Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lori Lightfoot Sworn in as Chicago's First Openly Gay, Black Female Mayor!!!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daehtihs View Post

There are some places down there where you can retire like a king from what I hear.
    Yep...can't wait!
    Guns Over People

I pledge my allegiance to David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez!!!

Comment

It's definitely progress, but I won't be happy until we elect a black Transgender POTUS.

Comment

Originally posted by Balthazar Munoz View Post
        It's definitely progress, but I won't be happy until we elect a black Transgender POTUS.
        I won`t be happy until we elect a human, that identifies as a goat, who in turn identifies as a chimpanzee. It`s progress.

Comment

One of the more endearing traits of conservatives clearly on display in this thread:

Since the founding of our nation, being either female, black or gay would not only be an almost insurmountable barrier for one to reach an elected office (let alone all three) regardless of how qualified they might be for the position, but the more conservative the voter, the more likely they would be to vote against a person for that reason.

But as soon as it happens and anyone dares to note the significance of those barriers being broken, those same conservatives are the first ones to stand up and complain about "why are we so concerned about what these people ARE? Why are we just voting for them based on their qualifications???"

one could nearly drown in the sea of crocodile tears.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post
            One of the more endearing traits of conservatives clearly on display in this thread:

Since the founding of our nation, being either female, black or gay would not only be an almost insurmountable barrier for one to reach an elected office (let alone all three) regardless of how qualified they might be for the position, but the more conservative the voter, the more likely they would be to vote against a person for that reason.

But as soon as it happens and anyone dares to note the significance of those barriers being broken, those same conservatives are the first ones to stand up and complain about "why are we so concerned about what these people ARE? Why are we just voting for them based on their qualifications???"

Why just not accept it and not make a big deal out of it? "Oh, look at that black person being like a white person..we should make them feel extra special". I don`t know any human being who would appreciate that. Why single her out? Are we all not humans?

Comment

Originally posted by redEL34 View Post

Why just not accept it and not make a big deal out of it? "Oh, look at that black person being like a white person..we should make them feel extra special". I don`t know any human being who would appreciate that. Why single her out? Are we all not humans?
              Just told you why. Because hundreds of years of others making such a big deal out of it makes noting the 'first' aspect of it something worthwhile.

After hundreds of years of such discrimination suddenly NOW it's "why single her out? Are we all not humans?"

How convenient.

Comment

I won`t be happy until we elect a human, that identifies as a goat.
                If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve.
                "Gimme a Pigfoot and a Bottle of Beer"

Comment

Just told you why. Because hundreds of years of others making such a big deal out of it makes noting the 'first' aspect of it something worthwhile.

After hundreds of years of such discrimination suddenly NOW it's "why single her out? Are we all not humans?"

How convenient.
                  If equality is what we seek, why make it like they are above anyone else?

Comment

Okay I got it...

We need...

A black-part hispanic illegal immigrant lesbian queer or questioning? (the "Q" in LGBTQ) cross-dressing trans-species post-op special-needs progressive non-white atheist feminist full term abortionists as the ultimate victim candidate.
                    Last edited by nedezero1; 05-22-2019, 09:03 AM.

Comment

If equality is what we seek, why make it like they are above anyone else?
                      Who said anything about them being "above"? Why is THAT your perception?

Comment

Originally posted by nedezero1 View Post
                        Okay I got it...

We need...

A black-part hispanic illegal immigrant lesbian queer (the "Q" in LGBTQ) cross-dressing trans-species post-op special-needs progressive non-white atheist feminist full term abortionists as the ultimate victim candidate.
                        Wrong. The "Q" is not for "queer". But nice try.

Comment

Originally posted by prolurkerguy View Post

Why? Shouldn’t we all be appalled by it?
                          We probably should.

But the Conservatives I know don’t seem to share that belief.

But of course without that statistic it would be hard to point to Chicago as a standout as regards violence.

Ben Shapiro would lose his favorite NRA talking point.

Comment

The People Voted.

Comment

Oh noes! Guido's noting stuff!! Run for it!!!

The more left the voter, the more likely to treat skin color as some kind of qualification, just as dems always have.

Conservatives generally hold the view than skin color, etc. neither enhances nor diminishes character. That's why we find the constant infatuation with such things a little tiresome.

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by Opposite Day View Post

Oh noes! Guido's noting stuff!! Run for it!!!

The more left the voter, the more likely to treat skin color as some kind of qualification, just as dems always have.

Conservatives generally hold the view than skin color, etc. neither enhances nor diminishes character. That's why we find the constant infatuation with such things a little tiresome.
                                Conservative M.O.: Late to the party and then pretending they were there the whole time. "Who? Moi?" As usual.

Comment

Working...
                                X