Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the current NRA?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don`t have any interest in the NRA. It says in the Constitution I can have a gun. So there.

Comment

I've never been a fan. Often that opinion has resulted in me being called "gun grabber", etc.

Like Red says, you have a right to own arms.
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.

Comment

Don’t care much about them, like every other iteration of the NRA.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandler View Post
          I wish them to be gone.
          I'd rather see the pharmaceutical lobbies gone. They do more harm to the populace. JMHO
          Winning an argument with a smart person is difficult. Winning an argument with a stupid person is damn near impossible.

Comment

Ummm NRA is bad mmkayyy...

Comment

Originally posted by Telecruiser View Post

I'd rather see the pharmaceutical lobbies gone. They do more harm to the populace. JMHO
              How so?

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
                Second highest paid non-profit org (outside of the medical industry) exec.
                Very low paid staff,
                Underfunded retirement fund for the underpaid staff.
                Associated with Oliver North and Donald Trump.
                What's not to like?
                Wow. I read your post shortly before discovering the story on NPR last night about this. LaPierre had a six-figure fund for clothes. Sheesh. I could never understand spending tens of thousands of dollars on clothes. If your company is giving you tens or hundreds of thousands to spend on something superfluous, there's only one thing that that money should buy: GEAR.
                For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
                https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K

My (old dead) band!:
                www.steelphantoms.com/
                PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

Originally posted by nedezero1 View Post
                  Ummm NRA is bad mmkayyy...
                  Well, I was asking for opinions. I suspect/assume you're being facetious there. I can't remember whether you're an NRA member/supporter or not. Do you have any thoughts on what the new president said is their current top goal?
                  For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?

My (old dead) band!:
                  www.steelphantoms.com/
                  PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

Originally posted by redEL34 View Post
                    I don`t have any interest in the NRA. It says in the Constitution I can have a gun. So there.
                    That pretty much sums it up. The right to keep and bear arms is going nowhere. But those who run the NRA have made themselves fabulously wealthy by scaring people into believing someone out there is coming for their guns and the only way to stop them is the send money to the NRA.

Pretty nice racket. While it lasted, anyway. Donald Trump is probably envious which is probably why he likes to align himself with them.

Comment

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post

Well, I was asking for opinions. I suspect/assume you're being facetious there. I can't remember whether you're an NRA member/supporter or not. Do you have any thoughts on what the new president said is their current top goal?
                      Not a member, but I do like American Rifleman magazine, the museum, and their gun education efforts.

As far as a lobbying group, I have no use for that.

Just like I don't have any use for Planned Parenthood as a lobbying group.

FWIW, Planned Parenthood lobbies for the right to kill unborn humans. The NRA lobbies for the constitutional right to bear arms, ultimately for the purpose of preserving life through the defense of the defensless.

Comment

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post

Do you think the organization is currently aiming for partisan causes? Would it be better for them to be less vocal about Trump and more vocal about trying to convince Democrats and swing voters to understand/agree with their perspectives on gun control?
                        Yes, that would be a better approach.

I have no reason to believe that DJ Trump is pro 2A, and it is quite clear from conversations here and elsewhere that we could use some politically neutral education efforts.

OTOH though, I could understand if people from Planned Parenthood were to say their top priority right now would be getting a pro-choice president.... On that note though, the NRA leadership could simply speak of keeping a pro-2nd president, rather than speaking about specifically Trump.
                        I think that helping share facts that would help bridge the divide would be far more helpful than focusing on elections, per se. NRA has adopted the political methods used by labor unions; how has that worked for the union membership numbers?
                        Last edited by SteinbergerHack; 05-17-2019, 05:47 PM.
                        Lease this space!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
                          I just head a fine quote. It goes something like this:

Money doesn't corrupt. Money exposes the true person that was always there.
                          As does alcohol.

Comment

Not a member, but I do like American Rifleman magazine, the museum, and their gun education efforts.

FWIW, Planned Parenthood lobbies for the right to kill unborn humans. The NRA lobbies for the constitutional right to bear arms, ultimately for the purpose of preserving life through the defense of the defensless.
                            The NRA lobbies for the right of everyone to own a gun. So when you snap out you can take your gun and kill born humans.

imo
                            tRump is NO star player. The ball simply bounced in his direction.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandler View Post

The NRA lobbies for the right of everyone to own a gun. So when you snap out you can take your gun and kill born humans.

imo
                              Gun owners don't snap. They pop.

George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
                              Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

I should’ve said thanks for sharing your opinion. I tend to think lobbying groups can serve an important purpose, especially in regards to educating folks (whether it be about differences between an AR15 and M16 or the stages of impregnation) and advising/informing representatives. And it seems to me this can be done without greed. But when groups with specific interests (2nd amendment or family planning) turn to supporting one party or president as their highest priority, then it’s no bueno.

My (old dead) band!:
                                www.steelphantoms.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X