Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

R.I.P. Peggy Lipton.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • R.I.P. Peggy Lipton.

    Loved The Mod Squad when I was a kid...had a huge crush on Julie.



    Guns Over People

    I pledge my allegiance to David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez!!!

  • #2
    I barely remember that show but I think pretty much every male alive at the time had a crush on her.

    I never watched “Twin Peaks” so I didn’t see her in that.

    72 is too young. Cancer sucks.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by guido61 View Post
      I barely remember that show but I think pretty much every male alive at the time had a crush on her.

      I never watched “Twin Peaks” so I didn’t see her in that.

      72 is too young. Cancer sucks.
      Then you haven’t lived!
      For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
      https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K


      My (old dead) band!:
      www.steelphantoms.com/
      PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes. 72 is too young. I saw Twin Peaks for the first time about 5 years ago, and it quickly rose to the upper echelon of my “favorite works of art ever.” We (the nerdy fans) were all so blessed that Peggy was in the new “season” on Showtime.

        My father passed away from bone marrow cancer at 71 in July last year. I was in San Diego on mother’s day last year because at this time, he was receiving a stem cell transplant. It was the final defense, the last option available, and if successful, it would end the disease. Two months later, his body had fought off the new cells. “Graft vs host” disease. His digestive system shut down, and there were zero medical options left.

        We’re having an official funeral for him next month, and my mom and I are both pretty freaked out right now. I keep on having nightmares where I get in fights with people. Weird.

        Back to Peggy Lipton: I didn’t even know she was in the Mod Squad!
        Last edited by arcadesonfire; 05-12-2019, 09:35 AM.
        For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
        https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K


        My (old dead) band!:
        www.steelphantoms.com/
        PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post
          Yes. 72 is too young. I saw Twin Peaks for the first time about 5 years ago, and it quickly rose to the upper echelon of my “favorite works of art ever.” We (the nerdy fans) were all so blessed that Peggy was in the new “season” on Showtime.

          My father passed away from bone marrow cancer at 71 in July last year. I was in San Diego on mother’s day last year because at this time, he was receiving a stem cell transplant. It was the final defense, the last option available, and if successful, it would end the disease. Two months later, his body had fought off the new cells. “Graft vs host” disease. His digestive system shut down, and there were zero medical options left.

          We’re having an official funeral for him next month, and my mom and I are both pretty freaked out right now. I keep on having nightmares where I get in fights with people. Weird.

          Back to Peggy Lipton: I didn’t even know she was in the Mod Squad!
          So sorry about your dad.
          Guns Over People

          I pledge my allegiance to David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Hoddy View Post

            So sorry about your dad.
            Thanks Hoddy. It's not easy.
            For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
            https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K


            My (old dead) band!:
            www.steelphantoms.com/
            PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

            Comment


            • #7
              Woah... I'm looking up Peggy Lipton articles, and wow... She's mother of Rashida Jones, the actress from The Office and other sitcoms. Lipton was married to Quincy Jones in the 70s. I never knew.
              For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
              https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K


              My (old dead) band!:
              www.steelphantoms.com/
              PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post
                Woah... I'm looking up Peggy Lipton articles, and wow... She's mother of Rashida Jones, the actress from The Office and other sitcoms. Lipton was married to Quincy Jones in the 70s. I never knew.
                That's actually the only reason I knew sho she was - I'm not old enough for "mod squad" and also not a Twin Peaks fan, but I've followed Quincy's life and career closely. Always wanted to work with the guy - on something, anything! - but never got the opportunity.
                Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

                -- Vaclav Havel

                The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

                -- Carl Sagan


                Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

                -- Joseph Brodsky

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post
                  Woah... I'm looking up Peggy Lipton articles, and wow... She's mother of Rashida Jones, the actress from The Office and other sitcoms. Lipton was married to Quincy Jones in the 70s. I never knew.
                  For those of us old enough to remember, she was cool to be on one of the first TV shows with an interracial cast, and then followed that up with being in one of the first high-profile interracial marriages.

                  Then she apparently set her career aside to raise her two daughters, both of whom seem to have done well for themselves in their own right, and then went back into acting.

                  Cool chick all the way around!
                  Last edited by Vito Corleone; 05-12-2019, 06:10 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by guido61 View Post

                    For those of us old enough to remember, she was cool to be on one of the first TV shows with an interracial cast, and then followed that up with being in one of the first high-profile interracial marriages.

                    Then she apparently set her career aside to raise her two daughters, both of whom seem to have done well for themselves in their own right, and then went back into acting.

                    Cool chick all the way around!
                    Oh my. I didn’t understand that about the Mod Squad’s place in history. I always assumed it was just making money off hippie fashion, not making any kind of inroads. Similarly, it had not struck me yet that an interracial marriage at that point would be outside the norm.
                    For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
                    https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K


                    My (old dead) band!:
                    www.steelphantoms.com/
                    PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post
                      Woah... I'm looking up Peggy Lipton articles, and wow... She's mother of Rashida Jones, the actress from The Office and other sitcoms. Lipton was married to Quincy Jones in the 70s. I never knew.
                      She also had a bit of a career as a singer post-Mod Squad.

                      While I do remember Mod Squad, and I did watch Twin Peaks (so I'm familiar with her return to acting there) when I think about Peggy, it's usually in connection with music, or with Q and their kids. She and Quincy both took a lot of crap for their marriage that they didn't deserve. Racism sux.

                      I was sad to hear she had passed away. Cancer sux too.

                      My condolences to the family, her friends and fans.

                      **********

                      "Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                      - George Carlin

                      "It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                      - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

                      "The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                      - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        One black

                        One white

                        One blonde

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X