever of such.
                          People (opponents of Obama) as well as several other Presidents have predicted similar White House power grabs.
                          It is impossible for me to imagine a scenario where this would actually happen. And if it ever did, it would be over before your evening rush hour commute.
                          exactly. i think he's just throwing another turd in the punch bowl because that's what he likes to do...plus, there's that little issue of getting the second term first - all the polling being reported shows him handily beaten by almost any of the contenders...
                          Last edited by wallywanker; 06-17-2019, 07:19 AM.
                          __________________________________________________ ______________________________
                          new sig currently under construction

Comment

He's trolling. It's actually kind of funny. Nobody would want a 3rd term. Of course, if it was a choice between a 3rd term and facing indictments, who knows?

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
                            For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
                            Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

That's at least a couple times now I've noticed him trial ballooning of the idea.
                              __________________________________________________

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Working...
                              X