• Time
  • Show
Clear All

my name is doofus potus
    and
    I APPROVE of this message !! )
    Originally posted by -NPC- View Post
    Did some people do something?

Click image for larger version  Name:	24FE31FE-C8EE-4B25-9747-8A7189B2416D.png Views:	1 Size:	175.5 KB ID:	32505982

my name is doofus potus
    and

Last edited by sirfun; 04-15-2019, 03:05 PM.
    __________-------------------------------------__________________________---------------
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." ---Albert Einstein

What is more liberal than this ?? )
    We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union ...

Comment

They are reporting that they have slowed the fire enough to save the two bell towers that flank the entrance, and they have been pulling as much of the artwork from inside as possible.

Terrible loss, but it sounds as if they have made incredible efforts to save as much as they could.
      Lease this space!

Comment

Whatever. After seeing Garth Brooks play at Notre Dame I have to try hard to care.
        George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
        Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

That cathedral lasted for nearly seven centuries including the invasion and bombing of France by the Nazis during WWII, and it burns down now?
          Looks mighty suspicious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed A. View Post
            That cathedral lasted for nearly seven centuries including the invasion and bombing of France by the Nazis during WWII, and it burns down now?
            Maybe it was Muslim extremists? maybe? huh? huh?
            POST NO BILLS

Comment

Ha...obviously Charly doesn't know about HC!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	trump notre dame.png
Views:	1
Size:	335.0 KB
ID:	32506169
              Guns Over People

I pledge my allegiance to David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gp2112 View Post

That is what kills me about this. They should have the capabilities to get max wet stuff on the red stuff. Hell, fly a few sticks and tower ladders and push the pumps to 1500 GPM. They have a nearly unlimited water source mere feet away. The base of the fire could have been hit through the windows. I am quite sure that a few windows were already damaged by the time the fire brigade arrived.

Of course, I do not know what they did, and not every fire can be put out with the tools at hand.
                One of the problems is that it apparently took two hours for the fire brigade to get there... and while the Seine is right there, it doesn't do much good without hoses and pumps...

And I also heard that the fire started at the rear, in the roof area... and if so, the base of the fire may have been in the roof timbers themselves, and not further down where they could get to it through the (assumedly damaged by then) windows...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by panhandler View Post

Maybe it was Muslim extremists? maybe? huh? huh?
                  Last I heard they don't suspect terrorism or arson.

But his point is noted - that building took two hundred years to build, it lasted for over 800 years and survived two world wars, the Nazis, the French Revolution, etc.... and if it turns out it was destroyed by a mere construction / maintenance accident, it just doesn't seem like a fitting end for such a grand building.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                  - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Originally posted by sirfun View Post
                    my name is doofus potus
                    and

my name is doofus potus
                    and
                    I already took care of the troll - next time, leave it be please.

- George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Hoddy View Post
                      Lot of amateur armchair quarterbacking.
                      Oh, I dunno Hoddy - the guy who is providing the most detailed answers and recommendations in this thread just might know a bit about fighting fires, what with him being a retired firefighter and all...

- George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Ed A. View Post
                        Whoa, it's in Paris?
                        I was thinking Indiana, Pence country.
                        That's different.

Sorry, I've been busy with taxes. Not watching TV.
                        Last edited by Hoot Owl; 04-15-2019, 04:38 PM.
                        George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

One of the problems is that it apparently took two hours for the fire brigade to get there... and while the Seine is right there, it doesn't do much good without hoses and pumps...

And I also heard that the fire started at the rear, in the roof area... and if so, the base of the fire may have been in the roof timbers themselves, and not further down where they could get to it through the (assumedly damaged by then) windows...
                          Oh, please. How could it take two hours for a fire brigade to arrive in the middle of Paris - at the most famous cathedral in all the world?

Gee, I hope Quasimodo got out.

Comment

Apparently this is what some of the interior looks like right now.

Name:	4Mmkjm7.png
Size:	748.3 KB
ID:	32506203

Name:	bLJr1nm.png
Size:	605.8 KB
ID:	32506204

Name:	REetEXt.png
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	32506205

Name:	fp2hu6Bh.jpg
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	32506206

Flag a Post
                            The Report has been sent.
                            [OK]

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

Oh, I dunno Hoddy - the guy who is providing the most detailed answers and recommendations in this thread just might know a bit about fighting fires, what with him being a retired firefighter and all...
                              P'shaw.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by MattACaster : *Runs 2 blocks down the street to Guitar Center, grabs detuned Schecter off the wall, plugs into Line6 Spider and proceeds to bring teh brootalz*

Comment

Must have been one of those new 5G towers they installed.

Comment

Working...
                                X