No announcement yet.

Nadler, Barr, Contempt, Subpoena and "constitutional Crisis"

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nadler, Barr, Contempt, Subpoena and "constitutional Crisis"

A lot's been going on regarding Barr and the contempt stuff. I thought I'd just throw out some articles on the subject for discussion. Looks like Nadler's bluff got called on this.

Nadler says Mueller will not testify next week

Why Jerry Nadler’s ‘constitutional crisis’ talk is utter bull

Meadows: Jerry Nadler Is Going Crazy Because He Knows The Truth About Spygate Is Coming Out

Nadler’s right- we are in a Constitutional crisis

Nadler once called Holder contempt vote ‘shameful,’ now leads charge against Barr

The above articles are from various sources and contain both articles, ample links and even a couple of good historical videos. They all take the "the left is crazy" side of this, but its the strongest side right now with the most facts on its side so, there you go.
    EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

Not bothering to click on what I’ve learned from experience are going to be nothing but highly partisan opinion pieces, but I will say this about “constitutional crisis”

technically we are not to that point yet. That would be reached if the courts rule against Trump and he refused to comply with their ruling. To my knowledge, no president has ever taken things that far before. Even Nixon turned over the tapes.

But right now, this is largely a political game of chicken with each side using over the top rhetoric to try and influence public opinion towards their side.

Comment

If you can find somebody somewhere on the internet who writes about stuff saying that the left is crazy, you will post it for our consideration.

sooner or later you will come to understand that the confirmation bias articles that
      Delight you so much don't really have the same impact on others.

in the meantime let's shift gears and appreciate Paul Simon.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Translation of the OP: "A lot of my ass is being handed to me in the five other threads I started recently, so I'll start yet another one -- just as devoid of facts as most of the others."

In before the OP whines, "ad hominem".
        !

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post
          I thought I'd just throw out some articles on the subject for discussion.
          Yep, the usual MO. Throw crap at the wall, see what sticks.

IMO,YMMV,MOIWYW

Comment

Flooding can be fun

IMO
            http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

Comment

Originally posted by TheNord View Post

Yep, the usual MO. Throw crap at the wall, see what sticks.

IMO,YMMV,MOIWYW
              Actually, no. I think some actually would like to read that information. If you don't, well there are plenty of other threads. Have a nice day.
              EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

Comment

Originally posted by arf-boy View Post
                Translation of the OP: "A lot of my ass is being handed to me in the five other threads I started recently, so I'll start yet another one -- just as devoid of facts as most of the others."

In before the OP whines, "ad hominem".
                Yeah. That's it. ')

Actually, it's raining and I'm really getting into this today. It's a lot of fun so I'm still doing it.

Comment

I don't want to read any of those articles, can you post some videos that I can ignore instead?

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
                  For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
                  Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post
                    If you can find somebody somewhere on the internet who writes about stuff saying that the left is crazy, you will post it for our consideration.

sooner or later you will come to understand that the confirmation bias articles that
                    Delight you so much don't really have the same impact on others.

in the meantime let's shift gears and appreciate Paul Simon.

Nobody is forcing you to be in this thread. But thanks for the bump.

I get the feeling I'm starting to be the equivalent an Israeli posting on a Palestinian site. At least, MOSTLY Palestinian.

I'm actually just trying to expose any leftist lurkers here to the world outside their bubble.

Comment

I'm actually just trying to expose any leftist lurkers here to the world outside their bubble.
                      So then, by saying that you essentially admit that none of these posts are in good faith? You're not looking to engender genuine discussion, but rather to "expose leftists"?

There's another name for that behavior.

Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ant View Post

So then, by saying that you essentially admit that none of these posts are in good faith? You're not looking to engender genuine discussion, but rather to "expose leftists"?

There's another name for that behavior.
                        As much as I hate to defend EL, I don’t think that’s what he was saying.

He said he wants to expose leftists to his point of view.

apparently he believes they are unaware of it and it is his job to enlighten them.
                        Last edited by Vito Corleone; 05-10-2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Nobody is forcing you to be in this thread. But thanks for the bump.

people who express an appreciation for even negative attention puzzle me. It takes all kinds I guess.

I get the feeling I'm starting to be the equivalent an Israeli posting on a Palestinian site. At least, MOSTLY Palestinian.
                          your penchant for inappropriate and misleading comparisons is actually rather charming.
                          👍

it's ironic that you say that because what you are doing in effect (via your penchant for posting YouTube videos and confirmation bias opinion blogs) is saying; please look at my bubble, please appreciate my bubble!
                          😏

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

My bubble is bubblier than your bubble.
                            !

Comment

Someone save me the trouble:

Are any of these actually ‘articles?’

Comment

Working...
                              X