Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Do any of you give in to the click-bait quizzes / can you guess / IQ Tests etc.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

The Spruce Goose used to be down here in Long Beach, and there's a SR-71 at the museum at March AFB (now March Air Reserve Base), so I've seen one of those too. I used to live on Merritt Island, which is where the Kennedy Space Center is, so not only have I seen static rocket displays, I've seen several launches - including one space shuttle launch that I observed from ~35,000 feet, and another mission that I saw both the launch of (at Canaveral) and the return to earth (at Edwards AFB).

I haven't seen a X-15 up-close though - that would be cool to see!
    Lucky you. I'd love to see a big rocket take off. The Rumble!

I was at the World's Fair in Vancouper, BC (around 1986?) and a SR-71 did a low level flyover, peeling upward with full afterburners when it was over the fair. Completely unexpected and totally bitchen.

George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
    Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
      Lucky you. I'd love to see a big rocket take off. The Rumble!
      They post the next scheduled launch in the newspapers down there, but sometimes they’ll do an unannounced launch for a military of NRO bird, and the first launch after I moved down there was one such launch. When the rumble started, I looked at everyone in the house and said “earthquake” and they all laughed - they really don’t have earthquakes there, but a launch sure sounds like one!

I was at the World's Fair in Vancouper, BC (around 1986?) and a SR-71 did a low level flyover, peeling upward with full afterburners when it was over the fair. Completely unexpected and totally bitchen.
      Now I’M jealous - that must have been incredible!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
      - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
      - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
      - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by Into Nation View Post
        You know, the ads that show up challenging you to how smart you are?

I did a couple that really interested me, like ID these WW2 planes. For the most part though I ignore.

It's a pretty good idea though for clicks I think. Probably works.
        Never. Ever. I've also never, ever answered an ad on Facebook, though I rarely use facebook at all any more.

But a funny thing happens when you get old. It's almost a natural progression to just not needing much stuff. The ads are easy to avoid because, honestly, they just don't interest me. I'm not their target demographic (nearly dead).

Comment

Working...
        X