Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not invoke executive privilege?? Trump tax return story

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just because a man cheats on his wives, does not mean he cheats on his taxes or lies!
    "Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has." - Martin Luther

Comment

Originally posted by stratosaurus View Post

;Clever? It looks more like "retreat" and try desperately to figure out another plan of attack.Throw everything against the wall & hope that something might eventually stick. trump doesn't look guilty from what I see. He looks like a peacock strutting his feathers, while the dems appear to look like a dog with their tail tucked between their legs in desperation.
      What I see is, a sorry incompetent president equally match against sorry incompetent democrats.
      Thanks for sharing the view from inside the bubble.

you characterize constitutionally authorized congressional oversight as retreat and desperation.

you characterize Trump desperately conducting a cover-up as not looking guilty.

Then you try to characterize your absurd arguments as some sort of even-handed, they both do it, a pox on both your houses false equivalence.

Very entertaining!
      😀

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Then, why aren't they doing it? Is it that 900+ lawyers are full of crap or is it that the senate/congress are incompetent? You can't even get the House to start the proceedings, much less the senate to try the impeachment. Maybe 900+ lawyers don't understand what is involved in having a "successful' impeachment////or how pointless it is to impeach, when you can't win the case.
        fyi...I did not read the link.
        Whether impeachment without conviction/removal would be pointless or not is a matter that is up for debate.

It would still be an official indictment upon the president that would remain on his record forever as well as a public airing of the charges.

History recalls that Bill Clinton was one of two impeached presidents. People still debate whether the charges against him warrant removal. That he wasn’t removed from office is part of the story as well. But to imply the historical view of him and the matter is just the same as if the house had decided against impeachment isn’t accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post

Thanks for sharing the view from inside the bubble.

you characterize constitutionally authorized congressional oversight as retreat and desperation.

you characterize Trump desperately conducting a cover-up as not looking guilty.

Then you try to characterize your absurd arguments as some sort of even-handed, they both do it, a pox on both your houses false equivalence.

Very entertaining!
          😀
          I characterize bouncing from one investigation to another, without any success in taking trump down, as desperation and as obsession. They keep retreating & regrouping, to figure out the next great plan to "Get trump", because the last one failed.
          I said trump,from what I see, he doesn't look guilty to me.....which basically means, that whenever he appears in public, he looks the same as he always does....not worried & enjoying all the attention.
          They are even handed, especially in the area of being incompetent. From the looks of things, it looks like it's heading to a photo finish as to whether "congressional oversight" gets him or death by old age gets him.
          Glad I can entertain you.
          ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
          Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

I characterize bouncing from one investigation to another, without any success in taking trump down, as desperation and as obsession. They keep retreating & regrouping, to figure out the next great plan to "Get trump", because the last one failed.
            I said trump,from what I see, he doesn't look guilty to me.....which basically means, that whenever he appears in public, he looks the same as he always does....not worried & enjoying all the attention.
            They are even handed, especially in the area of being incompetent. From the looks of things, it looks like it's heading to a photo finish as to whether "congressional oversight" gets him or death by old age gets him.
            Thanks.
            😎

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Whether impeachment without conviction/removal would be pointless or not is a matter that is up for debate.

It would still be an official indictment upon the president that would remain on his record forever as well as a public airing of the charges.

History recalls that Bill Clinton was one of two impeached presidents. People still debate whether the charges against him warrant removal. That he wasn’t removed from office is part of the story as well. But to imply the historical view of him and the matter is just the same as if the house had decided against impeachment isn’t accurate.
              Over all...another meaningless action. History is apparently meaningless in real time, to real people.
              To note: The democrat icon, Bill Clinton, given a rousing, standing ovation, as he gave a keynote speech at the 2016 Democratic National Convention.
              Conclusion:Official indictment is evidently meaningless to real people. History is evidently meaningless to real people.
              Though, it would be interesting to see if the republicans would invite trump to speak at their national convention, were he to go through impeachment proceedings, without conviction. They probably would. (can you imagine the outcry from the dems, if that happened?)
              ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke

Comment

“Bouncing from one investigation to another without success”?

Lol. What are you even talking about? Who do you mean by “they”? Which investigation have they bounced around? How many have there been? Which ones have failed?

the desperation I see is from the Trump apologists flailing around wildly crying “it’s over!” and “witch hunt” and “exoneration!” hoping that if only they do it long enough and loud enough it might become true.

Comment

“Bouncing from one investigation to another without success”?

Lol. What are you even talking about? Who do you mean by “they”? Which investigation have they bounced around? How many have there been? Which ones have failed?

the desperation I see is from the Trump apologists flailing around wildly crying “it’s over!” and “witch hunt” and “exoneration!” hoping that if only they do it long enough and loud enough it might become true.
                  Ok. Maybe I'm mistaken that the goal seems to be to get trump out of office, That's not happened. The Mueller investigation seem to come up short, in regards to getting the impeachment that everyone was counting on. Mueller has concluded his investigation, Now Nadler is starting his investigation. Cummings has started his investigation on security clearances, Schiff has his investigation, Foreign Affairs Chairman Engel has his investigation. House Ways and Means chair Neal has his investigation..........Let's not forget the unbiased House Financial Services Chair "Everybody knows I'm for impeachment" Maxine Waters........................You still have the Stormy Daniels investigation. NY Inauguration Funding investigation, NY campaign funding investigation, NY Rebuilding America Now, trump Super Pac Investigation, NY Department of Financial Services investigation, Md AG Emoluments Clause investigations, etc, etc etc.......all part of the "Get trump" democrat obsession. Let's just admit it,....there isn't a democrat, that is alive and in office, that isn't trying to come up with something, anything to "Get trump".
                  I'm extremely disappointed & disheartened that it's 2 years plus and they haven't touched trump. I was so counting on them to produced President Pence & save the U.S. At the same time, it's comical to watch the shark-like democrat feeding frenzy develop and come up with nothing. The rabid democrat pack, has been totally unable to put a single bite on trump.....but.....,even with all their chaos, I still maintain a bit of hope, that they might one day trip over themselves and actually come up with something.
                  Gotta give'um an A+ for effort.......F for results.

Comment

Ok. Maybe I'm mistaken that the goal seems to be to get trump out of office, That's not happened. The Mueller investigation seem to come up short, in regards to getting the impeachment that everyone was counting on.
                    Presuming that the goal is to "get Trump out of office", Mueller stated in the report itself that he was not going to recommend indictment. As far as it "getting the impeachment" based on the report, that process has only just begun. So why would you declare it 'failed"? That makes no sense.

Mueller has concluded his investigation, Now Nadler is starting his investigation. Cummings has started his investigation on security clearances, Schiff has his investigation, Foreign Affairs Chairman Engel has his investigation. House Ways and Means chair Neal has his investigation..........Let's not forget the unbiased House Financial Services Chair "Everybody knows I'm for impeachment" Maxine Waters........................You still have the Stormy Daniels investigation. NY Inauguration Funding investigation, NY campaign funding investigation, NY Rebuilding America Now, trump Super Pac Investigation, NY Department of Financial Services investigation, Md AG Emoluments Clause investigations, etc, etc etc.......all part of the "Get trump" democrat obsession. Let's just admit it,....there isn't a democrat, that is alive and in office, that isn't trying to come up with something, anything to "Get trump".
                    The reasons there are so many investigations is because Trump is so damned crooked. But we all knew that about the guy long before he even ran for office. As far as any of them having 'failed', seems to me one should wait until they have been completed before they start going on about that.

Isn't that they way just things are supposed to work?

I'm extremely disappointed & disheartened that it's 2 years plus and they haven't touched trump. I was so counting on them to produced President Pence & save the U.S. At the same time, it's comical to watch the shark-like democrat feeding frenzy develop and come up with nothing. The rabid democrat pack, has been totally unable to put a single bite on trump.....but.....,even with all their chaos, I still maintain a bit of hope, that they might one day trip over themselves and actually come up with something.
                    Gotta give'um an A+ for effort.......F for results.
                    "a single bite"? What would be your definition of a 'bite'? An indictment. Oh wait, can't indict a sitting prez, or did you forget. That leaves impeachment and/or wait until he's out of office.

But the Muller report ALONE detailed over 10 separate instancing of criminal wrongdoing on the part of Trump. By what definition is that not a "bite"? Because Barr refused to move forward? And you want to accuse the DEMS of being the ones playing politics here? Gee, over 900 prosecutors have stated he broke the law. He just HAPPENED to find the ONE in the country who believes he didn't? What are the odds!

But keep crying "fail!" Maybe it will come true if you keep wishing for it hard enough!
                    Last edited by Vito Corleone; 05-27-2019, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Over all...another meaningless action. History is apparently meaningless in real time, to real people.
                      To note: The democrat icon, Bill Clinton, given a rousing, standing ovation, as he gave a keynote speech at the 2016 Democratic National Convention.
                      Conclusion:Official indictment is evidently meaningless to real people. History is evidently meaningless to real people.
                      Though, it would be interesting to see if the republicans would invite trump to speak at their national convention, were he to go through impeachment proceedings, without conviction. They probably would. (can you imagine the outcry from the dems, if that happened?)
                      So because a Republican believes it’s “meaningless” then all investigations should stop now? Lol. Riiiiight

One has to investigate to decide whether to indict. Why are you so afraid of the Dems investigating Trump? Why aren’t you at least as critical of him doing everything he can to obstruct the lawful oversight by congress?

Comment

So because a Republican believes it’s “meaningless” then all investigations should stop now? Lol. Riiiiight

One has to investigate to decide whether to indict. Why are you so afraid of the Dems investigating Trump? Why aren’t you at least as critical of him doing everything he can to obstruct the lawful oversight by congress?
                        Actually It was the democrats that showed impeachment proceedings are meaningless.That a sitting president can commit adultery, lie about it, get caught and still be an icon of the democrat party & be well respected enough, at least by democrats, to be invited as a keynote speaker at the DNC presidential convention and get a loud raucous welcome.
                        I'm not the least bit afraid of the dems investigating trump. I am afraid that they are incompetent to acomplish/finish the task .
                        I constantly hear democrats saying how incompetent trump is. How ignorant trump is. How stupid trump is. This is like the light bulb question: How many democrats does it take to take down stupid?
                        No answer.....we're still counting.

Comment

Working...
                        X