OT- Conspiracy theories..your favorite

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gp2112 View Post

So...that is your answer?

I do not know if you are serious or not. What do you personally know about building collapse, fire behavior and its effects of buildings, etc...? I can assure you that the experts that were used by the truthers know very little, or they are lying, because the "truths" they are telling are easy to refute.

You also fail to account for the demo questions I asked, merely provided video that really proves nothing as evidence.
    You seem to believe that you are an expert in building demolition. I will not interfere in your fantasy.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C47EDA16-ECAA-4459-A9A0-CFA479A2B13D.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	32533851 I mean it is good advice....

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post

I went to the global authority/last word on truth-tellers for this one, Yak. And by that of course I refer to Fox News.
        'Bigfoot' hair samples turned out to be from deer, newly released FBI documents reveal

The FBI released documents from its vault Wednesday on the bureau's short-lived investigation into Bigfoot in 1977.

The 22 documents show that the bureau’s Scientific and Technical Services Division examined 15 hairs sent by Peter Byrne, who was head of the now-defunct Bigfoot Information Center and Exhibition in Oregon.

“Will you kindly, to set the record straight, once and for all, inform us if the FBI has examined hair which might be that of a Bigfoot,” an August 1976 letter from Byrne says. “Please understand that our research here is serious. That this is a serious question that needs answering.”

Jay Cochran, then assistant director of the division, wrote back that while the bureau primarily examines criminal investigations, “on a case-by-case basis, in the interest of research and scientific inquiry, we make exceptions to this general policy.”

The hairs were examined in 1977 and determined to be of deer origin.

Byrne, now 93, told CNBC Wednesday he hasn't given up hope on the existence of Bigfoot.

Many years ago (like 1980 or so) my wife and I went camping at Longmire down near Mt Rainier with some friends. One of these guys told us about a buddy of his who built a tree house just outside the park on some acreage he owned. We went looking for it and found it way back in the woods. It was really kinda cool. It was built about 5 feet off the ground out of logs and cedars boughs and such. He had constructed a water tank to catch rain water (of which there's a ton in that area), he had a wood burning stove crafted out of a steel drum for heat and cooking. My buddy left him a note and told him we were camping near by and later that day he showed up. What a Wildman looking guy. Anyway, to get to my point, he was a huge Bigfoot believer. He claimed he had heard them in the woods at night. He had hair samples and foot castings and all sorts of stuff in his treehouse. I found out years later that the treehouse caught fire and burned up all his evidence. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

There are some who believe Trump is Titor...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	1
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	32533899

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by -NPC- View Post

You seem to believe that you are an expert in building demolition. I will not interfere in your fantasy.
            Apparently you don’t know just what he used to do for a living.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
            - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
            - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
            - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by Opposite Day View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	giphy.gif Views:	1 Size:	69.3 KB ID:	32533899
              Yes way, dude!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
              - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
              - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
              - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

If this wasn't a deliberate inside job, I'll eat my hat . . .

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/11/u...nxRepFtSBpWml8
                flip the phase

Comment

Originally posted by gubu View Post
                  If this wasn't a deliberate inside job, I'll eat my hat . . .

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/11/u...nxRepFtSBpWml8
                  I knew that fire was bad, but didn’t realize they lost THAT much.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

Apparently you don’t know just what he used to do for a living.
                    I assume he was a volunteer firefighter.

Do you believe the bits of debris and small fires melted the steel in building 7, making it collapse?

Considering that GP2112 admitted that it would take an enormous amount of explosives to make it collapse, how could pieces of debris and small fires cause that building to come down in a way that demolitionists would dream of?

There was no jet fuel in building 7, no planes hit building 7.

Comment

I am not an expert in demo. What I do know about is building construction, the effects of fire on structures, how structures collapse and the different types of collapse, how fire (in this case) would lead to a collapse, how the pancake collapse of a skyscraper such as the WTC would occur and why certain "facts" pointed out by the ignorant and supported by ignorant "experts" are not, in fact, facts.

I also have a clue as to what it would take to demo a steel frame building with explosives, and why demo would be necessary ( to expose the steel of the building and any concrete supports) because I not only have education in vigorous ignition but also experience in how steel reacts to heat. Having a family that owned a steel fabrication and erection plant for over 70 years, helping that family put up steel buildings, knowing how to make steel react to heat, being back in the steel fabrication and erection business now, my fire service career...

I am confident I know more than you do, especially if you are a truther.
                      Sprinkles are for winners...

Comment

I am not an expert in demo. What I do know about is building construction, the effects of fire on structures, how structures collapse and the different types of collapse, how fire (in this case) would lead to a collapse, how the pancake collapse of a skyscraper such as the WTC would occur and why certain "facts" pointed out by the ignorant and supported by ignorant "experts" are not, in fact, facts.

I also have a clue as to what it would take to demo a steel frame building with explosives, and why demo would be necessary ( to expose the steel of the building and any concrete supports) because I not only have education in vigorous ignition but also experience in how steel reacts to heat. Having a family that owned a steel fabrication and erection plant for over 70 years, helping that family put up steel buildings, knowing how to make steel react to heat, being back in the steel fabrication and erection business now, my fire service career...

Debris landed on the roof of building 7.

What did the debris use as fuel to melt the steel in the lower structure?

Comment

WTC 7 was pummeled with cladding from the collapsing towers. And it burned for roughly twice as long as the fireproofing on the steel was rated to withstand.

Even the firefighters on the scene knew the building was toast before it collapsed.

But, people will choose to remain ignorant. Makes them feel special, I guess.

Flag a Post
                          The Report has been sent.
                          [OK]

Comment

Debris landed on the roof of building 7.

What did the debris use as fuel to melt the steel in the lower structure?
                            Fire can cause a steel structure to collapse. Which is why steel buildings have fireproofing applied.

Flag a Post
                            The Report has been sent.
                            [OK]

Comment

Originally posted by willhaven View Post
                              Fire can cause a steel structure to collapse. Which is why steel buildings have fireproofing applied.
                              It's a shame building 7 didn't have any. Or did it?

Comment

Originally posted by willhaven View Post
                                WTC 7 was pummeled with cladding from the collapsing towers. And it burned for roughly twice as long as the fireproofing on the steel was rated to withstand.

Even the firefighters on the scene knew the building was toast before it collapsed.

But, people will choose to remain ignorant. Makes them feel special, I guess.
                                Are you sure he's talking about building 7, and not the twin towers?

Comment

Working...
                                X