James Comey is in trouble and he knows it

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Comey is in trouble and he knows it

The article: James Comey is in trouble and he knows it

We have been skimming or dancing around this issue since the Barr testimony, but I think it's time we bring it up on the table in front of God and everybody. There are still ripples being felt in leftist circles regarding the final results of the Mueller report, but we've been focusing on the whining and antics of the leftist elected officials and all their threats, while ignoring what Barr said, and is authorized to do, in broad daylight while all the irrelevant hand wringing is getting all the press.

So, the article above is a good primer on what may start displacing the news of the day, and may soon saturate our news cycles. It is a good primer because it cuts to the chase and is not too long.

An excerpt to prime the pump:
    James Comey’s planet is getting noticeably warmer. Attorney General William Barr’s emissions are the suspected cause.

Barr has made plain that he intends to examine carefully how and why Comey, as FBI director, decided that the bureau should investigate two presidential campaigns and if, in so doing, any rules or laws were broken.

In light of this, the fired former FBI director apparently has decided that photos of him on Twitter standing amid tall trees and in the middle of empty country roads, acting all metaphysical, is no longer a sufficient strategy.

No, Comey has realized, probably too late, that he has to try to counter, more directly, the narrative being set by the unsparing attorney general whose words in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee last week landed in the Trump-opposition world like holy water on Linda Blair. Shrieking heads haven’t stopped spinning since.
    EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

I’m sure Comey is petrified.

Flag a Post
    The Report has been sent.
    [OK]

Comment

Originally posted by willhaven View Post
      I'm not sure I agree with that, but you are entitled to your opinion. I do think the title of the article may be closer to the truth than your post is.
      EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

Comment

This will be bigger than the 7 Benghazi probes.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
        For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
        Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

Originally posted by willhaven View Post

Anything to shift from the Mueller report to the investigate the investigators narrative.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post

Anything to shift from the Mueller report to the investigate the investigators narrative.
            Actually, no. I just started this thread on that exact subject. Enjoy: https://www.harmonycentral.com/forum...robert-mueller

But your deflection and projection (deflecting by accusing me of deflection) are duly noted.
            Last edited by Easy Listener; 05-07-2019, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post

Actually, no. I just started this thread on that exact subject. Enjoy: https://www.harmonycentral.com/forum...robert-mueller

But your deflection and projection (deflecting by accusing me of deflection) are duly noted.
              don't be so defensive.

you and Trump both seem a little upset at the idea of Mueller's coming testimony.

of course it's a given that Comey has been on the target list for right-wingers ever since he failed to indict Hillary Clinton.

I'm just curious what the Mueller report has to say about Comey, if anything.

Is This Thing On?

Comment

Absolutely shameless.
                Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.

Comment

don't be so defensive.

you and Trump both seem a little upset at the idea of Mueller's coming testimony.

Defensive. Hardly. I was pointing it out.

Now, if you are feeling especially defensive due to the article I posted, I would understand, but don't project that onto me. I'm having fun with this!
                  Last edited by Easy Listener; 05-07-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

of course it's a given that Comey has been on the target list for right-wingers ever since he failed to indict Hillary Clinton.

I'm just curious what the Mueller report has to say about Comey, if anything.
                    Target, yes. And before that he was the target of the left. https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...510-story.html

But as I've pointed out here numerous times. This was merely a thing being held back by the Mueller investigation, which is now completed. And Trump hired a pit bull in Barr to do the work. It is no longer a mere threat of future action. The future is here. Like I said in anther thread, I need more popcorn and IPA. It's gonna be a fun 18 months!

And I wonder if Hillary is a bit nervous.
                    Last edited by Easy Listener; 05-07-2019, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Defensive. Hardly. I was pointing it out.
                      clearly looks that way to me. But I'll let the other readers of this thread make up their own minds.

Now, if you are feeling especially defensive due to the article I posted, I would understand, but don't project that onto me. I'm having fun with this!
                      the confirmation bias of the things you post are not particularly threatening.

on the other hand the comments by Donald Trump suggests that he feels quite threatened by Robert Mueller's testifying.

let's play your look over there game. Go ahead and make your case that Comey did something wrong.

my suspicion is that all you've got is YouTube videos and hyperbolic opinion blogs.

Surprise me with your most compelling anti-Comey evidence.

Is This Thing On?

Comment

clearly looks that way to me. But I'll let the other readers of this thread make up their own minds.
                        Which is why I made my follow up post.
                        the confirmation bias of the things you post are not particularly threatening.
                        So, that's how you see it? Make of it what you will.
                        on the other hand the comments by Donald Trump suggests that he feels quite threatened by Robert Mueller's testifying.
                        The master troll has trolled.
                        let's play your look over there game. Go ahead and make your case that Comey did something wrong.

my suspicion is that all you've got is YouTube videos and hyperbolic opinion blogs.

Surprise me with your most compelling anti-Comey evidence.
                        I'm leaving that to Barr. Let us not get ahead of ourselves, shal we?

Comment

Barr has made plain that he intends to examine carefully how and why Comey, as FBI director, decided that the bureau should investigate two presidential campaigns and if, in so doing, any rules or laws were broken.
                          Two campaigns, how interesting. But somehow only one of them was handled in a way that actually influenced votes.

Now that we have the Mueller report, does anyone believe there was no probable cause to investigate the two campaigns at the time?
                          Last edited by Zooey; 05-07-2019, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zooey View Post

Two campaigns, how interesting. But somehow only one of them was handled in a way that actually influenced votes.
                            What makes you say that?
                            Now that we have the Mueller report, does anyone believe there was no probable cause to investigate the two campaigns at the time?
                            Yes. It does look like some shady stuff was going on, regarding both campaigns and the FBI's involvement.

Comment

What makes you say that?
                              Because although an apparent investigation into the Trump campaign's possible ties to Russia started in July 2016, the public didn't hear anything about it until 2017.

Comment

Working...
                              X