Let the show (down) begin!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the show (down) begin!

Well this will be interesting.

"It is simply not fathomable that a Constitution that grants Congress the power to remove a President for reasons including criminal behavior would deny Congress the power to investigate him for unlawful conduct — past or present — even without formally opening an impeachment inquiry,"
    https://www.yahoo.com/gma/judge-rule...opstories.html
    Last edited by Telecruiser; 05-20-2019, 04:56 PM.
    Winning an argument with a smart person is difficult. Winning an argument with a stupid person is damn near impossible.

"We disagree with that ruling. It's crazy because you look at this never happened to any other president.......
    To be honest, we have never had a president like Trump either.
    Winning an argument with a smart person is difficult. Winning an argument with a stupid person is damn near impossible.

Comment

An excellent line from the ruling: “This court is not prepared to roll back the tide of history.”

Without resigning to my armchair psychology about tribalism, I can’t understand why so many Republicans want to stifle Congress’s oversight role right now. If not simply for political power, I cannot understand why so many constitutionally educated Republicans would argue that the executive branch’s Mueller and Barr mean that the legislative branch should not conduct its own oversight.
      For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
      https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K

My (old dead) band!:
      www.steelphantoms.com/
      PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

democrats need to learn to respect the constitution, the founders put the president at the top of the pyramid of power for a reason!

Last edited by Turd Furgison; 05-21-2019, 11:16 AM.
        {O,O}
        (__(\
        " "

Comment

Originally posted by Telecruiser View Post

To be honest, we have never had a president like Trump either.
          Yep. "President" was his first political office to hold. Not since Washington, as far as I can tell. It may explain his businesslike, rather than "politician-like" speech style and leadership style.
          EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Furgison View Post
            democrats need to learn to respect the constitution, the founders put the president at the top of the pyramid of power for a reason!

Convenient for the president: The BBC left out impeachment. They want us to think the president is king! Lousy Brits.
            For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
            https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K

My (old dead) band!:
            www.steelphantoms.com/
            PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

The whole issue reminds me of this article I read earlier today:
              Dems' attacks on Trump will mean landslide in 2020

EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post
                The whole issue reminds me of this article I read earlier today:
                Dems' attacks on Trump will mean landslide in 2020
                "Oh lookie! Another person on the internet agrees with me!"

Comment

Yep. "President" was his first political office to hold. Not since Washington, as far as I can tell. It may explain his businesslike, rather than "politician-like" speech style and leadership style.
                  Businesslike = losing $1T in a 10 year span.

you have to really be a special kind of businessman to lose that kind of money.

and the deficit increases reinforce his lack of financial acumen.

his main "business" seems to be grifting.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Correction: Not since Ike and he was only some Supreme Allied Commander before he became President
                    (The US will not survive the obama presidency. The world may not either.) Cuban Leaf

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

"Oh lookie! Another person on the internet agrees with me!"
                      That kind of mockery is bordering on a personal attack. If you have a problem with the source of his link, or the POV expressed in it, then please tell us why - but leave the snide mockery of other posters out of the discussion please.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                      - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                      - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                      - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

That kind of mockery is bordering on a personal attack. If you have a problem with the source of his link, or the POV expressed in it, then please tell us why - but leave the snide mockery of other posters out of the discussion please.
                        I’ve addressed this more than once. Including politely asking him to improve upon the source of his links or explain why he does this and have never received a reply that I’m aware of. While I imagine it’s not against forum rules, I find his tendency to post as a support for his opinions what amount to nothing more than opinion blogged on some other site from people who have no authority on a topic to be, if nothing else, a waste of time for the people who click on the links.

When someone says “this reminds of this article” and offers no explanation of what the article is, am I wrong to expect something more than just some random person’s opinion with no facts or data or anything? Just some guy saying “why I think Dems will lose” that could just as easily been one of any of the hundreds of similar posts by our own members?

so yes. I asked him before to not do this. Because I think it’s not only a waste of all of our time, but disrespectful to those of us who go to the trouble to formulate our own opinions and find support for them.

I’m sorry that I resorted to a snide response, but I think it was appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post

Businesslike = losing $1T in a 10 year span.

you have to really be a special kind of businessman to lose that kind of money.

and the deficit increases reinforce his lack of financial acumen.

his main "business" seems to be grifting.
                          In high school I had a freind who's goal was to owe $1 mm. I asked him why and he said something like, "What kind of person do the banks loan a million dollars to?" with a grin.

Also, you're living in the past. Have you read "the art of the comeback"?

Or is your motto, "Never try, never fail"?

I've rubbed shoulders with more than one highly successful person. Every single one of them had some pretty significant failures in their past. What they learned from those failures is what made them so successful today. So many sit in judgement of Trump 30 years ago without a clue what was really going on and what really came of it. They just know that they hate Trump and that is just another reason.

You can find plenty of reasons to hate every single person that crosses your path - and as many reasons to love them. But you get to choose.

Comment

Originally posted by fretmess View Post

Correction: Not since Ike and he was only some Supreme Allied Commander before he became President
                            I should have been more specific. You are correct. But Trump reached his position outside of government.

Comment

Originally posted by Donny G
                              Crying wolf can become an obsession, or even a way of life I suppose. There won't be any need to investigate the republican nominee this coming election, he is squeaky clean. They probably know how many parking tickets our great POTUS has gotten. What a true waste of time and money.
                              I doubt that Trump has ever driven a car himself, much less try to parallel park.

Never Again is Now.

Ed Phoebes man...if this band I know called Rexella took acid (well more than they already have) then ate radioactive squirrel steaks for dinner then mated with (ugh) that white stripes girl and then killed her and ate her heart...that's Ed Phoebes to me. – Pepper Rhodes

https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

Working...
                              X