Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

An important view into the thinking of moderates and conservatives regarding Obstruction

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post

    Two things:
    1. I am not logged on 24/7 as some here seem to be and did not see the request.
    2. I just saw the first request and I consider it unreasonable. This is not journalism class. I gave a link for the core claim.

    My post stands. Do what you must if you must. I've reached my tolerance level on this links for minutia stuff.
    Are you sure it's that you don't want to substantiate the claims, or could it be that you can't substantiate the claims?

    How exactly does the link you gave support your claims?

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post

      How could we elevate ourselves to your level of debate if we can't even pass Journalism 101?? Hehe, just kidding.

      It doesn't take a lot of effort delineate between objective and subjective. Simply say, "It seems to me that most of us thought..." or "of the people on my side who I've read or listened to, most of us thought..."

      Using more specificity in one's statements tends to make them less questionable, because broad assumptions are removed; openly recognizing and delineating between subjective and objective lends to credibility.

      Though... beware, that's the type of "critical thinking" mumbo jumbo I learned at a liberal arts college. hehehe
      I changed it. You'll notice everywhere else, though, I already said, "many". I just accidentally said "most". This is why I used the "journalism class" comment.

      I'm not long for this site. I've pretty much reached my limit on the badgering over crap that well paid journalists are doing all over the place. And no, I'm not going to give a link to that. It's all my opinion because I've laughed at it with other posters for the last decade - or two. This is a FORUM, not a news site. Nothing any of us says should rise to the level of post graduate journalism standards. That's not its function.

      I can only assume HC is trying to discourage people from posting - or posting anything of substance unless they have unlimited time at their disposal.

      I'm also getting spoiled by Dissenter. Truth be told, that might be the real reason my patience is wearing thin. But it is SO much fun to troll leftists by the mere act of posting factual articles, and watch their heads explode.
      EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post
        I've pretty much reached my limit on the badgering over crap that well paid journalists are doing all over the place. And no, I'm not going to give a link to that. It's all my opinion because I've laughed at it with other posters for the last decade - or two.
        I'm curious what your user name was on Harmony Central forums for the last decade - or two.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by wasgtrjones View Post

          Are you sure it's that you don't want to substantiate the claims, or could it be that you can't substantiate the claims?
          Stay out of it please... I'm addressing it. It's not your place to do so.

          **********

          "Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
          - George Carlin

          "It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
          - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

          "The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
          - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Zooey View Post

            I'm curious what your user name was on Harmony Central forums for the last decade - or two.
            I'm talking about other sites, not this one. We talk about what goes on here. I enjoy linking some of the leftist responses on those sites, though now it's mainly just dissenter.
            EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post

              I changed it. You'll notice everywhere else, though, I already said, "many". I just accidentally said "most". This is why I used the "journalism class" comment.

              I'm not long for this site. I've pretty much reached my limit on the badgering over crap that well paid journalists are doing all over the place. And no, I'm not going to give a link to that. It's all my opinion because I've laughed at it with other posters for the last decade - or two. This is a FORUM, not a news site. Nothing any of us says should rise to the level of post graduate journalism standards. That's not its function.

              I can only assume HC is trying to discourage people from posting - or posting anything of substance unless they have unlimited time at their disposal.

              I'm also getting spoiled by Dissenter. Truth be told, that might be the real reason my patience is wearing thin. But it is SO much fun to troll leftists by the mere act of posting factual articles, and watch their heads explode.
              Lol. The fantasy world you live in is rather hilarious.

              What ACTUALLY happens is you post opinion pieces and YouTube videos that are routinely ignored.

              That THIS is how you perceive it inside your head?

              thanks for the laughs, dood.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post

                I changed it. You'll notice everywhere else, though, I already said, "many". I just accidentally said "most". This is why I used the "journalism class" comment.

                I'm not long for this site. I've pretty much reached my limit on the badgering over crap that well paid journalists are doing all over the place. And no, I'm not going to give a link to that. It's all my opinion because I've laughed at it with other posters for the last decade - or two. This is a FORUM, not a news site. Nothing any of us says should rise to the level of post graduate journalism standards. That's not its function.

                I can only assume HC is trying to discourage people from posting - or posting anything of substance unless they have unlimited time at their disposal.


                You can get around this very easily - all you have to do is to post and state things as your OPINION and quit trying to make factual claims unless you're willing to substantiate them when you get asked to.



                **********

                "Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                - George Carlin

                "It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

                "The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by wasgtrjones View Post

                  How exactly does the link you gave support your claims?
                  It's easy. Go to the third line in the fourth paragraph after the ad about Depends. Of course, they are targeted ads so you may see a different ad.
                  EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    The funniest thing about this thread?

                    "Moderates" have nothing to do with today's "conservatives". See the title of the OP.

                    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X