Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Zealand massacre “stoked” by words from.... Chelsea Clinton?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Zealand massacre “stoked” by words from.... Chelsea Clinton?

Really?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ch...XPZ?li=BBnbfcL

And some folks still don’t think there is a schism in the Democratic Party?

How does calling out Rep. Omar and criticizing anti-semitism make you responsible for a hate crime against Muslims? Isn’t it possible that Chelsea, as I believe most people in the USA - certainly decent people - feels that hatred and bigotry, in ANY form, against ANY group, is wrong and something that we should speak out against?

Seems like the radical / far left is drawing a false equivalency here. IMO it’s certainly possible to disagree with Representative Omar’s comments while still being horrified and disgusted by the radical right and the evil that was perpetrated against Muslims in Christchurch...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
    - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
    - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

You are really invested in this Schism business.

let me suggest that defection by actual elected Republicans voting against Trump on the emergency measure as well as the Saudi Yemen war is far more significant than somebody in a Bernie t-shirt criticizing Chelsea Clinton. Or Chelsea Clinton affirming her own position against hate speech or discrimination or whatever you want to call it.

but as a poster no longer among us used to say quite a bit, opinions vary.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Tom, do you have anything to say regarding the actual subject of the thread - ie the things Clinton was accused of by far left students, or are you just going to deflect, as you so often do? Do you think Chelsea was wrong for criticizing Rep. Omar’s anti-semetic remarks, and / or do you feel they somehow contributed to or “stoked” the attack in New Zealand?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
      - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

As far as a schism, I’m not invested in it - I’m concerned about it - frightened even. It does not bode well for us, since a more united Democratic Party has a better chance of beating Trump in 2020.

- George Carlin

Comment

Phil, the very first remark in your post is about this reputed schism.

which I commented on in my reply.

like they say in court if you raise a topic on Direct you can expect to hear more about it on cross-examination.

Is This Thing On?

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
            Seems like the radical / far left is drawing a false equivalency here.
            Because of one idiot?

I haven't seen this kind of rhetoric anywhere else but right here. Or maybe I'm just not looking in the right place?
            Some of the NYU students told Clinton she wasn't welcome at the vigil. One of the students referred to Clinton's recent condemnation of Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn, over the congresswoman's anti-Semitic remarks.

"We should expect all elected officials, regardless of party, and all public figures to not traffic in anti-Semitism," Clinton tweeted on Feb. 10.

“This, right here, is a result of a massacre stoked by people like you and the words that you put out into the world,” one student told Clinton. “And I want you to know that and I want you to feel that deep down inside. Forty-nine people died because of the rhetoric you put out there.”

Flag a Post
            The Report has been sent.
            [OK]

Comment

Originally posted by willhaven View Post
              Because of one idiot?

I haven't seen this kind of rhetoric anywhere else but right here. Or maybe I'm just not looking in the right place?
              Some of the NYU students told Clinton she wasn't welcome at the vigil. One of the students referred to Clinton's recent condemnation of Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn, over the congresswoman's anti-Semitic remarks.

"We should expect all elected officials, regardless of party, and all public figures to not traffic in anti-Semitism," Clinton tweeted on Feb. 10.

“This, right here, is a result of a massacre stoked by people like you and the words that you put out into the world,” one student told Clinton. “And I want you to know that and I want you to feel that deep down inside. Forty-nine people died because of the rhetoric you put out there.”
              There are a bunch of other candidates this cycle who are somewhat stealing Bernie's Thunder.

I suspect he will get even less support this time around. The person in the Bernie T-shirt has an online presence that said some really vile stuff according to an article I read elsewhere yesterday.

and if Bernie doesn't distance himself from her and people like her among his supporters pretty quick it's going to be damaging to him.

And since I mentioned I considered him already wounded this ain't going to help.

Is This Thing On?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post
                There are a bunch of other candidates this cycle who are somewhat stealing Bernie's Thunder.

I suspect he will get even less support this time around. The person in the Bernie T-shirt has an online presence that said some really vile stuff according to an article I read elsewhere yesterday.

and if Bernie doesn't distance himself from her and people like her among his supporters pretty quick it's going to be damaging to him.

And since I mentioned I considered him already wounded this ain't going to help.
                You remember where you saw that? It would be interesting to see who this goober is.

As for Bernie, I feel like his proposals will likely be more popular than he is himself. I feel he may impact the campaign by moving the needle and changing the conversation somewhat. But I think the people who thought the Hill-a-REE machine buried Bernie last time and are now expecting him to clean up shop are going to be disappointed.

I can't imagine it's not going to be someone like Kamala or Beto who runs away with it in the end.

Flag a Post
                [OK]

Comment

I read the link that Phil posted in the OP and I didn’t come away with Chelsea’s comments in any way “stoking” or provoking the unfortunate Christchurch massacre.

If anything, the shooter commented on trump’s remarks yet never once mentioned even a peep about Chelsea.

However, not surprisingly, Chelsea was without a doubt the object of derision and scorn amongst certain “far leftists” locally. Also to no one’s surprise, extremists from either side of the aisle are typically always the most vocal whenever such horrific incidents occur.
                  Last edited by Prime8; 03-16-2019, 10:24 AM.
                  Originally posted by GTRMAN;n31424311

The hijacking of the Republican party by the religious right really did send the party into a tailspin of fundamentalism and black/white politics. It's really scary how it transformed the party.

Comment

Originally posted by willhaven View Post
                    You remember where you saw that? It would be interesting to see who this goober is.

As for Bernie, I feel like his proposals will likely be more popular than he is himself. I feel he may impact the campaign by moving the needle and changing the conversation somewhat. But I think the people who thought the Hill-a-REE machine buried Bernie last time and are now expecting him to clean up shop are going to be disappointed.

I can't imagine it's not going to be someone like Kamala or Beto who runs away with it in the end.
                    I just tried to find that for you and I am not able to. I can tell you that I recall it was Twitter comments by a woman in a Bernie 2020 t-shirt who challenged Chelsea Clinton at the solidarity rally.

you may have heard the term doxxing. Some people went to that woman's online presence on Twitter and found her saying all kinds of derogatory racist homophobic stuff.

but anybody can put a t-shirt on. She doesn't actually sound like a typical Bernie supporter to me.

now in terms of the premise that Chelsea Clinton was somehow responsible for the tragedy in New Zealand I find that beneath contempt.

the manifesto of the perp is online and people can read for themselves in his own words who he considered to be the influences for this.

I just know that Chelsea Clinton's name was not mentioned on that Manifesto.

Is This Thing On?

Comment

Originally posted by Donny G

When your bag of tricks is completely empty....The old democrat guard is dead, it longer exists, hey I am a vegan, I have been forever, but my neighbors really really really love their beef, when I ask them to have a vegan meal they are always too busy (of course), they are democrat, I don't even want to tell them that in short order their party is going to put them in jail if they get caught eating a cow. So, lost.......that is just one example of their idocracy.
                      OK, that made me LOL

BTW, idiocracy = spelling idiocracy incorrectly.
                      It's clear that the entire GOP is acting under the influence of Kompromat

Ed phobes fathered my child, the child which is music within me, suckling on his talented teet. His new CD is the breast pump which collects his sweet, sweet boob milk for all the world. Bravo Ed, Bravo!
                      - MXR

https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

Originally posted by Donny G
                        Eat bacon, go to ......
                        The doctor for a cholesterol test.

but hey it's a choice.

Is This Thing On?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post
                          I just tried to find that for you and I am not able to. I can tell you that I recall it was Twitter comments by a woman in a Bernie 2020 t-shirt who challenged Chelsea Clinton at the solidarity rally.

you may have heard the term doxxing. Some people went to that woman's online presence on Twitter and found her saying all kinds of derogatory racist homophobic stuff.
                          Ah... just found her. @vivafalastin

Homophobic, slut shaming, antisemitic, awful s**t. Using neo-Nazi terms for Jews? Gross.

The Democratic Schism™, personified.

I'm sure this is really going to split the Democratic party during the primaries.

Flag a Post
                          [OK]

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

...And some folks still don’t think there is a schism in the Democratic Party?...
                            Some anonymous undergrad saying something really stupid is evidence of a schism in the Democratic Party? Wow.

Comment

An interesting and thoughtful opening post ruined by deflection and narrative shift.

I’m not saying these two posters are paid shills, but they behave just like media matters paid shills.

Phil, it is ridiculous to blame Chelsea for what happened in NZ. I find it shameful and dangerous when people from either party try to silence their perceived opponents by unfair tactics. Whether it’s gun control, voter identification, race relations, or immigration, we need to be able to discuss openly our concerns and proposed solutions without fear of being labeled a racist or worse.

Unless Chelsea said someone needs to stop Muslim immigration at any cost - or something to that effect, she is not to blame.

The Omar thing from the right is also nonsense. She should be able to talk openly about her concerns of jewish lobbyist, or whatever it is she fears. I’m certain if a synagogue had been shot up the Republicans would have beenplaying the same game.

Comment

Working...
                              X