No announcement yet.

The Law of Unintended Consequences - Awakening Liberal Ire

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Law of Unintended Consequences - Awakening Liberal Ire

Have you noticed what's going on with TV commercials lately?

During the reign of Trump I've noticed a lot more inter-racial couples and more gay couples. It's really been a big change. It's been so in your face that there must be a reason beyond natural social progress.
    I think we're experiencing blow back from the right's further imposition of their social war.
    I don't need to republish all the tweets from Trump or the statements from neo-nazis, etc. We all know what's been going on in this country.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

This phenomena brings up another question. What's going to happen with abortion rights support now that Georgia and other states are flexing their Theocratic leanings?

I'm guessing the right's orgasm of oppression is a x-year's worth of blip and liberalization of a successful society is inevitable (absent a world war or other national distress).
    I can't wait to look back twenty years from now. Sure hope I'm still alive.
    George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
    Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Of course it shows the real USA breakdown in those things. Because you would never use the real percentage breakdown. You must show the US in a different light to hold your agendas.
    https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fa...e/US/PST045218

Comment

The GOP has already lost the culture wars. I would even go so far to say they know it, clearly are not happy about it, and are reflexively lashing out.

for example the Alabama abortion law.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Originally posted by bildo View Post
        Of course it shows the real USA breakdown in those things. Because you would never use the real percentage breakdown. You must show the US in a different light to hold your agendas.
        Maybe you posted in the wrong thread. I don't have a clue what that has to do with the OP.

George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post
          The GOP has already lost the culture wars. I would even go so far to say they know it, clearly are not happy about it, and are reflexively lashing out.

for example the Alabama abortion law.
          I'd say that they are losing the culture war, not that they lost it. It is a never-ending battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
            Maybe you posted in the wrong thread. I don't have a clue what that has to do with the OP.
            Thought Owls could see well...guess not.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
              Have you noticed what's going on with TV commercials lately?

During the reign of Trump I've noticed a lot more inter-racial couples and more gay couples. It's really been a big change. It's been so in your face that there must be a reason beyond natural social progress.
              I think we're experiencing blow back from the right's further imposition of their social war.
              I don't need to republish all the tweets from Trump or the statements from neo-nazis, etc. We all know what's been going on in this country.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

This phenomena brings up another question. What's going to happen with abortion rights support now that Georgia and other states are flexing their Theocratic leanings?

I'm guessing the right's orgasm of oppression is a x-year's worth of blip and liberalization of a successful society is inevitable (absent a world war or other national distress).
              I can't wait to look back twenty years from now. Sure hope I'm still alive.
              Certainly noticed a big uptick on this stuff in the last few years, especially since the legalization of same-sex marriage. How much Trump has to do with it? I dunno. Can't compare to how it would have been otherwise, but I wouldn't discount that it's a factor.

Comment

Why should they use the "Real percentage breakdown"?

Are same-race or opposite-sex couples feeling under-represented on TV or something? Have they not been getting their due over the decades?

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Why should they use the "Real percentage breakdown"?

Are same-race or opposite-sex couples feeling under-represented on TV or something? Have they not been getting their due over the decades?
                  Never represent reality. It is bad...bad.

Comment

I don't think this has anything to do with Trump. I think it's as simple as businesses looking to expand their customer base by appealing to newer demographics.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
                    For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
                    Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

I've noticed that even Wal*Mao shows interracial couples in some of their commercials.
                      "Truth is what stands the test of experience."

...Albert Einstein

Comment

Never represent reality. It is bad...bad.
                        How is any individual commercial not representing reality?

should there be some sort of governing board who decides there should only be x-number if commercials made featuring interracial couples?

WTF does it matter?

Comment

WTF does it matter?
                          You're kidding, I hope. It might not matter to you or I, but to some people, these depictions on TeeVee annoy them greatly. A conservative "traditional values" parent might be put in the awkward position of explaining interracial or (gasp!) gay couples to their children. (All the better for conservatives to have their TeeVee permanently set to Faux Nooz). I was astonished when I saw the commercial that depicted a single, grown man who took loving care of...... A CAT?!?

Yes, commercials are completely realistic. Except for "Dramatization", "Fictionalization", "Professional driver on closed course", "do not attempt", et cetera ,et cetera, et cetera....(Commercials are 99% BS, IMO)

​​​​​​​
                          This space left intentionally blank.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

should there be some sort of governing board who decides there should only be x-number if commercials made featuring interracial couples?

WTF does it matter?
                            It does not matter..But you are always so lets look at the numbers..sorry your panties are in a wad again. I do enjoy the lesbian commercials.

Comment

It does not matter..But you are always so lets look at the numbers..sorry your panties are in a wad again. I do enjoy the lesbian commercials.
                              You said something about “agendas”. And “reality” being “represented”. So I figured it was important to you. So I thought I’d ask why. If it’s not and you were just once-again lashing out blindly at your perceived “lib” enemies without thinking it through? That is what it is I suppose.

Pretty sure they only agenda with those commercials is to sell stuff and make money.

Comment

Working...
                              X