Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Experiment - certainly to be viewed in poor taste - Child thrown from 3rd floor Mall of America

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Experiment - certainly to be viewed in poor taste - Child thrown from 3rd floor Mall of America

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/...ll-of-america/

Suspect has been apprehended.

No information on the suspect, other than age and gender.

What are the odds that this is a white christian?

in before "stay classy"

and to be clear, i'm not saying a white christian wouldn't do such a terrible thing.

I'm suggesting that the media would happily release that information if it were so.

Comment

Originally posted by goodhonk View Post
      and to be clear, i'm not saying a white christian wouldn't do such a terrible thing.

I'm suggesting that the media would happily release that information if it were so.
      So why haven't they?

Comment

I remember the shooter they called a "white hispanic". I also remember them significantly whitening up photos of George Zimmerman to the point that it was comical.
        EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

Comment

Originally posted by BA.Barcolounger View Post

So why haven't they?
          Um. Because it isn't so?
          EVERYTHING I type (i.e. not a link or video) is only my opinion. In a sane world, that should not have to be said. But then, we are not living in a sane world, are we?

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post

I remember the shooter they called a "white hispanic". I also remember them significantly whitening up photos of George Zimmerman to the point that it was comical.
            In phoenix AZ, where i live, there was a recent road rage incident where a 10 year old was shot and killed. the suspect was a white male, that is until his name was released.

Comment

They didn’t mention the race or religion of the mother or the child either... and the mother is apparently religious; she was reportedly “screaming” for everyone to pray after her child was thrown or pushed off.

So... just how is the race and / or religion of any of the parties involved at all relevant... unless it was a racially or religiously-motivated attack?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
              - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
              - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
              - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

In phoenix AZ, where i live, there was a recent road rage incident where a 10 year old was shot and killed. the suspect was a white male, that is until his name was released.
                It's like they know that all people are going to remember is that first report. For many people, they are correct. But it also makes them amazingly sleazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
                  They didn’t mention the race or religion of the mother or the child either... and the mother is apparently religious; she was reportedly “screaming” for everyone to pray after her child was thrown or pushed off.

So... just how is the race and / or religion of any of the parties involved at all relevant... unless it was a racially or religiously-motivated attack?
                  i'm not suggesting it is relevant. Just something i have noticed in stories that involve people of color, and/or muslims. the suspects identity is kept hidden as long as possible.

and perhaps it's a good thing. revenge, or increased division if too many stories were broadcast with suspects of the same race or creed.
                  Last edited by goodhonk; 04-12-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

i'm not suggesting it is relevant. Just something i have noticed in stories that involve people of color, and/or muslims. the suspects identity is kept hidden as long as possible.
                    Again, maybe they're all the same race, and therefore it's irrelevant, since it doesn't suggest a racially-motivated attack?

Short of some sort of religiously-oriented exclamatory statement while committing the crime, or the media and / or police interviewing the subject and learning it that way (which they may not have had time to do yet), I don't know how the media would be able to quickly determine what the subject's religious beliefs probably are.

Also, at the bottom of the page it says "This is a developing story. Check back for more."

Isn't it possible they don't know the race of any of them ATM? Sometimes it takes time to research the backstory before you can accurately report those details - just as with their religious beliefs, or lack thereof.

And while I'm not saying it couldn't be an example of media bias, I'd want to see more statistical data on how quickly the race of "white Christian" suspects is released by the news media on-average, vs the names and races of non-Christians and / or people of color before I'd be willing to buy into it being some sort of conspiracy or systemic issue in the news media that's intended to make white Christians look bad ASAP and / or to conceal the religious beliefs of non-Christians and people of color for as long as possible.

If you have any data that supports that premise, I'd be willing to look at it, but I seriously doubt that's the case.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                    - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                    - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Speculating as to the race of the perp is like pissing in the wind
                      nothing good gonna come from it
                      Originally posted by Daryl Flynn;n32409120
                      There is no chance of Trump losing. Deep down you know this.

Daryl Flynn - Dec 3 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

Again, maybe they're all the same race, and therefore it's irrelevant, since it doesn't suggest a racially-motivated attack?

Short of some sort of religiously-oriented exclamatory statement while committing the crime, or the media and / or police interviewing the subject and learning it that way (which they may not have had time to do yet), I don't know how the media would be able to quickly determine what the subject's religious beliefs probably are.

Also, at the bottom of the page it says "This is a developing story. Check back for more."

Isn't it possible they don't know the race of any of them ATM? Sometimes it takes time to research the backstory before you can accurately report those details - just as with their religious beliefs, or lack thereof.

And while I'm not saying it couldn't be an example of media bias, I'd want to see more statistical data on how quickly the race of "white Christian" suspects is released by the news media on-average, vs the names and races of non-Christians and / or people of color before I'd be willing to buy into it being some sort of conspiracy or systemic issue in the news media that's intended to make white Christians look bad ASAP and / or to conceal the religious beliefs of non-Christians and people of color for as long as possible.

If you have any data that supports that premise, I'd be willing to look at it, but I seriously doubt that's the case.
                        the outcome of this story will be the beginning of the data.

i'm going out on a limb. let's see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyfoo View Post
                          Speculating as to the race of the perp is like pissing in the wind
                          nothing good gonna come from it
                          and that isn't the intention, to disparage a certain race or creed. which is why i felt it important to include clarification in my second post

Comment

It doesn't matter who did it. What matters is that a little boy is in the hospital, suffering from serious injuries, and a really mean man has a lot of explaining to do. I hope the child recovers and the attacker has his day in court. Plus wherever the court sends him after the trial.

Comment

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/...ll-of-america/

Suspect has been apprehended.

No information on the suspect, other than age and gender.

What are the odds that this is a white christian?

in before "stay classy"
                              Having read the linked article, I understand the tenor of your post even less than I did before reading it. Where are you going with this?

Considering what the poor mother was screaming, I thought it may have had to do with the efficacy of prayer?

Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

Working...
                              X