Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How exactly is abortion "health care"???

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How exactly is abortion "health care"???

I'm not talking about a bad pregnancy where the mother's life is in danger.

I'm talking about a perfectly healthy pregnancy.

Wouldn't terminating a perfectly normal-heathy pregnancy be the opposite of "health care"?

Note: I'm not questioning or attempting to debate a woman's right to choose or privacy.

Seems most abortions for would fall under the category of "elective surgery". Like getting a boob job, or a face lift.

Because if it's truly elective in nature, how can anyone justify using public funds for it?

It is a medical procedure that is 100% legal.

Comment

Originally posted by nedezero1 View Post
      I'm not talking about a bad pregnancy where the mother's life is in danger.

I'm talking about a perfectly healthy pregnancy.

Wouldn't terminating a perfectly normal-heathy pregnancy be the opposite of "health care"?

Note: I'm not questioning or attempting to debate a woman's right to choose or privacy.

Seems most abortions for would fall under the category of "elective surgery". Like getting a boob job, or a face lift.

Because if it's truly elective in nature, how can anyone justify using public funds for it?
      All surgeries are elective regardless of why they are being performed, as no one can be forced to have a procedure that don't want, and as a woman doesn't have to disclose the reason she has elected to terminate a pregnancy, those opposed to abortions are just speculating why that decision has been made.

Comment

Originally posted by BA.Barcolounger View Post
        A medical procedure doesn't necessarily mean "health care". Unless you want to pay for strippers to get boob jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by BadDaddy View Post

All surgeries are elective regardless of why they are being performed, as no one can be forced to have a procedure that don't want, and as a woman doesn't have to disclose the reason she has elected to terminate a pregnancy, those opposed to abortions are just speculating why that decision has been made.
          Yes but not all surgeries are "health care".

Comment

hey guys is this the he-man woman haters thread

Comment

Because having an abortion if you are the victim of rape or incest is exactly the same as a stripper having a 'boob job'.
              Guns Over People

I pledge my allegiance to David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoddy View Post
                Because having an abortion if you are the victim of rape or incest is exactly the same as a stripper having a 'boob job'.
                They are in the sense that the pregnancy can already be healthy like small boobs.

How the pregnancy happened has nothing to do with whether the pregnancy tis healthy or not.

Even abortion in the case of rape or incest is "elective".

Again, this thread has nothing to do with the "right to choose".

I'm just challenging the notion that a process of electively terminating a healthy pregnancy is "health care".

I say it's elective surgery that tax dollars shouldn't have to fund.

Last edited by nedezero1; 06-11-2019, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Yes but not all surgeries are "health care".
                  Sure it is, as anytime a female becomes pregnant, that pregnancy comes with potential risks, and I'm fairly sure that some women choose to have an abortion just to eliminate that risk, though we can't really know, as she doesn't need to reveal the reason for her decision to anyone, including to the physician that will be performing that procedure.
                  Last edited by BadDaddy; 06-11-2019, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Sure it is, as anytime a female becomes pregnant, that pregnancy comes with potential risks, and I'm fairly sure that some women choose to have an abortion just to eliminate that risk, though we can't really know, as she doesn't need to reveal the reason for her decision to anyone, including to the physician that will be performing that procedure.
                    I agree an abortion due to health risk is "health care".

I'm saying an abortion of a perfectly healthy pregnancy for personal convenience is not.

Comment

They can be (and often are) if the person is unconscious or has been declared incompetent.
                      Last edited by Grumpy_Polecat; 06-11-2019, 07:46 PM.
                      gp

"You speak with total clarity.
                      "And complete irrelevance."
                      --Howard Cosell. Said to Minnesota Fats during a matchup with Willie Mosconi.

Comment

I agree an abortion due to health risk is "health care".

I'm saying an abortion of a perfectly healthy pregnancy for personal convenience is not.
                        Most abortions are performed so early in the pregnancy that guessing that the pregnancy would be healthy and of low risk would be just that, a guess. We had a poster here that openly admitted that he protested abortion clinics and tried to council (harass) women, but yet he had no idea if any of those women were having the procedure because they weren't healthy enough to carry a pregnancy to term, or were currently undergoing cancer treatment, were taking medications that would prevent a full term pregnancy, or a multitude of reasons. It would be best for everyone to mind their own business on this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by BA.Barcolounger View Post
                          So is a vasectomy or any of a number of cosmetic plastic surgeries.

Perfectly legal, but should not be paid for by anyone other than the patient.
                          Lease this space!

Comment

Originally posted by SteinbergerHack View Post

So is a vasectomy or any of a number of cosmetic plastic surgeries.

Perfectly legal, but should not be paid for by anyone other than the patient.
                            if your insurance covers it so be it. its not about peoples health. its about money. its an industry after all.

Comment

I`ve probably said this before...If you are willing to abort your baby, please do so. You`re sure as hell not going to take care if it otherwise, and we don`t want to either. If you have no emotions for doing so, maybe it should be a requirement for getting mental health counseling afterwards to realize what just happened and why it happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X