No announcement yet.

President Carter breaks his hip...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Carter breaks his hip...

He's recovering from surgery now. His main concern is that "turkey season ends this week", and he hasn't reached his limit yet.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1128039...D&refsrc=email

Wow - he still goes turkey hunting at his age? That's one tough old guy!

I hope he recovers quickly, and that he gets his limit - if not this year, then next season.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
    - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
    - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

I've always like Jimmah. Peanut farmer, nuclear scientist, submarine Captain, humanitarian. His loss to Reagan was the beginning of the far right exerting their power. The Iran hostage thing was a mess but otherwise he was an honorable president, and he's been a nothing but an honorable man since. Hope he feels better!

Zip
    665 - Neighbor of the Beast

Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zipperhead View Post
      I've always like Jimmah. Peanut farmer, nuclear scientist, submarine Captain, humanitarian. His loss to Reagan was the beginning of the far right exerting their power. The Iran hostage thing was a mess but otherwise he was an honorable president, and he's been a nothing but an honorable man since. Hope he feels better!

Zip
      Can you imagine the different history had the Iran rescue mission been successful?
      Best deals on recording
      Gismo Studios: link
      My original music on ReverbNation: link
      Gismo Studios on ReverbNation: link
      Islam is a much greater threat to the free world than Communism ever was. - Easy Listener

Comment

I lived in Georgia when Jimmy Carter was governor there.

the first vote I cast was for president in 1976 for Carter.

Get well soon, Mister President.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Originally posted by gismo recording View Post

Can you imagine the different history had the Iran rescue mission been successful?
          And speaking of Iran, what exactly is the difference between what Iran did to the US in 1979 and what the US is doing to Venezuela in 2019?
          Best deals on recording
          Gismo Studios: link
          My original music on ReverbNation: link
          Gismo Studios on ReverbNation: link
          Islam is a much greater threat to the free world than Communism ever was. - Easy Listener

Comment

Originally posted by gismo recording View Post

And speaking of Iran, what exactly is the difference between what Iran did to the US in 1979 and what the US is doing to Venezuela in 2019?
            Have I missed the news of armed, rioting crowds in DC storming the Venezuelan embassy and taking the staff hostage?

Here's to Carter's speedy recovery - a terrible POTUS in my view, but by all accounts a remarkable human being.
            Last edited by Red Ant; 05-14-2019, 07:12 PM.
            Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

The dude beat brain cancer at age 90. This is nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post
                The dude beat brain cancer at age 90. This is nothing.
                Cancers sometimes grow very slowly as we get older.
                Broken bones, particularly broken hips are very serious injuries for folks his age and often lead to death.
                I hope he’s got a few more good years left in him.
                As zip said, he’s a very honorable man, and has distinguished himself as a great American.
                To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Originally posted by -NPC-;n32500008

Trump is not creepy. He is lovable and charming.

Comment

I always like him as a kid. Even if he wasn't the most effective prez, nice to have a guy you can admire in there.

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

Get well Jimmy!
                    tRump is NO star player. The ball simply bounced in his direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ant View Post

Have I missed the news of armed, rioting crowds in DC storming the Venezuelan embassy and taking the staff hostage?
                      Yeah... I didn't quite "get" what he was trying to get at either. There's really no comparison IMO.

Here's to Carter's speedy recovery - a terrible POTUS in my view, but by all accounts a remarkable human being.
                      I agree - he really wasn't a very effective leader or POTUS, but he's largely been a fantastic example of what an ex-POTUS should be IMO. A true humanitarian.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                      - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                      - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                      - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

Yeah... I didn't quite "get" what he was trying to get at either. There's really no comparison IMO.

I agree - he really wasn't a very effective leader or POTUS, but he's largely been a fantastic example of what an ex-POTUS should be IMO. A true humanitarian.
                        Yep.

Comment

Carter is a very likable guy here's to his speedy recovery.

Comment

Working...
                          X