X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a pretty big waiting room.
    gp

"You speak with total clarity.
    "And complete irrelevance."
    --Howard Cosell. Said to Minnesota Fats during a matchup with Willie Mosconi.

Comment

Originally posted by BA.Barcolounger View Post

From many of the veterans I know, the prevailing opinion is that the red tape and waiting periods are a nightmare, but once they get through that, the care they receive is top notch.
      I know more vets than you and they say the opposite.

they’ve also said very interesting things about you.

Comment

Originally posted by goodhonk View Post

Complete, unsubstantiated conjecture on your part...

Leave the implied personal comments / attacks out of the discussion please.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
        - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
        - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
        - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

if you have suggestions on how this country can prevent veterans from killing themselves, please share.
          One would need to study the problem first. I haven't.

But I would expect every combat soldier and medic to go through a period of counseling upon return, in groups, and individually for those who need it. Do they do anything like that?
          Treating returning soldiers should be a part of any combat plan.

George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
          Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoddy View Post
            https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...zVdKKoP7xqdgE8

It's a disgrace that this country has so miserably failed in it's care of our veterans.
            I've never been in a hospital waiting room where more than a couple of dozen people at most could witness anything. Must be a really big waiting room.
            EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

Comment

If you are a veteran, here is how to improve your coverage. It's a very simple three step process:
              1. go to Mexico.
              2. Cross the border claiming to be a Mexican seeking asylum.
              3. Go to a hospital emergency room for all the free care you want.

Yes. I'm being hyperbolic. But still...
              EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post
                If you are a veteran, here is how to improve your coverage. It's a very simple three step process:
                1. go to Mexico.

VERY hyperbolic.

Because the TRUTH is that "free care" in hospital emergency rooms essentially boils down to running out on the bill and/or filing bankruptcy on it. Or filing some sort of false claim so they can't find you to send you the bill. Or qualifying for Medicaid or other public assistance.

None of which requires being in the country illegally or being an asylum-seeker to do. In fact, all sorts of legal citizens do this same stuff every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post
                  1. go to Mexico.

Regular Americans can do that.

Thank Ronald Reagan for the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerge...tive_Labor_Act

Comment

Originally posted by BA.Barcolounger View Post

Regular Americans can do that.

Thank Ronald Reagan for the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerge...tive_Labor_Act
                    Except it's important that he identify as an alien. If he uses his real name it will cost him, probably.

Comment

I had a friend with VA coverage that had a knee problem that, had it been a normal insurance coverage issue, would have had knee surgery for a permanent fix. But with VA he had to go in every few months for injections of a lubricating gel as a temporary fix, every few months.

That's not "top notch."

There is a reason those that can afford it leave their single payer system for treatment in the US.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...or-health-care

Comment

Originally posted by Hoddy View Post
                        https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...zVdKKoP7xqdgE8

It's a disgrace that this country has so miserably failed in it's care of our veterans.
                        What in the story leads you to believe that the suicide was directly related to a failure of this veterans' healthcare? Sometimes the best healthcare in the world can not prevent a suicide.
                        ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
                        Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

Working...
                        X