Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alabama wants to go to the SCOTUS (abortion ban passed)

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harris and Warren are all over the news, and won’t shut up about their stupid campaigns. Damn you Alabama!
    __________________________________________________ _________
    arcadesonfire:
    And even if I were complaining about Democrats in general, I think it's healthy to critique one's own kind
    ______________________________________________ _________
    guido61: Nobody wants to be around No Fun Trump
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Zig al-din: The whole concept of a polite political dialogue is an oxymoron
    _____________________________________________ _________
    ​prolurkerguy: Knee jerk + soap box = injury waiting to happen

Comment

ROLL TIDE!!

Comment

Are the physicians going to be prosecuted for performing D & C procedures? Some are performed after 10 weeks,
        https://americanpregnancy.org/pregna...r-miscarriage/

Or, what about ectopic pregnancies? About 7 weeks for these.
        https://www.webmd.com/baby/pregnancy...ic-pregnancy#1

"Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has." - Martin Luther

Comment

Originally posted by SteinbergerHack

No kidding. On this board, you guys see me as a conservative.
          Not I. I see you as too intelligent and well-informed to fall prey to gross generalization. And also sane
          Last edited by Red Ant; 05-15-2019, 09:29 PM.
          Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

Originally posted by nedezero1 View Post

Regarding Alabama, folks will just go across state lines until the SCOTUS shoots this down....and they will.
            This, this and more this. Roe v. Wade is bullet-proof, even with the right-leaning SCOTUS we currently have.

The Alabama legislature are still stupendous boneheads
            Last edited by Red Ant; 05-15-2019, 09:37 PM.
            Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ant View Post

This, this and more this. Roe v. Wade is bullet-proof, even with the right-leaning SCOTUS we currently have.

I hope you are correct. Conservative are a bit hypocritical. They scream for smaller government but have no problem with creating nonsensical laws restricting rights. I listened to a conservative radio show today and the host opined that Roe v Wade should be challenged since science has advanced since it became case law. This is the same host that believes that snakes can talk and dudes can rise from the dead. #sad.
              "Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has." - Martin Luther

Comment

I think this is a states rights issue. The U.S. is a huge country with, what should be the regional mentality for an issue
                Last edited by redEL34; 05-15-2019, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Opposite Day View Post

I'm not saying it wasn't a dumb remark. Obviously women do get pregnant as a result of rape. And of course it cued up a chorus of "gynophobic misogynist!!! ," not that that takes a lot.
                  I think it's less about the words that freak out that that get cued up as it is the fact that anyone who says such a thing is a moron who shouldn't be in the US Senate.

Comment

Originally posted by redEL34 View Post
                    I think this is a states rights issue. The U.S. is a huge country with, what should be the regional mentality for an issue
                    Why? Why should ANY government--be it federal or state or local, be making such decisions for people?

Comment

No. It isn't bullet-proof. Far from it, sadly.

Comment

I was still holding out hope that at least the governor was sane. I don't know why, that wasn't very reasonable of me.

Comment

alabama, the state that ranks last in education, has decided to outlaw abortion because it cares about the children.
                          {O,O}
                          (__(\
                          " "

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

I can't understand how it matters. Call the rape any kind of rape you want. Call it the worst kind of rape imaginable. Or call it not even rape at all. Or anything in between. How does that matter?

The idea that "the body has a way of shutting the whole thing down" is absurd and 100% indefensible.
                            The question had nothing to do with how absurd and indefensible what he said was.It also had nothing to do with the statement you're talking about, but that statement could also be included.
                            It only had to do with what arcadesonfire said. "You and I and everyone else understood what Aikin meant". Considering the statements,he did make,it is absurd to think that we know what he meant without an explanation from him..... unless you think that all minds work the same. Without Aikins' explanation, we're just guessing at what he meant.
                            ocideytute

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post
                            You gotta help me out, cuz I might be a legitimate idiot. Where in your post did you explain why “legitimate rape” was a poor choice of words by Aikin? You and I and everyone else understood what Aikin meant by “legitimate rape.” How is it that that is a poor choice of words??
                            Last edited by stratosaurus; 05-16-2019, 06:33 PM.
                            ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
                            Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

If my wife wants to abort the unborn child, that is between us. Screw every ones else "I'm in charge of your life".
                              "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a look at the American Indian" — Henry Ford

Comment

Go to Japan, they do it every day, no big deal. Just pay the hospital fee in cash.
                                "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a look at the American Indian" — Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X