X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post

This isn't that thread.
    That's pretty profound.
    😏

question to you about the terminology being pushed; spying vs surveillance.

which one is the legal term and which one is the PR word?

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post

That's pretty profound.
      😏

question to you about the terminology being pushed; spying vs surveillance.

which one is the legal term and which one is the PR word?
      When you start arguing word definitions of this sort, you've lost the argument. Just my two cents.
      Last edited by Easy Listener; 05-24-2019, 08:26 AM.
      EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

Comment

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post

Trump ran on draining the swamp, providing EVERYBODY with health care, providing for new infrastructure, and re-empowering the working class. I guess Trump could win on Dems’ issues. He just makes no effort to actually carry them out.
        Obstruct, impeach, obstruct that's all he's dealt with from both sides with the rino's exposing themselves for what they really are and the dems being the status quo do nothing party they have become.

Comment

Originally posted by Donny G

Deflection is an art-form, some of us need practice at it.
          Yep. I’m not as good at deflecting as you and other true believers. That’s probably the most truthful and profound thing I’ve seen you write here. Maybe it’s performance art?
          For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
          https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K

My (old dead) band!:
          www.steelphantoms.com/
          PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

Originally posted by Donny G
            You have to admit, this is the biggest news we have had in a long long time

What news? Trump is sending Barr on a bug hunt. It will be news if he finds anything.

Zip
            665 - Neighbor of the Beast

Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post

When you start arguing word definitions of this sort, you've lost the argument. Just my two cents.
              That's some world-class projection there.
              😏

here's why it matters; one is an actual legal term in the other isn't.

the other one, the one that's not a legal term, sure looks like it's being utilized for an emotional hot-button response.

which raises a question in my mind.

accidental or deliberate?

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Yep. I’m not as good at deflecting as you and other true believers. That’s probably the most truthful and profound thing I’ve seen you write here. Maybe it’s performance art?
                Let's leave the personal comments out of the discussion please.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Panic in DC

Meltdowns on HC

Enjoy the show.

Comment

Originally posted by erok123 View Post
                    I doubt that even 30% of voters buy the "spying" thing. Good luck with that.

Not to mention, the evidence of collusion and obstruction stand up quite well. And we will learn even more eventually.

Not that it will convince the chump sycophants. They are vested by emotion and belief, not facts.
                    35% believe they ILLEGALLY spied, and 32% are not sure.

Sixty-four percent (64%) of voters believe the FBI knew a controversial dossier was unreliable when they used it to obtain a search warrant against President Trump’s 2016 campaign. A ScottRasmussen.com national survey found that skepticism is shared by 86% of Republicans, 64% of Independents, and 47% of Democrats (see crosstab results).

Forty-nine percent (49%) favor having the Department of Justice investigate whether the FBI illegally spied on the Trump campaign. Twenty-nine percent (29%) are opposed and 22% are not sure. Support for an investigation comes from 64% of Republicans, 52% of Independents, and 34% of Democrats.

Just 34% of voters know that the compilation of the dossier was paid for by Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

Thirty-five percent (35%) of voters believe the FBI illegally spied on the Trump campaign while 33% say it did not. Thirty-two percent (32%) are not sure.
                    https://scottrasmussen.com/64-think-...rump-campaign/
                    Last edited by -NPC-; 05-24-2019, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post

That's some world-class projection there.
                      😏

here's why it matters; one is an actual legal term in the other isn't.

the other one, the one that's not a legal term, sure looks like it's being utilized for an emotional hot-button response.

which raises a question in my mind.

accidental or deliberate?
                      Yeah. We're not in a court of law here. Use whatever term you want because, regarding this particular situation, they both communicate the main point. I honestly don't care which word you use. The main point is what matters. The Trump campaign was being "surveillanced" "spied on" "watched" without his knowledge. Pick your poison.
                      EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

Comment

From Webster's:

"surveillance: close watch kept over someone or something (as by a detective)"

"spy (verb): to watch secretly usually for hostile purposes"

Is it any wonder that folks who can't (or refuse to) understand that these terms are different will have trouble comprehending what's written in the Mueller report?
                        For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?

My (old dead) band!:
                        www.steelphantoms.com/
                        PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

Originally posted by -NPC- View Post

That's the group I call the "32%". (Within the margin of error here ) It doesn't matter WHAT the issue or the facts, these are the people who will support Trump if he shot a man on 5th Avenue. The true TDS sufferers.

Comment

From Webster's:

"surveillance: close watch kept over someone or something (as by a detective)"

"spy (verb): to watch secretly usually for hostile purposes"

Is it any wonder that folks who can't (or refuse to) understand that these terms are different will have trouble comprehending what's written in the Mueller report?
                            Your second definition appears to be the most accurate given the circumstances.

Thankfully we have an adult AG that is now empowered to find out for certain.

In-Peach!

Comment

Originally posted by -NPC- View Post

https://scottrasmussen.com/64-think-...rump-campaign/
                              Trump could shoot someone on 5th Ave and those 32% wouldn't bat an eye. Even Trump understands this.

My (old dead) band!:
                              www.steelphantoms.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nedezero1 View Post

Your second definition appears to be the most accurate given the circumstances.

Thankfully we have an adult AG that is now empowered to find out for certain.

In-Peach!
                                Does that mean you agree that Barr purposefully used the word "spy" in order to passively communicate to people that the FBI had malevolent motives?
                                Last edited by arcadesonfire; 05-24-2019, 09:39 AM.

My (old dead) band!:
                                www.steelphantoms.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X