Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the f is Mayor De Blasio running for president?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the f is Mayor De Blasio running for president?

Did I hear correctly that De Blasio is last place in Iowa polling for Dem candidates?? Why the fudge is he running? Even without Iowa polling, and even though I don’t think I have issues with his governance of New York City, he wasn’t elected in NYC that long ago. He still has a (more than) full time job on his hands. It seems to me that his role in the Dem primaries would only be to further dilute the pool and thus increase the probability that Dems might face a debacle like Reps has in 2016: More popular people tear each other down and open a lane for a total whacko to end up w the greatest number of delegates, even when that number is small compared to past races.

Have any states enacted laws laws whereby state or local executives are barred from running for federal office while still sittting in their own state/local office? Is that a good idea? A bad idea?
    For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
    https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K

My (old dead) band!:
    www.steelphantoms.com/
    PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

You must not be a New Yorker. Any that we know want him gone. He is real good at dividing and breaking stuff. Perfect Lefty.

Comment

Not enough Dems in the race?
      Now that he fixt nyc he can fix the country?
      To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Originally posted by -NPC-;n32500008

Trump is not creepy. He is lovable and charming.

Comment

Because power attracts scum like a rotting carcass attracts flies. It isnt that power corrupts, rather it is an irresistible magnet to the corruptible.
        Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

Like anybody would vote for him!

Comment

De Blasio is one of many in the crowded Democratic field that have no shot whatsoever of getting the nomination.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
            For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
            Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Daehtihs View Post
              Like anybody would vote for him!
              His mother.
              His mother has taken a stand on his candidacy.
              She says she hasn't ruled him out yet.
              To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Originally posted by -NPC-;n32500008

Trump is not creepy. He is lovable and charming.

Comment

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post
                Why the f is Mayor De Blasio running for president?
                Same reason a dog licks his balls.

Flag a Post
                The Report has been sent.
                [OK]

Comment

I think it comes down to three things: arrogance, ego, and an insatiable desire for more power. YMMV

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                  - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                  - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                  - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by bildo View Post
                    You must not be a New Yorker.
                    um...
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by MattACaster : *Runs 2 blocks down the street to Guitar Center, grabs detuned Schecter off the wall, plugs into Line6 Spider and proceeds to bring teh brootalz*

Comment

Don't worry. He will not be in the race for very long.

The first (JV) debate will clear out the suckers.

Comment

That guys a Chode

Comment

Delusions of grandeur?

Comment

Originally posted by bildo View Post
                            You must not be a New Yorker. Any that we know want him gone. He is real good at dividing and breaking stuff. Perfect Lefty.
                            An Uber driver, who may well have been from NJ or “upstate” tried to tell me the same thing a couple weeks ago. He complained about seeing more homeless on the street and then proceeded to tell me about the golden age when Giuliani was mayor....

In the past five years with De Blasio, I have only seen Brooklyn get cleaner and cleaner, with police strategically placed to make certain big streets safer. They have a larger tax pool now thanks to gentrification, and that may explain more homeless sheltering or something, because in my experience, things have only gotten nicer under Bill—THOUGH(!!) That was a trend that was already under way before he was elected.

Do you mind me asking what you’ve seen happen in the city? I didn’t know you lived there. (Though, I don’t mean to force you to talk about personal life. I would 100% understand if you don’t wanna talk about it. And stats are better than anecdotes like mine anyway.)

Regardless of all that, I think it’s a total stupid waste for him to be in the Dem primaries.
                            Last edited by arcadesonfire; 06-11-2019, 11:20 AM.
                            For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
                            https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K

My (old dead) band!:
                            www.steelphantoms.com/
                            PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

I ask that (OP) question of about 2/3 or 3/4 of the Dems that have entered the race. We'll see them start dropping like flies soon enough I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                              X