No announcement yet.

After the Boomers Are Gone, the Bloodshed Begins

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the Boomers Are Gone, the Bloodshed Begins

Some here seem to glory in their belief that folks like me are simply wrong and we are gonna lose the cultural battle. What I find interesting is that I agree with them and make it pretty clear. I've said on numerous occasions that Trump will not be president forever, and will be replaced by a deep state representative, be they democrat or republican. At that point it becomes business as usual. And business as usual was sending us off a cliff. I see our nation, with Trump at the helm, as the guy that was able to just able to grab the edge of the cliff to keep from going off into oblivion. And we got that grasp in November of 2016. The day Trump is gone, that grasp will be released, and off we go.

Where will we go? Destruction. The only real question is, how soon.

And it's not just Trump and the US. It is Brexit (and the rise of conservative leaders) and western civilization. It will all revert to business as usual.

And it actually speaks to something that used to get passed around way back in the 1970's, and turns out to be amazingly lucid as events have transpired over the last 50 years:

The 8 stages of the worlds great civilizations:
    http://blog.adw.org/2016/10/eight-st...civilizations/

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/108...-of-government

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
    From spiritual faith to great courage;
    From courage to liberty;
    From liberty to abundance;
    From abundance to selfishness;
    From selfishness to apathy;
    From apathy to dependence;
    From dependence back into bondage.”

But I started this thread because the article in the title nails this better and in more detail than I can or am willing to do. No need to re-invent the wheel so I simply offer it here:

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/05/after_the_boomers_are_gone_the_bloodshed_begins.ht ml

It is from one of my favorite sites.
    Last edited by Easy Listener; 05-10-2019, 10:11 AM.
    EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

The coming Civil War!
    Last edited by Vito Corleone; 05-08-2019, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post
      The coming Civil War!
      It's the political equivalent of the coming Armageddon.

both beliefs are less rational and more faith-based.

however I am now prepared to tell what part I played at the Battle of Bowling Green.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

The coming Civil War!
        I'm not calling you stupid, but I will say that that is a stupid response. Of course, we all do stupid things from time to time. Even me.
        EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post

however I am now prepared to tell what part I played at the Battle of Bowling Green.
          Pretty much.

I'm sure someone must have written something about what seems to be a human instinct to believe we are living in the End of Days. Every generation believes they are somehow the Last.

If I run across such an article, I'll copy and paste it and start a thread about it perhaps.

Comment

Pretty much.

I'm sure someone must have written something about what seems to be a human instinct to believe we are living in the End of Days. Every generation believes they are somehow the Last.

If I run across such an article, I'll copy and paste it and start a thread about it perhaps.
            Yup.

True Believers are so sure. Mostly because they want to be.

Is This Thing On?

Comment

Actually, it appears you did not read the article.

Comment

You wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post

Actually, it appears you did not read the article.
                  Prudence dictates maintaining a safe distance from the propaganda you typically post; YouTube videos and confirmation bias opinion blogs.

the frequency of your propaganda efforts suggest to me you might be frustrated when people don't take the bait.

Deal with it.

Is This Thing On?

Comment

Does this happen before or after Obama loses in 2012 and gets dragged from the WH in handcuffs for refusing to leave?
                    For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
                    https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K

My (old dead) band!:
                    www.steelphantoms.com/
                    PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

Prudence dictates maintaining a safe distance from the propaganda you typically post; YouTube videos and confirmation bias opinion blogs.

the frequency of your propaganda efforts suggest to me you might be frustrated when people don't take the bait.

Deal with it.
                      Ha. When I posted the opening and closing paragraphs of Mueller's obstruction report this week, Easy Listener called my post "bait." He won't read conclusions of important government documents, but he thinks Youtube opinion videos should be shared and trusted.
                      Last edited by arcadesonfire; 05-08-2019, 09:57 AM.
                      For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
                      https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K

My (old dead) band!:
                      www.steelphantoms.com/
                      PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

Deal with it.
                        Ad-hominem against the sources, without actually naming any. Nice one.

Comment

Deal with it.
                          Oh, I am. I'm having a blast!

Comment

I heard the Civil War was going to start when Obama refused to step down after eight years.

Liberals: Life is unfair. Let's work together to mitigate that.
                            Conservatives: Life is unfair. Let's work together to exploit that.

Ed phobes fathered my child, the child which is music within me, suckling on his talented teet. His new CD is the breast pump which collects his sweet, sweet boob milk for all the world. Bravo Ed, Bravo!
                            - MXR

https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

...suggest to me you might be frustrated when people don't take the bait.
                              Incorrect inference. Rather, I'm ensuring that they have been given ample opportunity to avail themselves to information from both sides, leaving them without excuse.

By "them", I mean those firmly ensconced in the Echo Chamber of leftism. But not everyone here is of that ilk.

Comment

Working...
                              X