Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: What would you put on a playlist for your parents?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While my parents were 50's era kids (mom graduated in '61, dad in '57), they also like some music from the 70's, and also quite a bit of stuff from their parent's era - big band swing and so forth... so it really depends on the individuals. I remember hearing a lot of big band stuff as a kid (look at Anton's list for examples), plus lots of 50's and 60's era pop and light rock. People like Tom Jones and Johnny Mathis, Dean Martin, Sinatra, the Beatles, Buddy Holly, Little Richard, Elvis, Nat King Cole, Patsy Cline, Tony Bennett, Mel Torme, Ella Fitzgerald, Dave Brubeck, some of the disco era stuff (because they like to dance) - all kinds of things really.

My condolences Jesse...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
    - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
    - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

My dad was a professional tap dancer in th northeast in the 40's and early 50....he even danced at Radio City Music Hall in New York. He also had his own tap school. He's got ads from New York papers...he was known as 'Eddie Ridarick, the Man With the Educated Feet'. Him and my mom loved Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, Count Basie and other bands from that era...he's told me of how they used to go to jazz clubs in NYC...he saw Gene Krupa and Buddy Rich. So I'd have all that music on a playlist for him and my mom.
      Guns Over People

I pledge my allegiance to David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez!!!

Comment

Working...
      X