Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

An important view into the thinking of moderates and conservatives regarding Obstruction

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Listener
    replied
    Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

"It quite literally violates our since of justice at a core level."

Should be:

"It quite literally violates our sense of justice at a core level."

You're welcome.
    Thank you. As I mentioned before, I saw it and left it. I don't like it when my posts have a "last edited" date and chose to leave it be.

Leave a comment:

• Phil O'Keefe
    replied
    Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post

Why?
    "It quite literally violates our since of justice at a core level."

Should be:

"It quite literally violates our sense of justice at a core level."

You're welcome.

Leave a comment:

• Easy Listener
    replied
    Originally posted by Red Ant View Post

Objectivity and partisanship are not friends.
    I strongly agree. It's why I'm an independent. It's why I relate to the video in the OP. As he points out, this is not about trump to many of us. We put ourselves in his shoes and are repulsed by what is happening and what happened. It's not about him. It is about the utter injustice of the whole thing. Only those that are partisan seem to completely miss that aspect because they are so overcome by TDS.

This is not Trump supporters vs justice. It is not trump supporters vs trump detractors. It is about supporters of justice vs those with TDS.

It reminds me of the Kavanaugh hearing. I was NO fan of Kavanaugh and still am not. But the higher principle was watching a complete railroading of a fellow citizen of the US and wanting to see it stopped in its tracks (it was). I became a strong opponent of what was being done to another man, regardless of who that man is. And, truth be told, I think this may be what is going on with Barr regarding Trump.

In a civilized society we should rise above this kind of crap.
    Last edited by Easy Listener; 05-10-2019, 12:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Red Ant
    replied

I don't think I'm the pinnacle of objectivity, just a heck of a lot more objective than leftists. I've seen them ride their own Titanics to the depths. I've watched them make ludicrous claims that not only can't be supported but can easily be disproven with words or actions. The first one that I'll never forget was the Zimmerman/Martin case. It was amazing. Hands up, don't shoot was another one. Comical.

So no, I'm not 100% objective. Nobody is. I'm just a lot more objective than those with TDS.
    Objectivity and partisanship are not friends.

Leave a comment:

• Easy Listener
    replied
    Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post

Of course you think that. You couldn't possibly see yourself as being anything other than objective (even if the matter is examining someone's facial expressions during testimony), and you couldn't possibly see any critique of Trump's executive actions as worthy.
    I don't think I'm the pinnacle of objectivity, just a heck of a lot more objective than leftists. I've seen them ride their own Titanics to the depths. I've watched them make ludicrous claims that not only can't be supported but can easily be disproven with words or actions. The first one that I'll never forget was the Zimmerman/Martin case. It was amazing. Hands up, don't shoot was another one. Comical.

So no, I'm not 100% objective. Nobody is. I'm just a lot more objective than those with TDS.

Leave a comment:

• Easy Listener
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post

An incredibly telling admission on your part.

Make of it what you will.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Hicks
    replied

I didn't consider it an ethical decision.

An incredibly telling admission on your part.

I didn't think he should have done it. But, that said, if it was him rather than Barr that was handling this now, the left would be whining even more. So I think he was right to recuse himself. But I don't see it as an ethical decision. I see it as a good political decision.

Now, if it had turned out that there was any kind of case against trump, it would have made his decision to recuse himself an ethical one.

Leave a comment:

• arcadesonfire
    replied

Personally, I see each situation as standing or falling on its own merits. I was a big fan of Nixon but he was rightly nailed and needed to go. I actually played the "what if he were Hubert Humphrey" game in my head. i.e. imagine Humphrey did this. It made the decision easy.

I do the same thing now. I agreed with my conservative friends on some attacks on Obama, and disagreed on others. What makes this one easy is the results of the Mueller investigation. When you don't accept the results, you are doing it wrong.
    Of course you think that. You couldn't possibly see yourself as being anything other than objective (even if the matter is examining someone's facial expressions during testimony), and you couldn't possibly see any critique of Trump's executive actions as worthy.

Leave a comment:

• Easy Listener
    replied

There's really no point trying to explain to you the humor of Jeff sessions being ethical by recusing himself.
    I didn't consider it an ethical decision. I didn't think he should have done it. But, that said, if it was him rather than Barr that was handling this now, the left would be whining even more. So I think he was right to recuse himself. But I don't see it as an ethical decision. I see it as a good political decision.

Now, if it had turned out that there was any kind of case against trump, it would have made his decision to recuse himself an ethical one.
    Last edited by Easy Listener; 05-10-2019, 11:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Hicks
    replied

He was part of the campaign that was being investigated. Barr wasn't.
    There's really no point trying to explain to you the humor of Jeff sessions being ethical by recusing himself.

Leave a comment:

• Easy Listener
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
    But now we know about a Barr/Russian connection.
    No we don't.

Leave a comment:

• Hoot Owl
    replied

But now we know about a Barr/Russian connection. This just makes things more interesting. Now it will have to be parsed out. God, bring back no-drama Obama.

Leave a comment:

• Easy Listener
    replied

Let us remember that sessions actually recused himself.

it's more than just a little bit ironic that the passage of time should make Jeff Sessions look like the moral and ethical one in the Trump gang.
    😀

Leave a comment:

• Tom Hicks
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
    Yep. Sure looks that way. That's why Trump was moaning about Sessions' not protecting him. "Where's my Roy Cohn" and all that crap. Anyone who laments not having a Roy Cohn by their side, they're a loser.
    Let us remember that sessions actually recused himself.

it's more than just a little bit ironic that the passage of time should make Jeff Sessions look like the moral and ethical one in the Trump gang.
    😀

Leave a comment:

• wasgtrjones
    replied

I said "...he lays out not only why he (and I) believes what he does, from a raw cultural level..."

That is, you now know how most of us that supported Trump in this thing felt about it, and how we felt about the obstruction claims. You are getting a real view at a fairly detailed level of what many of us saw in that whole thing.

The person does not need credentials. His whole rant is opinion. And an opinion shared by many who don't share the views of the left.

You see, many of us see this as exactly what he implies, that trump was framed for a crime he didn't commit. And the rest shakes out from there.

And there is LOTS of evidence supporting that viewpoint. This is what Barr is now investigating.

FBI lied: Contrary to testimony, they knew the Steele dossier was fake BEFORE using it to get FISA warrants
    links, please, supporting your statements that "most of us that supported Trump... felt about the obstruction claims" and "many of us see this as... Trump was framed for a crime he didn't commit."

finding an opinion blogger on YouTube that agrees with you does not mean that 'most of us...' agree.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X