Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Immigration top US Federal crime, one-third of all sentencing

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Immigration top US Federal crime, one-third of all sentencing

    Just add the court and jail costs to the American taxpayers tab.

    Immigration crime, virtually all involving illegal male, Hispanic immigrants, was the top offense in federal courts last year, according to the United States Sentencing Commission.

    In its just-released annual report, the commission said that immigration crimes accounted for 34.4% of all sentencing cases, up from 30% last year.


    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...20190514145126
    Last edited by Daehtihs; 05-14-2019, 11:12 AM.

  • #2
    Remember when Trump said there was a crisis at the border, and the leftists all said that was baloney?

    That tune changed remarkably fast. The left wants the voters, but the fallout from this influx is making them look so bad that its not worth it.

    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...al-immigration

    Months after repeatedly dismissing and mocking President Trump’s claim of a national emergency at the Southern U.S. border, the mainstream media are grappling with reality, with no less than The New York Times declaring the border crisis at “breaking point.”

    Yet as recently as February, a New York Times fact-checker of Trump's State of the Union speech tweeted: “President Trump described illegal border crossings as a 'urgent national crisis.' This is false."
    EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

    Comment


    • #3
      I can understand Republicans wanting to make hay with this issue but the Optics are just terrible for them.

      presumably everybody understands by now how the demographics are changing with the immigrants.

      far more women and kids are coming now seeking Asylum.

      caging the asylum-seekers makes the GOP look really bad.
      __________________________________________________

      Is This Thing On?

      https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

      Comment


      • #4
        Thread title is misleading/incorrect. Top offense in FEDERAL courts.

        And, yes. There IS an increased crisis at the border. Trump has created it.

        https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...d-trump-226573

        Comment


        • #5
          We have two kinds of immigrants where I live. We have highly educated foreign-born who are doctors, engineers, etc. In spite of the fact that these newcomers have made many of the locals wealthy by improving their property values, they are still scorned because they are "not from here".

          We also have people not born in the US who have little or no education. I see them working at the Dunkin Donuts for example.

          At the Dunkies near my house there are people who are clearly from the area. There are a few nice old ladies who work there but the younger locals are the dregs. They are slobs. Fat, cigarette smoking with absolutely terrible attitudes. The local kids can't get an order right and don't care.

          The non-locals who work at the Dunkies are sharp. They dress as well as they can afford. They are always working behind the counter. Very nice people and excellent service. The local slobs hate these foreigners. I watch them treat the immigrants like trash. The immigrants take it, make enough money to move on to a better job, and then they do so.

          So what is threat and to whom? If an immigrant wanted to take my job they'd have to be damn good at what they do. But if I'm working in a coffee shop and hate my life, maybe a foreigner might take my job.

          Stupid people are scared of immigrants. That's why Trump has made it his campaign centerpiece. Trump appeals to ignorance and fear.

          Zip
          665 - Neighbor of the Beast

          Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post
            Remember when Trump said there was a crisis at the border, and the leftists all said that was baloney?

            That tune changed remarkably fast. The left wants the voters, but the fallout from this influx is making them look so bad that its not worth it.

            https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...al-immigration
            Remember when Obama was POTUS and illegal border crossings where at an all time low.
            Pepperidge Farm remembers.

            Comment


            • #7
              I had thought that the most common crime in America would be something like speeding.

              __________________________________________________

              Is This Thing On?

              https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Zipperhead View Post
                We have two kinds of immigrants where I live. We have highly educated foreign-born who are doctors, engineers, etc. In spite of the fact that these newcomers have made many of the locals wealthy by improving their property values, they are still scorned because they are "not from here".

                We also have people not born in the US who have little or no education. I see them working at the Dunkin Donuts for example.

                At the Dunkies near my house there are people who are clearly from the area. There are a few nice old ladies who work there but the younger locals are the dregs. They are slobs. Fat, cigarette smoking with absolutely terrible attitudes. The local kids can't get an order right and don't care.

                The non-locals who work at the Dunkies are sharp. They dress as well as they can afford. They are always working behind the counter. Very nice people and excellent service. The local slobs hate these foreigners. I watch them treat the immigrants like trash. The immigrants take it, make enough money to move on to a better job, and then they do so.

                So what is threat and to whom? If an immigrant wanted to take my job they'd have to be damn good at what they do. But if I'm working in a coffee shop and hate my life, maybe a foreigner might take my job.

                Stupid people are scared of immigrants. That's why Trump has made it his campaign centerpiece. Trump appeals to ignorance and fear.

                Zip
                Are you calling me stupid?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Daehtihs View Post

                  Are you calling me stupid?
                  I was very careful not to. Don't be so insecure.


                  Zip
                  665 - Neighbor of the Beast

                  Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Zipperhead View Post

                    I was very careful not to. Don't be so insecure.


                    Zip
                    So now I'm insecure.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Because only fat lazy idiots care about illegal immigration, all the smart skinny people love it, is that what you're saying Zip?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Daehtihs View Post
                        Because only fat lazy idiots care about illegal immigration, all the smart skinny people love it, is that what you're saying Zip?
                        I didn't call you fat or lazy either.

                        Just curious. Answer if you like. Is your job threatened by foreigners?

                        Zip
                        665 - Neighbor of the Beast

                        Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Zipperhead View Post

                          I didn't call you fat or lazy either.

                          Just curious. Answer if you like. Is your job threatened by foreigners?

                          Zip
                          we have plenty of foreigners where I work but I'm in absolutely no danger of losing my job because they out work me, as most of them cant even make it to work on time let alone work hard.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by powbob01 View Post

                            Remember when Obama was POTUS and illegal border crossings where at an all time low.
                            Pepperidge Farm remembers.
                            Yes. During a bad economy there is much less incentive to come across. And how did Obama feel about a wall? Oh, here's what he thought:

                            BTW, you know how you can tell that a force of people headed for our border to enter illegally are an invasion force? They fly the flag of their home country. A person who wants asylum in the US, if thy fly a flag at all, flies a US flag.

                            EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If I saw armed men with artillery and air support I would definitely consider that an invasion.

                              hungry women and kids just don't promote the same reaction of fear, with me at least.
                              __________________________________________________

                              Is This Thing On?

                              https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X