No announcement yet.

Immigration top US Federal crime, one-third of all sentencing

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post

I'm just talking about the way it felt years into the worst recovery in US history. That's all.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/louiswo...recovery-ever/
    https://money.cnn.com/2016/10/05/news/economy/us-recovery-slowest-since-wwii/
    It's more than a little bit ironic that the worst recovery led to the longest consecutive monthly record of private-sector job growth.

and falling annual deficits.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Originally posted by TCM View Post

And ironically, the economy showed steady growth over the 8 years of Obama's presidency...

So I don't get the joke.
      https://www.harmonycentral.com/forum...1#post32519781
      EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post

It's more than a little bit ironic that the worst recovery led to the longest consecutive monthly record of private-sector job growth.

and falling annual deficits.
        Make of it what you will.

Edit: Your post reminds me of the old joke: Sure, we're losing money on each one we sell, but we're making up for it in volume.

Spin, baby, spin.

"Sure, our car died, but we're saving a ton on gas!"

"Sure, I only got a 1% raise every year for 20 years while my friends got a 10 percent raise ever two years of those 20 years, but I got twice as many raises as they did!"
        Last edited by Easy Listener; 05-15-2019, 10:39 AM.
        EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

Comment

The country made of it what they will when they re-elected Obama on the basis of his first term economic performance.

and to bring us up to present I think that farmers will make of it what they will when they consider their financial losses from the trade War.

and of course farmers are not the only voting bloc which has and will be suffering financially from Trump's folly.

so when people march into the polling places and pull the lever in the voting booth you can be sure they will make of it what they will.
          ๐Ÿ˜

Is This Thing On?

Comment

Because Trump is not a republicans and both parties are fighting him. One is just more covert about it. Here's my proof: When the R's controlled the congress, he STILL didn't get his wall. They were fighting him. Many of them still are, IMO
            Maybe he didn't get his wall because it's so undeniably stupid.

George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
            Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post

The country made of it what they will when they re-elected Obama on the basis of his first term economic performance.

and to bring us up to present I think that farmers will make of it what they will when they consider their financial losses from the trade War.

and of course farmers are not the only voting bloc which has and will be suffering financially from Trump's folly.

so when people march into the polling places and pull the lever in the voting booth you can be sure they will make of it what they will.
              ๐Ÿ˜
              Personally, I think the Obama presidency is what gave us Trump.

Comment

Edit: Your post reminds me of the old joke: Sure, we're losing money on each one we sell, but we're making up for it in volume.

Spin, baby, spin.

"Sure, our car died, but we're saving a ton on gas!"

"Sure, I only got a 1% raise every year for 20 years while my friends got a 10 percent raise ever two years of those 20 years, but I got twice as many raises as they did!"
                Ummm....well, let's think this through a little more.

Economic Recovery means "The Economy, which was in recession, which means there was negative economic growth, is now in recovery, which means that, at worst, the economy is static, which never happens, because an economy is never static, it's always either growing or contracting; so since the the economy is recovering, it means that the economy is growing"

Your links (which, by the way, appear to be different URLs but are actually two different links to the same article) show a description of a slow, but significant, period of economic growth. It may be "the worst economic recovery ever" (which is arguable, using actual facts and stuff), but it was still, you know, recovery. Which means the economy was growing.

So you cutesy little aphorism about losing money on each transaction isn't accurate. For what it's worth.

And oh yeah- it should be noted that the opinion piece was written less than halfway through Obama's presidency. As I recall, the recovery continued, steadily.

Comment

Going back to the OP, I'll offer that the most innocuous and ticky-tack the 'crime', the more common it is.

Wanna bet that the "top" crime in your county or state that results in the most "sentencing" are probably traffic violations?

Comment

Personally, I think the Obama presidency is what gave us Trump.
                    No doubt you believe that.

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹ but it looks like the facts support a different conclusion. Trump got less votes than his opponent but via the Electoral College he squeaked out a narrow victory in several key swing States.

I invite you to look at those same key swing States currently in terms of opinion polling for Donald Trump.

and I don't really recall so I'll ask you, do you put yourself in the camp professing that millions of illegal alien votes went to Clinton in 2016?

Is This Thing On?

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post
                      Going back to the OP, I'll offer that the most innocuous and ticky-tack the 'crime', the more common it is.

Wanna bet that the "top" crime in your county or state that results in the most "sentencing" are probably traffic violations?
                      Progressives think the best of illegal immigrants, so sweet. Maybe this will help.

"The findings in the second report (GAO-05-646R) are even more disturbing. This report looked at the criminal histories of 55,322 aliens that โ€œentered the country illegally and were still illegally in the country at the time of their incarceration in federal or state prison or local jail during fiscal year 2003.โ€ Those 55,322 illegal aliens had been arrested 459,614 times, an average of 8.3 arrests per illegal alien, and had committed almost 700,000 criminal offenses, an average of roughly 12.7 offenses per illegal alien.

Out of all of the arrests, 12 percent were for violent crimes such as murder, robbery, assault and sex-related crimes; 15 percent were for burglary, larceny, theft and property damage; 24 percent were for drug offenses; and the remaining offenses were for DUI, fraud, forgery, counterfeiting, weapons, immigration, and obstruction of justice.
                      https://www.heritage.org/immigration...minal-activity

Comment

Illegal crossings but mostly asylum seekers have shot up so much now with Trump in the WH.
                        And the kids in cages. ICE taking them from their mothers.
                        Are all these kids really rapists and murderers?
                        Are these kids really trying to defraud our voting system?
                        I guess if Trump says so, it must be true.
                        My MAGA hat is so stained and soiled. I'm so ashamed to wear it.
                        To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Originally posted by -NPC-;n32500008

Trump is not creepy. He is lovable and charming.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
                          Illegal crossings but mostly asylum seekers have shot up so much now with Trump in the WH.
                          And the kids in cages. ICE taking them from their mothers.
                          Are all these kids really rapists and murderers?
                          Are these kids really trying to defraud our voting system?
                          I guess if Trump says so, it must be true.
                          My MAGA hat is so stained and soiled. I'm so ashamed to wear it.
                          I just thought of an unfortunate side effect of Trump's tariff war with China - MAGA hats getting more expensive.

Is This Thing On?

Comment

Originally posted by Daehtihs View Post

Progressives think the best of illegal immigrants, so sweet. Maybe this will help.

"The findings in the second report (GAO-05-646R) are even more disturbing. This report looked at the criminal histories of 55,322 aliens that โ€œentered the country illegally and were still illegally in the country at the time of their incarceration in federal or state prison or local jail during fiscal year 2003.โ€ Those 55,322 illegal aliens had been arrested 459,614 times, an average of 8.3 arrests per illegal alien, and had committed almost 700,000 criminal offenses, an average of roughly 12.7 offenses per illegal alien.

Out of all of the arrests, 12 percent were for violent crimes such as murder, robbery, assault and sex-related crimes; 15 percent were for burglary, larceny, theft and property damage; 24 percent were for drug offenses; and the remaining offenses were for DUI, fraud, forgery, counterfeiting, weapons, immigration, and obstruction of justice.
                            https://www.heritage.org/immigration...minal-activity
                            So the results of their case study of 55,322 illegal immigrants who have committed crimes is that they have committed crimes?

I never would have guessed that.

And what your case study doesn't mention is how many of those 459,614 arrests are for the crime of being in the country illegally. Which is kind of a 'duh'.

But it has been documented repeatedly that illegal immigrants actually commit fewer crimes than native born citizens.

No one wants people coming into the country and committing crimes. The best way to prevent that is to have a robust and efficient LEGAL immigration system. The #1 reason we have so many people here illegally is because the LEGAL system is a joke. Fix the LEGAL system and not only will the vast majority of the problems with illegal immigration disappear, but those who DO still come here illegally and break the law will be that much easier to ferret out.

This is such common sense that I can't believe we have to continually keep having this discussion. It's almost as if those who are so opposed to illegal immigration have something other that is driving their agenda besides immigration, jobs, the economy and crime.

Comment

Originally posted by TCM View Post

So you cutesy little aphorism about losing money on each transaction isn't accurate. For what it's worth.

And oh yeah- it should be noted that the opinion piece was written less than halfway through Obama's presidency. As I recall, the recovery continued, steadily.
                              Yes, the cutesy one was just being cute. The other two apply much better. I probably should have taken the cute one out to simplify my point.

I linked the article for one reason: So I could say I linked an article. I believe here are tons of recent articles about this that discuss it. I was in a hurry. Google it.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post
                                '.

But it has been documented repeatedly that illegal immigrants actually commit fewer crimes than native born citizens.

No one wants people coming into the country and committing crimes. The best way to prevent that is to have a robust and efficient LEGAL immigration system. The #1 reason we have so many people here illegally is because the LEGAL system is a joke. Fix the LEGAL system and not only will the vast majority of the problems with illegal immigration disappear, but those who DO still come here illegally and break the law will be that much easier to ferret out.
                                Link to where ILLEGAL immigrants commit less crime than citizens or legal immigrants.

By "fix" our legal system do you mean open borders like other progressives or just make it super easy?
                                Last edited by Daehtihs; 05-15-2019, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X