Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lori Lightfoot Sworn in as Chicago's First Openly Gay, Black Female Mayor!!!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jasaoke View Post
    I think that identifying her as "gay, black, and female" sounds homophobic, racist, and misogynistic. And if that's why she was elected, shame on everyone.
    What about those who voted against her for the same reasons?

The reason to point out such characteristics isn’t to say she was elected because of them, but to note the historical significance of her being elected in spite of having such characteristics that would have been deal-breakers for so many not so long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by prolurkerguy View Post

I just find it interesting that you choose to live in a nation that you despise, and further, choose to live in a region that you appear to look down upon.
      Link to Hoddy saying he despised the nation?

Zip
      665 - Neighbor of the Beast

Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

Comment

Originally posted by prolurkerguy View Post

I just find it interesting that you choose to live in a nation that you despise, and further, choose to live in a region that you appear to look down upon.
        We're moving, but that's still a few years away. I'm good where we are now for the most a part. We've had pretty much the same neighbors for the last 21 years, we all get along with each other so that's cool. Once our daughter is done with school then well be moving.
        Guns Over People

I pledge my allegiance to David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoddy View Post

We're moving, but that's still a few years away. I'm good where we are now for the most a part. We've had pretty much the same neighbors for the last 21 years, we all get along with each other so that's cool. Once our daughter is done with school then well be moving.
          What country?

Comment

I was in a hotel in Chicago a few months ago and turned on the local news. About ten minutes into it, it hit me: Everyone was black. From the talking heads to the field reporters to the local individuals being interviewed.

It became the most noticeable thing about the news broadcast, especially to someone that does not live in the area. And they were even having the "black women's fair" or something like that at the time.

It was like I died and went to Wakanda, without the found high tech. Weird.

So I'm not surprised their mayor is black. I am surprized she is homosexual, though. American Black culture is not as accepting of homosexuality as the rest of american culture, from what I percieve. I believe it is one of the weaknesses of Buttiggie... Buttuge...Buttma... Mayor Pete.
            Last edited by Easy Listener; 05-21-2019, 11:38 AM.
            EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

Comment

Originally posted by Daehtihs View Post

What country?
              We are looking at several countries in the Caribbean and Central America.
              Guns Over People

Comment

We are looking at several countries in the Caribbean and Central America.
                There are some places down there where you can retire like a king from what I hear.

Comment

I have a hard enough life being a straight - 50 year old white make ..... damn - kudos to her for her achievement !
                  Originally posted by Daryl Flynn;n32409120
                  There is no chance of Trump losing. Deep down you know this.

Daryl Flynn - Dec 3 2018

Comment

Originally posted by AxiomVanguard View Post
                    So how is she going to stop the gun violence in the windy city?
                    It’s interesting how much Conservatives are appalled at gang members killing each other.

Chicago is actually rated quite high among large cities as far as safety goes.

Comment

Originally posted by powbob01 View Post

It’s interesting how much Conservatives are appalled at gang members killing each other.
                      Why? Shouldn’t we all be appalled by it?

Comment

Originally posted by powbob01 View Post

Chicago is actually rated quite high among large cities as far as safety goes.
                        I don't care if gangsters kill gangsters. They are gangsters by choice. It's what they do.
                        "Gimme a Pigfoot and a Bottle of Beer"

Comment

Originally posted by Zipperhead View Post

Link to Hoddy saying he despised the nation?

Zip
                          No need for a link...I do despise this country.
                          Guns Over People

Comment

https://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/war...510154951.html

So while the south regresses, the rest of the country progresses.
                            Being elected mayor of Chicago isn't actually a good barometer for "progress". With the reputation of Chicago, they'd probably be happy to settle for the bottom of the barrel, if that was all that would run.
                            "I'm mayor of Chicago"
                            ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
                            Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

No need for a link...I do despise this country.
                              I despise people who despise this country..
                              ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
                              Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

https://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/war...510154951.html

So while the south regresses, the rest of the country progresses.
                                You`re the one making an issue about it. Pat yourself on the back. Nobody else cares.

Comment

Working...
                                X