No announcement yet.

What are your long-term plans?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteinbergerHack View Post
    I fail to see a material difference between burial and composting......?
    Enbalming. Multithousand-dollar casket inside a concrete vault. Those are all standard in a traditional burial.

Me? I want to go in a simple wooden box in my yard. It's perfectly legal in New Hampshire, where I live.
    !

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
      Cremation can top $6,000. Spade told the affiliate she hopes to charge about $5,500 for human composting.
      When my wife's mother died we had her cremated and it cost $120.00

I'd be a little leary of planting a human in my garden. Think I'll stick to composting leaves.

Cremation turns you into carbon. That's eco-friendly. I want my ashes dispersed into nature, not kept in a jar somewhere. Dust to dust, ya know.

Zip

665 - Neighbor of the Beast

Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

Comment

In the end... I choose death.
        tRump is NO star player. The ball simply bounced in his direction.

Comment

Originally posted by arf-boy View Post

Enbalming. Multithousand-dollar casket inside a concrete vault. Those are all standard in a traditional burial.

Me? I want to go in a simple wooden box in my yard. It's perfectly legal in New Hampshire, where I live.
          The "composting" sounds an awful like what used to be known as a "pauper's grave". Sounds to me like someone trying to find a way to make money off of tossing bodies in a bit and covering them with a thin layer of sawdust.
          Lease this space!

Comment

Originally posted by Zipperhead View Post

When my wife's mother died we had her cremated and it cost $120.00

I'd be a little leary of planting a human in my garden. Think I'll stick to composting leaves.

Cremation turns you into carbon. That's eco-friendly. I want my ashes dispersed into nature, not kept in a jar somewhere. Dust to dust, ya know.

Zip
            How is it "eco-friendly" when they are burning a bunch of natural gas to fire the oven for the several hours it takes?
            Lease this space!

Comment

Originally posted by SteinbergerHack View Post

How is it "eco-friendly" when they are burning a bunch of natural gas to fire the oven for the several hours it takes?
              They should use clean coal.

Comment

Burial at sea.

Comment

I want to be scattered along White Spar Road. But not cremated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	whitespar(800).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	32524716
                  "Gimme a Pigfoot and a Bottle of Beer"

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
                    No, I mean really long term.
                    I'm OK with this. Probably won't be legal everywhere for a long time and some religions may have a problem with it.
                    Cremating at the optimum temperature (1,400-1,800 degrees), the average weighted remains takes 2 to 2 ½ hours. This seems wasteful.
                    Burial in a casket in a cemetery is terribly expensive; also wasteful. Although, I have to say I've visited some beautiful cemeteries and found them to be rather interesting.
                    Spent many hours in Arlington National Cemetery years ago.Quite a place.

Washington becomes the first state to legalize composting of humans

(CNN)Washington has become the first state in the nation to pass a law allowing composting as an alternative to burial or cremation of human remains.

Gov. Jay Inslee signed a bill Tuesday legalizing human composting. The bill will go into effect in May next year.
                    Currently in Washington, bodies can either be cremated or buried. The process of recomposition provides a third option that speeds up the process of turning dead bodies into soil, a practice colloquially known as "human composting." The bill describes the process as a "contained, accelerated conversion of human remains to soil."
                    The bill's sponsor, state
                    Sen. Jamie Pedersen, said it is an environmentally friendly way of disposing of human remains."It's about time we apply some technology, allow some technology to be applied to this universal human experience ... because we think that people should have the freedom to determine for themselves how they'd like their body to be disposed of," he said.
                    "(The) body is covered in natural materials, like straw or wood chips, and over the course of about three to seven weeks, thanks to microbial activity, it breaks down into soil," she said.

Cremation or toss my carcass to da buzzards and coyotes.
                    Last edited by Etienne Rambert; 05-24-2019, 11:49 AM.
                    He has escaped! Youtube , ​Murika , France

Comment

Um, I'll be dead, what does it matter?
                      flip the phase

Comment

Originally posted by gubu View Post
                        Um, I'll be dead, what does it matter?
                        Toss me in a peat bog somewhere and let nature take its course...

Too bad there aren't any bogs around here. I'll have to settle for a sky burial or something... or just a regular cremation. Actually, that's what I've requested - and I've asked for my ashes to be scattered up in the mountains by the old family cabin on the lake. It was good enough for my grandmother, so I figure it's good enough for me.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                        - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                        - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                        - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I'm going to try and not end up on the street old alone and dying.

Comment

My goal in life is to die well. I haven't any solid plans beyond that.
                            Every worm, every insect, every animal is working
                            for the ecological wellbeing of the planet.

Only we humans, who claim to be the most intelligent
                            species here, are not doing that. ~Sadhguru

Comment

On a somewhat related note...this is all kinds of messed up!

A healthy dog was euthanized so it could be buried with its owner

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/22/us/do...rnd/index.html
                              Guns Over People

I pledge my allegiance to David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez!!!

Comment

I want to be preserved for eternity and then buried prone in a shallow plot with my as$ exposed for all to see. Above it will be a marker that simply reads Kiss It.

But, seriously, like I care. I'll let my surviving family decide how much of their budget makes sense to waste on it.

Bob Hope's wife asked him how he wanted to be buried and his true-to-form response was: Surprise me!
                                - The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it. - H.L. Mencken

Citizens and Residents Of The United States and U.S Persons - USA PATRIOT Act Notice: You are hereby notified that under the provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act, you may be placed under electronic surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site by intelligence or law enforcement agencies at any time or for any purpose for which they may deem fit, without your knowledge or permission and without the order or supervision of any court of law. As the provisions of the Act strictly prohibit, with fines and imprisonment, the managers of this site from disclosing such surveillance should it become known to us, you should assume that you are under surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site, electronic mail or any other form of electronic communication related thereto.

Comment

Working...
                                X