No announcement yet.

I wonder if John Boehner has concluded

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if John Boehner has concluded

That a couple of Scotches and a couple of tokes is healthier than seven Scotches, and feels better in the morning.

And that Schedule 1 for cannabis is just insane, and that pot as a "Gateway Drug" is a figment of some RW wish.

Or maybe all that and he can make some money....

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/16/70408..._campaign=news
    http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

We're days away from a vote on legalized recreational weed here in New Jersey.

I hope it passes.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
    For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
    Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

He's been in deep with the big tobacco companies for a while, and they stand to makes lots of money by getting into the cannabis business.
      It's clear that the entire GOP is acting under the influence of Kompromat

Ed phobes fathered my child, the child which is music within me, suckling on his talented teet. His new CD is the breast pump which collects his sweet, sweet boob milk for all the world. Bravo Ed, Bravo!
      - MXR

https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

Originally posted by -Ed Phobes- View Post
        He's been in deep with the big tobacco companies for a while, and they stand to makes lots of money by getting into the cannabis business.
        Whatever it takes, it's long past time to end the absurdity.

Comment

Boner for prez.

Comment

Originally posted by E-money View Post
            We're days away from a vote on legalized recreational weed here in New Jersey.

I hope it passes.
            I like that states are doing it but it needs to happen at the Federal level.

Here in Pa., as you probably know, we have legalized medical marijuana. What you may not know is those with CCWs must give them up.if the get a medical mj card. Pa says it because federal law bans one from owning firearms if they use mj.

Now we don't mind flaunting federal drug laws but heaven forbid we flaunt federal gun laws. We don't mind those prescribed opioids having a CCW, we don't mind those who use alcohol having a CCW. But God damn it we can't have mj useru having a CCW. If that isn't insane I don't know what is.

Comment

Originally posted by NOS68 View Post

Whatever it takes, it's long past time to end the absurdity.
              I agree.

I was just postulating that Boehner isn't doing it for ideological reasons...only for the money.
              It's clear that the entire GOP is acting under the influence of Kompromat

Ed phobes fathered my child, the child which is music within me, suckling on his talented teet. His new CD is the breast pump which collects his sweet, sweet boob milk for all the world. Bravo Ed, Bravo!
              - MXR

https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

Short of medical reasons, I see absolutely no purpose for it. Legalizing it and adding easier access to another drug certainly isn't going to do anything but add more problems to society.
                ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
                Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

Originally posted by stratosaurus View Post
                  Short of medical reasons, I see absolutely no purpose for it. Legalizing it and adding easier access to another drug certainly isn't going to do anything but add more problems to society.
                  How about we trade it for alcohol? Booze causes far more societal woes than weed far and away. And most of the societal problems would be alleviated by legalizing it.

And it's not like it's hard to get weed now.

IMO it's absurd to have booze legal and weed illegal.
                  Last edited by NOS68; 03-17-2019, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NOS68 View Post

How about we trade it for alcohol? Booze causes far more societal woes than weed far and away. And most of the societal problems would be alleviated by legalizing it.

And it's not like it's hard to get weed now.

IMO it's absurd to have booze legal and weed illegal.

As recreational use....It's absurd to have either.
                    ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
                    Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

As recreational use....It's absurd to have either.
                      Would you impose that opinion on others?

Zip
                      665 - Neighbor of the Beast

Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

Comment

How much have we, as a nation spent trying to impose this policy upon the citizenry? (Be sure to include the operations cost of the DEA, as well as the criminal trials and incarceration in your calculation.)
                        How effective has this policy been, in your opinion?
                        Consider that 46 Americans die each-and-every day from an opioid overdose, where, in your opinion does marijuana rank as a big problem in this country, and where should we expend our valuable resources?
                        To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

Working...
                        X