No announcement yet.

House approves anti-LGBT discrimination Equality Act

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nedezero1 View Post
    I wonder if I could identify as a woman long enough to have valid opinion on abortion.
    why bother when Republicans and conservatives seem perfectly fine with the idea of one group of people making all the rules for everyone else not like them?

Y'all already have the whole world figured out and know what's best for everyone, it seems!

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

I dunno. I can't speak for anyone else, but if my daughter were in a Miss Teen USA pageant, I think I'd be much more comfortable with, say, Wendy Carlos walking in on the girls while they were dressing than I would Donald Trump. Wouldn't everyone?
      I would prefer that adult males not enter any space where minor females are undressed.

Seriously, folks. Why does this tranny-in-the-bathroom thing freak you all out so much?
      This freaks me out.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	7be5248852aec0a00ad84eb6e2254560.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	32521686
      "Gimme a Pigfoot and a Bottle of Beer"

Comment

Originally posted by williegoat View Post
        I would prefer that adult males not enter any space where minor females are undressed.
        Mr. Trump apparently doesn't agree.

But, last time I checked, this was generally forbidden by law regardless of which bathrooms people use.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

But, last time I checked, this was generally forbidden by law regardless of which bathrooms people use.
          This bill would change that. That is the problem.

The bill prohibits an individual from being denied access to a shared facility, including a restroom, a locker room, and a dressing room, that is in accordance with the individual's gender identity.

Comment

This bill would change that. That is the problem.
            Not really. Kids and adults mixing it up in public locker rooms and dressing rooms isn't very common.

Comment

I haven't read it, but from I'm understanding it requires some people to partake in other people's fantasies and delusions. I.E "gender identity".

Stuff like that.
              You don't have a gender identity? That's interesting. Do you consider yourself an 'it'?
              -------------------------------------------------------
              The emperor marched in the procession under the beautiful canopy, and all who saw him in the street and out of the windows exclaimed: Indeed, the emperor's new suit is incomparable! What a long train he has! How well it fits him! Nobody wished to let others know he saw nothing, for then he would have been unfit for his office or too stupid. Never an emperor's clothes were more admired.

Comment

Originally posted by Balthazar Munoz View Post
                Im so glad of this. Im a small guy, just 5'8, and my man is a big black 6'8 guy, and he'sr eally gentl\e with me..OMG he's so huge, but even though he says he would like to get rough and basically drive his full massive 11 inch length and massive girth to the hilt, he respects my limits and is really gentle.

Name:	NErFV6F.gif
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	32521696

Flag a Post
                The Report has been sent.
                [OK]

Comment

Originally posted by Komandi View Post

You don't have a gender identity? That's interesting. Do you consider yourself an 'it'?
                  Sex (gender) is assigned during gestation and is unalterable.
                  Last edited by williegoat; 05-18-2019, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I wonder if I could identify as a woman long enough to have valid opinion on abortion.
                    Men can have valid opinions on abortion.

What's with the fantasy scenario you think that you need to be a woman to have a valid opinion.

is the code word "valid" the key to your formulation?

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

See it goes like this....

Onelife says "I'm an aardvark."

Ned says, "no you're a human, but if you want to identify as an aardvark, then you're free to do so."

Onelife says "no Ned, you have to identify me as an aardvark too...'cuz I do, and you're a bigot if you don't."

See now?
                      thanks for the reply

I understand what you are saying, however, there is a big difference between a human and an aardvark - not so much of a difference between genders of the same species.

The real question is... how much of gender identity is physical and how much is mental?

The outside observer only sees the physical part. It would be a sign of respect to accept the way one self identifies.
                      Every worm, every insect, every animal is working
                      for the ecological wellbeing of the planet.

Only we humans, who claim to be the most intelligent
                      species here, are not doing that. ~Sadhguru

Comment

Originally posted by SteinbergerHack View Post
                        So, would this make it illegal to challenge a 6'4" 275 lb guy who plays a team sport and wants to call himself a "woman" to get an athletic scholarship to a state university's women's team?

Does it make it illegal to have any legal division at all between men and women?

There will always be those who abuse a system - usually for some sort of financial gain - but for those who are genuine about their feelings, this is an important issue.

Comment

This freaks me out.

Name:	7be5248852aec0a00ad84eb6e2254560.jpg
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	32521686
                          It does look like a gender changer.

Comment

Irrelevant to gender identity.
                            -------------------------------------------------------
                            The emperor marched in the procession under the beautiful canopy, and all who saw him in the street and out of the windows exclaimed: Indeed, the emperor's new suit is incomparable! What a long train he has! How well it fits him! Nobody wished to let others know he saw nothing, for then he would have been unfit for his office or too stupid. Never an emperor's clothes were more admired.

Comment

That's the physical part - we are complex beings.

There are people who are sexually attracted to people of the same sex. We accept them as they are and no longer persecute them.

There are people who self-identify as something different than your accepted norm. If they do not cause harm to others then there is no reason not to respect them as they see themselves.

Comment

Even assuming that’s true for the sake of argument—

if there is a kid who is born with a vagina who insists they are nonetheless a boy and lives their life as a boy and the parents agree and want their child raised as a boy—

—what business is it of the government to step in and try to dictate otherwise?

once again—supposedly small government conservatives banding together in order to use the power of the government to tell other people how to live their lives.

I just dont get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X