Union is what union does

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Union is what union does

Organize

Dems just don't get it. This is not the stuff of contenders. It's the stuff of contentious. Legislating employers and employees for the good of the unions alone? Unions that bargain with strong arm tactics like striking to paralyze an employer need to open their eyes and take a look around the manufacturing landscape for a clue or two. Those days are over by virtue of an available global market of cheap labor. While I agree that their original purpose (ensuring work place safety) is still valid, OSHA, state and local guidelines have the reins now, not to mention the ever-prying eyes of the blood-thirsty personal injury attorneys creating victims as they need them. Point being, unions need to vanish and let the right-to-work aspect of a free market economy compete for workers. I despise unions and their pocketing of politicians.

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...nion-wish-list
    - The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it. - H.L. Mencken

Citizens and Residents Of The United States and U.S Persons - USA PATRIOT Act Notice: You are hereby notified that under the provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act, you may be placed under electronic surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site by intelligence or law enforcement agencies at any time or for any purpose for which they may deem fit, without your knowledge or permission and without the order or supervision of any court of law. As the provisions of the Act strictly prohibit, with fines and imprisonment, the managers of this site from disclosing such surveillance should it become known to us, you should assume that you are under surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site, electronic mail or any other form of electronic communication related thereto.

Joe Biden just got the endorsement of the firefighters Union. Donald Trump is reportedly not happy. Perhaps he is now worried about erosion in that blue collar portion of his base.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post
      Joe Biden just got the endorsement of the firefighters Union. Donald Trump is reportedly not happy. Perhaps he is now worried about erosion in that blue collar portion of his base.
      Voting for Trump again will be like going to see a comedian who tells all the same jokes he told last time you saw him.

I dont think his campaign schtick is going to play as well for a lot of people second time around.
      Last edited by Vito Corleone; 05-04-2019, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post
        Trump's union support has come from private-sector unions.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunno View Post
          Organize

Dems just don't get it.
          WE THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES

IN ORDER TO FORM A MORE PERFECT UNION ....

( those guys GET it !! )

__________-------------------------------------__________________________---------------
          "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." ---Albert Einstein

What is more liberal than this ?? )
          We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union ...

Comment

Originally posted by RKW View Post

Trump's union support has come from private-sector unions.
            I thought he only got the police and border patrol unions in 2016....?
            Lease this space!

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Voting for Trump again will be like going to see a comedian who tells all the same jokes he told last time you saw him.

I dont think his campaign schtick is going to play as well for a lot of people second time around.
              Unions have consistently talked about free trade, imports & illegal immigration being their enemies. trumps strong rhetoric was no less than what they've been saying in the past. Maybe trump has tried to tackle the problems a little too straight forward & using the wrong"methods", He did what they wanted & maybe they now see that there is a bit more complexity than they also thought.
              ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
              Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunno View Post
                Organize

Dems just don't get it. This is not the stuff of contenders. It's the stuff of contentious. Legislating employers and employees for the good of the unions alone? Unions that bargain with strong arm tactics like striking to paralyze an employer need to open their eyes and take a look around the manufacturing landscape for a clue or two. Those days are over by virtue of an available global market of cheap labor. While I agree that their original purpose (ensuring work place safety) is still valid, OSHA, state and local guidelines have the reins now, not to mention the ever-prying eyes of the blood-thirsty personal injury attorneys creating victims as they need them. Point being, unions need to vanish and let the right-to-work aspect of a free market economy compete for workers. I despise unions and their pocketing of politicians.

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...nion-wish-list
                What would you offer up as an alternate collective bargaining arrangement?

Comment

Originally posted by stratosaurus View Post

Unions have consistently talked about free trade, imports & illegal immigration being their enemies. trumps strong rhetoric was no less than what they've been saying in the past. Maybe trump has tried to tackle the problems a little too straight forward & using the wrong"methods", He did what they wanted & maybe they now see that there is a bit more complexity than they also thought.
                  Maybe it's the tariffs then.

Is This Thing On?

Comment

Suggested alternate title for the thread...

Union Does what Union Dues

Is This Thing On?

Comment

Yes, it's totally un-American to join together in free assembly in order to forge contracts between interested parties. Much better for all involved if autocratic bosses like Trump simply rule people on their whims.
                      "Truth is what stands the test of experience."

...Albert Einstein

Comment

I'll always support people's right to organize their labor and collective bargain.
                        I'll always also support the right of a business owner to decide whether or not to bargain with said unions.
                        I'll always also support the right of individuals to negotiate the terms of their employment as individuals with no extortion from unions.

Comment

Originally posted by nedezero1 View Post
                          I'll always support people's right to organize their labor and collective bargain.
                          I'll always also support the right of a business owner to decide whether or not to bargain with said unions.
                          I'll always also support the right of individuals to negotiate the terms of their employment as individuals with no extortion from unions.
                          Having the "right" to do something doesn't give one the practical ability to do so.

Hence the need to move from the "individuals negotiating" method to forming unions in the FIRST place.

But you knew this.

At least I HOPE you did.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Having the "right" to do something doesn't give one the practical ability to do so.

Hence the need to move from the "individuals negotiating" method to forming unions in the FIRST place.

But you knew this.

At least I HOPE you did.
                            From appearances, the most success of union organization, has been loss of American jobs to other countries & and pretty drastic union membership losses. Union negotiations aren't exactly a shining example of being successful.
                            ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
                            Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

Unions built this country and the middle class.
                              Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.

Comment

Working...
                              X