No announcement yet.

Donald Trump is a sick and hateful man...Tweets horrible Ilhan Omar video

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Again, you’re left with ignoring the point she was making, or even that she WAS making a point, in order to focus on the “OMG look how she described 9/11!” you all want to be all faux-outraged over.

Look. You’ve said yourself you don’t think people should be taken to task for every failure to mention of how bad some historic incident was. You’ve given Owens a pass for doing pretty much the exact same thing.

Yet you just can’t stop trying to convince yourself that the statement by Omar was the worstest thing in the history of public statements.

Or, more likely, you KNOW it isn’t a big deal but you see the political gain by going along with all the rest and pretending it is.

Again, her point is the same regardless of how she describes 9/11 because the severity of the event isn’t the point.

unless you believe it is. Do you believe that 9/11 was so bad that it justifies the mistreatment of all Muslims?
    Ok, I've explained this already, but to reiterate, I don't think every time you say "Hitler" or "The Holocaust" or "slavery" or 9/11 there must be an accompanying declaration that those things were bad and an enumerations of the victims. But when you very deliberately euphemize those horrors, yeah, it's going to piss people off, which you yourself said Omar likes to do.

If there were an analogue like the one you are trying to force it would sound like this:

"Some people did some things and six million Jews died."

Actually no, that's still too specific. It would be more like this: "Some people did some things and now people don't like Germans."

Not on the same planet.

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

• Originally posted by BA.Barcolounger View Post

Then go look it up.

Nobody else here seems to care.
      Panties in a bunch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Opposite Day View Post

Nope. Omar was describing the attack on 9/11, again in the most innocuous terms possible. Owens was talking about Hitler's global aspirations. She wasn't talking about the Holocaust. It's only unclear if you want it to be.
        you’ve got the trifecta of know it all posters arguing with you. It’s an exercise in futility to engage them.

Comment

• Originally posted by goodhonk View Post

you’ve got the trifecta of know it all posters arguing with you. It’s an exercise in futility to engage them.
          I know I know I know

Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif?itemid=5362094.gif
Views:	1
Size:	559.2 KB
ID:	32506050

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Ed Phobes- View Post

So, Trump's tweets have their intended effect on Omar...his supporters have turned the discussion from Trump's sick tweet to an attack on her. Just look at the responses in this thread.
            As I said in my first post on the topic, this is really all just nothing more than looking to jump on anything Omar, AOC or Tliab says because they are the new Boogeywomen.

Not that they havent brought on this heightened degree of scrutiny upon themselves to a large degree. They have.

But if we cant honestly and objectively separate the comments they make that are worthy of real disdain from the BS incidents like this, then it’s all just a bunch of garbage.

Although I do find that so many of the same people who have repeatedly chastised “the left” for overreacting to language and words and terms used by public officials are gleefully doing this here to be hypocrisy of the most hilarious sort.

Actually her worst mistake here was probably to state that CAIR was founded after 9/11 when in reality it was founded in 1994.
            Last edited by guido61; 04-15-2019, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by prolurkerguy View Post

Except that one is an elected official- which changes the standard (or so we are often reminded re: DJT).
              Except that's not the argument being made by OD.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOS68 View Post

Except that's not the argument being made by OD.
                my point was just re: your apples to apples assertion; I think Omar’s position in government at least changes one to a plum.

Comment

my point was just re: your apples to apples assertion; I think Omar’s position in government at least changes one to a plum.
                  Not IMO at best ones a Granny Smith the other a Macintosh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Opposite Day View Post

Ok, I've explained this already, but to reiterate, I don't think every time you say "Hitler" or "The Holocaust" or "slavery" or 9/11 there must be an accompanying declaration that those things were bad and an enumerations of the victims. But when you very deliberately euphemize those horrors, yeah, it's going to piss people off, which you yourself said Omar likes to do.
                    but like I also said, I don’t see her really trying to do that here as the mention of 9/11 wasn’t the point.

It would be like saying “don’t blame all white people for something some other white people did 150 years ago.” Valid point to make, yes? What does how horrible slavery was or wasn’t have to do with the point about not blaming them all for it?

Unless you believe that if the act is bad enough, the broad-brush blaming is somehow justified. And I trust you don’t.

Beyond that, do you think Trump’s response is justified? Especially coming from the POTUS?

Comment

• Apple? I’m more of a PC person myself.

(Political humor)
                      My band!:
                      www.steelphantoms.com/
                      my stage stuff:
                      fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

Why should it? Seems her position in government is a responsibility of those who elected her. If they feel strongly enough about her statement, they can vote her out over it.

Otherwise, for those of us not in her district and not voting? Then I don’t see how this court-of-public-opinion stuff should be any different for her than it would be for Owens.

Owens’ chosen career is ostensibly to affect public opinion, policy and voting. She should get a pass because she chooses to do essentially the same thing that Omar does but chooses to do so outside of being an elected official and holding herself up to the voters in such a manner?

gee. What a nice gig. All the perks and influence (and probably a bigger paycheck) with only half the responsibility for your actions and comments
                        Last edited by guido61; 04-15-2019, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Yeah. Reading and knowing things. Such terrible qualities.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA.Barcolounger View Post

Yeah. Reading and knowing things. Such terrible qualities.
                            Considering your recent (and extended) history of making false claims/ misinterpretation of news items, you may want to be careful with these types of posts.

Comment

• I hope every time Omar says something stupid another democrat becomes a republican. So if that's the case I hope they keep her around for a good long time.
                              Last edited by Daehtihs; 04-15-2019, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Watch the personal attacks please...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                                - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                                - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                                - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Working...
                                X