No announcement yet.

Very OT poll: Boxers or Briefs?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very OT poll: Boxers or Briefs?

I ask because I'm a briefs guy who tried boxers and hated them. The legs would ride up into a bunch. Sometimes the big, bold nads would hang out like they're not supposed to. I just hated the feeling that the fabric was floating around and not doing it's job. So, I ask, why in heck would anyone choose boxers? The long leg briefs too - why? What does that accomplish? I think there are a lot of people buying these things because of a perception of cool. I always have a problem with that. I'm about function.

I'm wondering too on setting up polls. I don't see a way to automatically show the results in the OP - like without clicking on a tab.

Thanks for your indulgence.

Boxers
    66.67%
    Briefs
    22.22%
    Panties or something similarly weird
    11.11%
    Last edited by Hoot Owl; 05-16-2019, 03:38 PM.
    George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
    Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Commando.
    (The US will not survive the obama presidency. The world may not either.) Cuban Leaf

Comment

Tommy Johns.

I thought it was a bit weird at first when my brother in law gave me underwear as a Christmas present. He said "once you try them, you'll know why. Girls simply won't get it."

He was right. Nothing misleading in their ads.

Comment

This sums it up nicely...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
        - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
        - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
        - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Briefs and I don't like sandles that split your toe either. That is what boxers felt like.
          Last edited by bildo; 05-16-2019, 03:54 PM.

Comment

I wear boxer briefs which are the best of both worlds.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
            For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
            Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

Okay, boxers it is. But why?

Doesn't the float around factor give you pause? Doesn't overlapping fabric migrating around and collecting higher than designed make you go WTF, man, these things suck?

One thing I do not like about briefs is the weenie slot, where you poke it out to take a pee. Mine would always find it's way out when it wasn't supposed to. So I only buy briefs that don't have the slot. It's super easy to pull your undies down a little to pee anyway - the slot is totally unnecessary.

Maybe a big dong isn't made for slots.
              Last edited by Hoot Owl; 05-16-2019, 04:20 PM.
              George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by E-money View Post
                I wear boxer briefs which are the best of both worlds.
                I asked about that and you failed to inform. What makes that the best? What purpose do the legs play? I don't see any function there at all, except to keep part of your legs a little bit warmer in winter.
                Last edited by Hoot Owl; 05-16-2019, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bildo View Post
                  Briefs and I don't like sandles that split your toe either. That is what boxers felt like.
                  Funny enough, I can't stand sandles that don't have the toe split. That's helps hold them in place. You can grip them with your toes when on questionable terrain.

Comment

Boxer briefs. More support than boxers yet not as confining as tighty whities.

Comfort

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post
                      Tommy Johns.

I thought it was a bit weird at first when my brother in law gave me underwear as a Christmas present. He said "once you try them, you'll know why. Girls simply won't get it."

He was right. Nothing misleading in their ads.
                      Why? Is Tommy in there giving a massage or something?

Comment

Whitey tighties for this kid.
                        Winning an argument with a smart person is difficult. Winning an argument with a stupid person is damn near impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by powbob01 View Post
                          Boxer briefs. More support than boxers yet not as confining as tighty whities.

Comfort
                          I've never tried them so I wouldn't know. But if you don't like confining buy a bigger size.
                          Besides, I always thought the upper part was just like regular briefs but without the legs. No?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
                            I asked about that and you failed to inform. What makes that the best? What purpose do the legs play? I don't see any function there at all, except to keep part of your legs a little bit warmer in winter.
                            They have all of the comfort of briefs but don't look so incredibly dorky.
                            Since the legs are tight to the skin, they don't ride up your legs when you put pants on.
                            So essentially all of the comfort of tighty whiteys w/o the terrible look.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
                            For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
                            Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
                              I've never tried them so I wouldn't know. But if you don't like confining buy a bigger size.
                              Besides, I always thought the upper part was just like regular briefs but without the legs. No?
                              I used to be a speed skater and I still cycle and ski.

Translation: I have large thighs making the leg bands on briefs uncomfortable.
                              Also, women like boxer briefs in my experience..
                              Last edited by powbob01; 05-16-2019, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X