Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prolurkerguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Telecruiser View Post

I'd rather see the pharmaceutical lobbies gone. They do more harm to the populace. JMHO
    How so?

Leave a comment:

• nedezero1
    replied
    Ummm NRA is bad mmkayyy...

Leave a comment:

• Telecruiser
    replied
    Originally posted by panhandler View Post
    I wish them to be gone.
    I'd rather see the pharmaceutical lobbies gone. They do more harm to the populace. JMHO

Leave a comment:

• prolurkerguy
    replied
    Don’t care much about them, like every other iteration of the NRA.

Leave a comment:

• erok123
    replied
    I've never been a fan. Often that opinion has resulted in me being called "gun grabber", etc.

Like Red says, you have a right to own arms.

Leave a comment:

• redEL34
    replied
    I don`t have any interest in the NRA. It says in the Constitution I can have a gun. So there.

Leave a comment:

• Hoot Owl
    replied
    Originally posted by powbob01 View Post

Wayne apparently gets Manafort levels of clothing allowance.

His travel bills are apparently in the hundreds of thousands too.
    I just head a fine quote. It goes something like this:

Money doesn't corrupt. Money exposes the true person that was always there.

Leave a comment:

• Hoot Owl
    replied
    Originally posted by gismo recording View Post
    It's ridiculous. By saying Donald Trump specifically she made the organization 100% partisan. She's buying into the Trump fascism rap. He's the ONLY ONE who can save us.

Edit. Can't wait so see NOS's take.
    Are minority groups included in "us"?
    That doesn't appear to be what Donald has in mind - Make America White Again, and all.
    Wait, or was it Make America Green Again?
    Can't remember, there's been so much malfeasance to sift through.

Leave a comment:

• Hoot Owl
    replied
    The NRA is like most institutions or groups. They usually become corrupted by money. In their case, blood money, so it's worse.

Leave a comment:

• powbob01
    replied
    Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
    Second highest paid non-profit org (outside of the medical industry) exec.
    Very low paid staff,
    Underfunded retirement fund for the underpaid staff.
    Associated with Oliver North and Donald Trump.
    What's not to like?
    Wayne apparently gets Manafort levels of clothing allowance.

His travel bills are apparently in the hundreds of thousands too.

Leave a comment:

• RogueGnome
    replied
    Second highest paid non-profit org (outside of the medical industry) exec.
    Very low paid staff,
    Underfunded retirement fund for the underpaid staff.
    Associated with Oliver North and Donald Trump.
    What's not to like?

Leave a comment:

• Vito Corleone
    replied
    Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post
    What do NRA members here think about the institution lately? Is it still what you signed up for? Is it becoming too political? Or is it doing what you think it should?

I'm less curious about whatever internal battles they're having over funds appropriation, LaPierre, Oliver North, etc. I'm more curious to hear takes on what the new president, Carolyn Meadows, has said about their priorities.

In an interview with her hometown newspaper, Meadows said this is the biggest priority for the organization right now:

"We’re going to work to get Donald Trump reelected, unity, and that’s primarily it, to be politically active, to bring gun-toters into the fold, to get more gun-toters to join NRA,” she said. “It’s a powerful lobby, not just for gun rights, but for rights. We believe in the Constitution. When we take our oath of office we actually swear allegiance to the Constitution of the United States. That’s why I do it."

I could understand why people for whom the 2nd amendment is the most important issue felt compelled to vote for the Republican in 2016, but it seems that the more intellectual NRA members I know are not the world's biggest Trump fans. (I think Davo is the only NRA guy here who loved Trump to pieces.)

Do you think the organization is currently aiming for partisan causes? Would it be better for them to be less vocal about Trump and more vocal about trying to convince Democrats and swing voters to understand/agree with their perspectives on gun control?

OTOH though, I could understand if people from Planned Parenthood were to say their top priority right now would be getting a pro-choice president.... On that note though, the NRA leadership could simply speak of keeping a pro-2nd president, rather than speaking about specifically Trump.
    I guess the good news is that the NRA is no longer has to pretend that they are still all just about gun safety and education any longer.

Leave a comment:

• gismo recording
    replied
    It's ridiculous. By saying Donald Trump specifically she made the organization 100% partisan. She's buying into the Trump fascism rap. He's the ONLY ONE who can save us.

Edit. Can't wait so see NOS's take.
    Last edited by gismo recording; 05-16-2019, 01:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• panhandler
    replied
    I wish them to be gone.

Leave a comment:

• Vito Corleone
    replied
    Without the NRA, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy getting to say the name "Maria Butina" with a thick Russian accent so much.

Last edited by Vito Corleone; 05-16-2019, 12:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X