No announcement yet.

Trump's withdrawal from the Iran nuclear deal has been vindicated

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's withdrawal from the Iran nuclear deal has been vindicated

Well, this is weird. Apparently NBC is trying to quietly distance itself from the MSM

I won't bother to excerpt. The link works.
    EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

It's good that the sanctions seem to be working out, I just feel bad for regular people of Iran suffering under their theocracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Daehtihs View Post
      It's good that the sanctions seem to be working out, I just feel bad for regular people of Iran suffering under their theocracy.
      Exactly. This speaks to a very real issue that is on the minds of most Americans on the right and probably some on the left. A people is responsible for what they let their leaders do. When they do stupid stuff, we all suffer.
      EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post

Exactly. This speaks to a very real issue that is on the minds of most Americans on the right and probably some on the left. A people is responsible for what they let their leaders do. When they do stupid stuff, we all suffer.
        Wasn't Iran once a very modern open free society? Islam is a political ideology before its a religion, something we should be very wary of in the west.

Comment

Wasn't Iran once a very modern open free society? Islam is a political ideology before its a religion, something we should be very wary of in the west.
          Yes, the Shaw was ruthless, kinda like Qaddafi, but he kept things otherwise sane. In the Muslim neck of the woods, they literally need an iron handed leader to keep the Muslims in check. They poison everything they touch and have done so for centuries.

Comment

There was nothing sane about how the Shaw ruled.
            Don't spread such talk here.
            To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Originally posted by -NPC-;n32500008

Trump is not creepy. He is lovable and charming.

Comment

Agreed, much as I was saying in the "Whats wrong with Iran" thread.

And while Iran under the Pahlavis was nothing like a "free" society, it was a great deal freer than the Islamic Republic, and far better for the majority of the rank-and-file Iranian populace, as well as the region at large.

Theocracy is no way to run a society, and the Islamic Republic is a partucularly odious example thereof.
              Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

Yes, the Shaw was ruthless, kinda like Qaddafi, but he kept things otherwise sane. In the Muslim neck of the woods, they literally need an iron handed leader to keep the Muslims in check. They poison everything they touch and have done so for centuries.
                Our senator Omar cant seen to make one year without pissing half the country off. Islam has proven itself over and over to be completely incompatible with the west. Imo it is at best pathalogic altruism, at worst suicidal for the leaders of the west to allow them immigrate to western countries. From terrorism to grooming and rape gangs to no-go zones and sharia courts they are here to take over and nothing else.

Comment

Which Shaw are we speaking of?

Comment

Pot smoking Rick Steves describes Iranians as more like Europeans than Arabs. They should be a natural ally of ours but it's been so fricked up that nothing is as it should be.

George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
                    Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Rick?

George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
                      Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Shaw 'nuff!!

of course the elephant in the room regarding the US bailing on the Iran deal is levels of enrichment of uranium.

It takes 90% plus enrichment to produce bomb material, but the deal only allowed something like 3% enrichment, elimination of most of their centrifuges and regular inspections for confirmation by the iaea.

I would just like to ask a conservative friends how much quicker Iran can produce a bomb now, when they are no longer under the constraints of the international deal or subject to the verification of international atomic energy agency inspectors, compared to the time frame for a successful nuclear weapons program minus those constraints?

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Our senator Omar cant seen to make one year without pissing half the country off. Islam has proven itself over and over to be completely incompatible with the west. Imo it is at best pathalogic altruism, at worst suicidal for the leaders of the west to allow them immigrate to western countries. From terrorism to grooming and rape gangs to no-go zones and sharia courts they are here to take over and nothing else.
                          She'll be gone in 2020, almost guaranteed. There is a significant muslim faction there, but I have a feeling the sane people will get off their butts and vote this time and a lot of "inclusive" leftists will have seen the error of their ways as well. I suspect the same thing will happen with AOC, and her "win" in 2018 may give them the first Republican representative, or at least a more moderate and qualified democrat.
                          Last edited by Easy Listener; 05-10-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
                            Pot smoking Rick Steves describes Iranians as more like Europeans than Arabs. They should be a natural ally of ours but it's been so fricked up that nothing is as it should be.
                            Well, they are Aryan.

Comment

She'll be gone in 2020, almost guaranteed. There is a significant muslim faction there, but I have a feeling the sane people will get off their butts and vote this time and a lot of "inclusive" leftists will have seen the error of their ways as well. I suspect the same thing will happen with AOC, and her "win" in 2018 may give them the first Republican representative, or at least a more moderate and qualified democrat.
                              They haven't with Kieth Ellison, he's now the AG there, man Minnesotans must be as stupid as their Swedish counterparts.

Comment

Working...
                              X