Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

An important view into the thinking of moderates and conservatives regarding Obstruction

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-money
    replied
    Here's my issue with the whole Trump/Russia thing.

If Obama had setup meetings with Russians prior to becoming POTUS, Republican heads would have exploded.
    If Obama's people had tried to setup a back-channel hotline with Russia prior to being sworn in, Republicans would have screamed bloody murder.
    If Obama had publicly invited the Russians to hack McCain or Romney's email, Republicans would have tarred and feathered him.
    If Obama had a long history of doing business and getting loans from Russian oligarchs, Republicans would want it thoroughly investigated.
    If Obama hadn't released his taxes while running for President because they showed a lot of income tied to Russia, Republicans would be outraged.
    If several of Obama's staff lied about meetings with Russian officials, it would be headline news on Fox every night.
    If Obama had met privately with Vladimir Putin with only his translator, Republicans would swear he was selling our country to the Reds.
    If, after all of our Intelligence organizations had determined that Russia tried heavily to influence our election, Obama denied the fact, Republicans would be starting the impeachment process.

But it's fine when their guy does all of this.

Leave a comment:

• Hoot Owl
    replied
    Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post

You can lead a horse to water.

He was trying to make a point that you would not allow yourself to be exposed to. Don't be afraid of the other side.

Thing is, we now know that Trump was innocent, and the crime was terrible. The analogy was great.
    Yeah, Trump is innocent in the way the OJ is innocent. He got off because Mueller didn't have a link between working with Kalimnik and Russian campaign meddling. When you think about it, how could he make that link? Pretty hard to interview Russians in the Kremlin.

Dirty president, in more ways than one.

Leave a comment:

• erok123
    replied

That post reveals more than you may want it to reveal. Just sayin'.
    Look who's talking.

Leave a comment:

• Easy Listener
    replied
    Originally posted by erok123 View Post

I already understand. It doesn't matter if trump is a traitor and criminal. He's your traitor and criminal. That's all that really matters. Imo
    That post reveals more than you may want it to reveal. Just sayin'.

Leave a comment:

• E-money
    replied

I saw that but decided to leave it so that the post is not shown to be edited.
    I see, you were going for that raw, live in concert feel to your post.
    I like it.

Leave a comment:

• Vito Corleone
    replied

He doesn't seem that loud.

But that was argumentum ad-hominem. What do you think of the points he's making and why?
    I think people who sit in front of a camera and blah blah their opinion and post it on YouTube have no desire to discuss, debate or defend their points. They just wish to pontificate.

Perhaps he could come here and present his views himself if he wishes to discuss them with members of this forum?

the flaw with you posting these videos in the manner you do is that by asking us to discuss the points, you are forcing us to consider his mindset and motivations which we cannot know because he isn’t here to tell us. And then when someone tries to surmise them, you cry “ad hominem”.

This is why it would be so much better for you to simply post your own views rather than someone else’s and state “I agree”.
    Last edited by Vito Corleone; 05-10-2019, 08:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• erok123
    replied

Those who would sincerely want to understand why all these crazy conservatives were coming to Trump's defense on the Mueller report.
    I already understand. It doesn't matter if trump is a traitor and criminal. He's your traitor and criminal. That's all that really matters. Imo

Leave a comment:

• Easy Listener
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
    Why do some people sit at home and watch these loud mouthed, opinionated blow hard videos?

Everyone has an opinion.

"Important to who" is right.
    He doesn't seem that loud.

But that was argumentum ad-hominem. What do you think of the points he's making and why?

Leave a comment:

• Red Ant
    replied

Why?
    Possibly because the title is misleading?

a more accurate title would be " one person's view of blah blah blah that aligns with mine". The title as it stands claims to speak for a rather large group of people, as if the opinions thereof are monolithic. They aren't - there's a huge diversity of opinion within "moderates and conservatives", and this is just one of them. It certainly doesn't represent my take on things in the least, and I'm of the group you and the guy in the video purport to represent.
    Last edited by Red Ant; 05-10-2019, 08:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Easy Listener
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
    Started watching it.
    At 0:40, "the innocent man accused of a terrible crime". I can see where this is going. Next thread.

Edit admission: Okay, watched to 20. Such BS.
    You can lead a horse to water.

He was trying to make a point that you would not allow yourself to be exposed to. Don't be afraid of the other side.

Thing is, we now know that Trump was innocent, and the crime was terrible. The analogy was great.

Leave a comment:

• wasgtrjones
    replied

I said "...he lays out not only why he (and I) believes what he does, from a raw cultural level..."

That is, you now know how most of us that supported Trump in this thing felt about it, and how we felt about the obstruction claims. You are getting a real view at a fairly detailed level of what many of us saw in that whole thing.

The person does not need credentials. His whole rant is opinion. And an opinion shared by many who don't share the views of the left.

You see, many of us see this as exactly what he implies, that trump was framed for a crime he didn't commit. And the rest shakes out from there.

And there is LOTS of evidence supporting that viewpoint. This is what Barr is now investigating.

FBI lied: Contrary to testimony, they knew the Steele dossier was fake BEFORE using it to get FISA warrants
    another opinion piece, that sources yet another opinion piece, is not 'evidence'. And you're conveniently ignoring the facts that the dossier was not the sole reason the warrants were granted.

Leave a comment:

• Easy Listener
    replied
    Originally posted by fretmess View Post

Y?
    Sometimes things are better left as is, even with minor flaws. That's why some clubs don't like studio recordings of bands for demo, but prefer recordings of live performances. They like to see how they do when they can't go back and edit the errors. You get the real deal.

Leave a comment:

• Easy Listener
    replied
    Originally posted by erok123 View Post
    Important to who?
    Those who would sincerely want to understand why all these crazy conservatives were coming to Trump's defense on the Mueller report.

Leave a comment:

• Easy Listener
    replied
    Originally posted by wasgtrjones View Post
    The whole basis of this person's rant is a giant strawman. "Pretend you've been framed for a crime you didn't commit."

And once again, who is this person, what are their credentials, WHY should I care what HIS opinion about anything is? Apparently I should care only because his opinion matches yours?
    I said "...he lays out not only why he (and I) believes what he does, from a raw cultural level..."

That is, you now know how many of us that supported Trump in this thing felt about it, and how we felt about the obstruction claims. You are getting a real view at a fairly detailed level of what many of us saw in that whole thing.

The person does not need credentials. His whole rant is opinion. And an opinion shared by many who don't share the views of the left.

You see, many of us see this as exactly what he implies, that trump was framed for a crime he didn't commit. And the rest shakes out from there.

And there is LOTS of evidence supporting that viewpoint. This is what Barr is now investigating.

FBI lied: Contrary to testimony, they knew the Steele dossier was fake BEFORE using it to get FISA warrants

Edit: Change "most" to "many", though I believe it is "most".
    Last edited by Easy Listener; 05-14-2019, 01:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fretmess
    replied

I saw that but decided to leave it so that the post is not shown to be edited.
    Y?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X