Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Popular Album from the Past Sucked Balls?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Ed Phobes- View Post
    Pink Floyd - The Wall
    Eagles - Hotel California
    I agree that The Wall was a disappointment. It could have been a great album had they cut some of the crap off the album and only made a single album featuring the following songs it would have kicked ass:

In the Flesh?
    Happiest Days of Our Lives
    Another Brick in the Wall (part 2)
    Mother
    Young Lust
    One of My Turns
    Hey You
    Nobody Home
    Comfortably Numb
    In the Flesh
    Run Like Hell
    Best deals on recording
    Gismo Studios: link
    My original music on ReverbNation: link
    Gismo Studios on ReverbNation: link
    Islam is a much greater threat to the free world than Communism ever was. - Easy Listener

Comment

Originally posted by Yakburger View Post
      Anything by Toto
      Toto is pros, not poetry
      Liberals: Life is unfair. Let's work together to mitigate that.
      Conservatives: Life is unfair. Let's work together to exploit that.

Ed phobes fathered my child, the child which is music within me, suckling on his talented teet. His new CD is the breast pump which collects his sweet, sweet boob milk for all the world. Bravo Ed, Bravo!
      - MXR

https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

Originally posted by E-money View Post
        Brothers is Arms was popular, but the songwriting was weak.
        Frampton Comes Alive is not great, but it sure sold.
        IMO "Love Over Gold" is a much better album.
        Guns Over People

I pledge my allegiance to David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakburger View Post
          Anything by Toto or Little River Band
          Little River Band I agree. Toto has some good songs hidden amongst their driven. For instance this song

Edit; and a live version
          Edit 2: I also like the songs Rosanna and Africa.
          Last edited by gismo recording; 05-19-2019, 02:48 PM.
          Best deals on recording
          Islam is a much greater threat to the free world than Communism ever was. - Easy Listener

Comment

Boston headed downhill after the first album, and the first was so overplayed it kind of made it bad too - though IMO there is not one filler song on that album.
            http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

Comment

Originally posted by Into Nation View Post
              Boston headed downhill after the first album, and the first was so overplayed it kind of made it bad too - though IMO there is not one filler song on that album.
              I always thought it was too bad that Led Zeppelin had already used the name "The Song Remains the Same". That would have been the perfect title for Boston's second and third albums.
              Best deals on recording

Comment

Originally posted by gismo recording View Post

I always thought it was too bad that Led Zeppelin had already used the name "The Song Remains the Same". That would have been the perfect title for Boston's second and third albums.
                Yep, pretty much!
                http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

Comment

Phil Collins - No Jacket Required sold a lot more copies than was warranted.
                  Def Leppard - Hysteria. Couldn't stand it.
                  ZZ Top - Eliminator. Not their finest work.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
                  For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
                  Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyfoo View Post
                    I remember growing up when my album collection sat in milk crates (before Canada went metric and then the new crates wouldn’t fit the albums anymore - they were just a smudge too narrow!)
                    anyhoo...... almost everyone’s record collections had the same 20+ albums in it - didn’t matter which one of your friends house you went to.

Queen - The Game
                    Boston
                    Pink Floyd - The Wall
                    Eagles - Hotel California

anyway you get the idea.

This one album that was in my collection (God knows why), sucked so bad and yesterday while we were driving to Alaska the single came on the 80’s channel and it made me realize “this sucked balls in 1980 and here we are 40 years later and it still sucks just as bad “

here is my nomination for POS record that sucks into eternity and will suck forever :

Blondie : Autoamerican
                    ”heart of glass “ chittiest song of all time !
                    Um... most of them?

Sturgeon's Law is inexorable
                    Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

Working...
                    X