No announcement yet.

Happy Paddy's Day!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Paddy's Day!

Top of the morning to ye all, faith and begorrah. And may the blessings of God fall down out of the sky on top of ye all.

I'll be here til the Guinness runs out.
    flip the phase

Happy St. Paddy’s day. On Friday, the barriers had already been set up between sidewalk and street on 5th Avenue leading up to St Patrick’s Cathedral.

It’s like 2:30 for you at the moment, so you’re already sloshed, no?

Is it ok if I drink something really hoppy?

Ps. Even though the red skipped mine and my brother-in-laws generation, the Irish in our family lines just could not be contained. My one-year-old nephew is red-headed as can be.
    My band!:
    www.steelphantoms.com/
    my stage stuff:
    fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post
      Happy St. Paddy’s day. On Friday, the barriers had already been set up between sidewalk and street on 5th Avenue leading up to St Patrick’s Cathedral.

It’s like 2:30 for you at the moment, so you’re already sloshed, no?

Is it ok if I drink something really hoppy?

Ps. Even though the red skipped mine and my brother-in-laws generation, the Irish in our family lines just could not be contained. My one-year-old nephew is red-headed as can be.
      The NY parade is insane. Our wee local ones here are much more mediocre affairs lol
      Working today unfortunately. We might go for a pint later. But the bars will be rammed. And as Belfast is a British city, it's all a bit plasticky for my more Ireeshan tastes. Can't even give the cúpla focail a go for fear of offending someone
      flip the phase

Comment

Originally posted by gubu View Post

The NY parade is insane. Our wee local ones here are much more mediocre affairs lol
        Working today unfortunately. We might go for a pint later. But the bars will be rammed. And as Belfast is a British city, it's all a bit plasticky for my more Ireeshan tastes. Can't even give the cúpla focail a go for fear of offending someone
        Wuh???
        My band!:
        www.steelphantoms.com/
        my stage stuff:
        fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

Here’s sincerely hoping to anyone and everyone from here to please drink responsibly if you choose to go out and imbibe.
          By all means have fun but please utilize the services of a non-drinking designated driver or a ride-sharing service like Uber or Lyft.
          Originally posted by GTRMAN;n31424311

The hijacking of the Republican party by the religious right really did send the party into a tailspin of fundamentalism and black/white politics. It's really scary how it transformed the party.

Comment

Originally posted by Prime8 View Post
            Here’s sincerely hoping to anyone and everyone from here to please drink responsibly if you choose to go out and imbibe.
            By all means have fun but please utilize the services of a non-drinking designated driver or a ride-sharing service like Uber or Lyft.
            Is it ok to crawl home on one's face?

Or sideways along a wall?
            Last edited by gubu; 03-17-2019, 10:45 AM.
            flip the phase

Comment

My wife's maiden name is Connolly. She's about as Irish as they come and around here it's corned beef and cabbage several times a year but especially on St Paddy's Day. We're off to her sister's house today with the Guinness and Jameson. Her husband is off on one of his treks (this time to the Midwest) so it'll just be the three of us and the dog. I'm going to deal Blackjack for a while and then we'll probably settle down for the obilatory "The Quiet Man" before we head home tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by gubu View Post

Is it ok to crawl home on one's face?

Or sideways along a wall?
                Sure. That’s certainly far more responsible than getting behind the wheel whilst inebriated.

Back to my other post in this thread, I would advise anyone who might be rationalizing against the cost of a $50 Uber ride home to also take into account that this is only a mere fraction of the cost of a $12K DUI!
                Originally posted by GTRMAN;n31424311

The hijacking of the Republican party by the religious right really did send the party into a tailspin of fundamentalism and black/white politics. It's really scary how it transformed the party.

Comment

Pug mahon
                  POST NO BILLS

Comment

Happy St. Paddy's to all, heading over to mom and dad's for cornbeef and cabbage shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakburger View Post
                      My wife's maiden name is Connolly. She's about as Irish as they come and around here it's corned beef and cabbage several times a year but especially on St Paddy's Day. We're off to her sister's house today with the Guinness and Jameson. Her husband is off on one of his treks (this time to the Midwest) so it'll just be the three of us and the dog. I'm going to deal Blackjack for a while and then we'll probably settle down for the obilatory "The Quiet Man" before we head home tonight.
                      My mother's name was Mary Connally. Her dad Mark Connally was the cousin of former Texas governor John Connally.

Éirinn go Brách.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

I played to a packed house yesterday 1 to 5. After playing 9 to 1 Saturday. I’m beat.

Who would think people would be ready to party at 1pm on a Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by moogerfooger View Post
                          I played to a packed house yesterday 1 to 5. After playing 9 to 1 Saturday. I’m beat.

Who would think people would be ready to party at 1pm on a Sunday?
                          Almost the same. We did 2-6 at an Irish pub here in NJ. Much better this year than in years past - people weren't snot-flinging, belly-dragging drunk but a good dancing and singing-along crowd. I think the combination of hangovers from the NYC parade on Saturday and people realizing they had to go to work today might have brought out some cooler heads. Stop-ins by pipers and step-dancers, lots of little kids running around behaving like little kids (not animals). A genuinely good time was had by the band and the audience.

We did a bunch of traditional Rebel tunes along with instrumental tune-sets and a liberal sprinkling of Saw Doctors, Pogues, Waterboys etc. A good time was had by all.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by MattACaster : *Runs 2 blocks down the street to Guitar Center, grabs detuned Schecter off the wall, plugs into Line6 Spider and proceeds to bring teh brootalz*

Comment

Working...
                          X