No announcement yet.

The Latest: China tariffs to cost average US household $831

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Latest: China tariffs to cost average US household $831

And this is just the latest round of tariffs. Add to that all that has been imposed prior to that.

"In sum, according to our estimates, these higher tariffs are likely to create large economic distortions and reduce U.S. tariff revenues," the New York Fed economists wrote.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-of...101316434.html
    Winning an argument with a smart person is difficult. Winning an argument with a stupid person is damn near impossible.

the cost of winning. increased prices and ~$30 billion to bail out farmers so far is nothing compared to how good it will feel as china comes grovelling back begging for our trade. #winningiseasy
    {O,O}
    (__(\
    " "

Comment

A small price to pay for freeberty!
      Guns Over People

I pledge my allegiance to David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez!!!

Comment

It's a small price to pay if rich people can get more capital gains.
        George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
        Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

Stupid politically to hit US voters in the wallet.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

That's a pretty cheap trade war. I'll happily pay that price.
            Newmanism:
            First, a person says something. Then, another person restates what they purportedly said so as to make it seem as if their view is as offensive, hostile, or absurd.
            https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...terson/550859/

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
              Ain't over yet.
              (The US will not survive the obama presidency. The world may not either.) Cuban Leaf

Comment

It's just the beginning of a major economic war between the US and China
                Replace the ones that came with your phone to high-end over-ear headphones

Comment

Originally posted by emililadjet View Post
                  It's just the beginning of a major economic war between the US and China
                  The Chinese will win, because they are smarter than tRump.
                  tRump is NO star player. The ball simply bounced in his direction.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandler View Post

Who isn’t?

i mean, other than his supporters.

Comment

Hi panhandler the problem is is that trump does not have a clear strategy against china, he just wants to prove that he is the strongest, but i do not understand why the other politician is not reacting ??

Replace the ones that came with your phone to high-end over-ear headphones

Comment

Originally posted by SteinbergerHack

What are you babbling about - have you seen the market the last few weeks?
                        Which market?
                        "Truth is what stands the test of experience."

...Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
                          Trump's tariff are an import tax that are paid by American companies and consumers, and instead of leveling the playing field they have resulted in China and the E.U reducing their imports of American products while America continues to increase imports from those countries, which have resulted in our trade deficits reaching the highest level in over 10 years, all while our agriculture and dairy farmers are being devastated. The end result will be that our trade partners will look for other sources of reliable imports and will be very unlikely to resume their previous import habits of our products.

Comment

Trump promised to cut taxes. Uh, tariffs are taxes on consumers. Kudlow admitted that tariffs are taxes too. Perhaps Trump believes he can tax us into prosperity. This is nonsense and this will cause great long term damage to trade relations with China, Canada, Mexico, and others.
                            "Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has." - Martin Luther

Comment

I saw a slug outside this morning that is smarter than trump.

Comment

Working...
                              X