Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York appellate court allows Summer Zervos defamation suit against Trump to proceed

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York appellate court allows Summer Zervos defamation suit against Trump to proceed

Do you think the Tucker Carlson is going to be pleased about this, in as much as it takes some of the heat off of his radio tapes?

A New York appellate court ruled Thursday that President Trump must face a defamation lawsuit filed by former “Apprentice” contestant Summer Zervos, one of about a dozen women who accused Trump of sexual misconduct shortly before the 2016 election.

Trump’s lawyers have tried unsuccessfully to block Zervos’s suit, arguing that the president is immune from such lawsuits in state court.

In their ruling Thursday, a panel of New York appellate judges rejected that argument, citing the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling in Clinton v. Jones, which established that presidents can be sued while in office for unofficial acts.

any chance that this will be for evengelical the straw that breaks the camel's back?

I think not.

Scandal overload, or is there really a pony under that pile?

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Of course it won't break anybody's zeal for Trump. The evangelicals who've gotten in bed with him will stay in bed with him, either defending or denying anything he's done. He's part of their identity now, and most of them probably couldn't bear to say "we were wrong" (even though admitting one's wrongs is a central tenet of their religion).
    My band!:
    www.steelphantoms.com/
    my stage stuff:
    fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post
      Of course it won't break anybody's zeal for Trump. The evangelicals who've gotten in bed with him will stay in bed with him, either defending or denying anything he's done. He's part of their identity now, and most of them probably couldn't bear to say "we were wrong" (even though admitting one's wrongs is a central tenet of their religion).
      If they stay in bed long enough, maybe Trump will give them a Purple Heart, like the one he thinks he got in his own personal Vietnam.
      "This is the kind of arrant pedantry up with which I will not put."

...Winston Churchill

Comment

Back during the campaign in the summer of 2016 Trump said he was going to sue all those women making claims on him.

but of course he never did.

I think he's afraid of discovery, plus being forced to testify on this topic under oath.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post
          New York appellate court allows Summer Zervos defamation suit against Trump to proceed

Do you think the Tucker Carlson is going to be pleased about this, in as much as it takes some of the heat off of his radio tapes?

A New York appellate court ruled Thursday that President Trump must face a defamation lawsuit filed by former “Apprentice” contestant Summer Zervos, one of about a dozen women who accused Trump of sexual misconduct shortly before the 2016 election.

Trump’s lawyers have tried unsuccessfully to block Zervos’s suit, arguing that the president is immune from such lawsuits in state court.

In their ruling Thursday, a panel of New York appellate judges rejected that argument, citing the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling in Clinton v. Jones, which established that presidents can be sued while in office for unofficial acts.

any chance that this will be for evengelical the straw that breaks the camel's back?

I think not.

Scandal overload, or is there really a pony under that pile?
          1. I don't care what pleases Tucker Carlson, so long as nobody has to clean up after it. Or go to the V.D. clinic for treatment of it.
          2. Poor ol' Don; in his rush to condemn Mrs. Clinton, he forgot about Mr. Clinton's sexual misconduct. And that said misconduct got him sued. Then it got him impeached by angry Gingrich Republicans.
          3. Will this be the evangelical straw that breaks the camel's back? It's hard to say; evangelicals are a peculiar lot. They'll denounce one man for a little pestering and an under-the-desk BJ. Then they'll defend a serial adulterer, misogynist and law-breaking pervert based solely on each man's politics.
          That said, I hope someone, someday, takes Trump to the cleaners and reduces him to a state of abject poverty. At which point, he won't be able to take advantage of the social programs that might have helped him, if he hadn't cancelled them.

Comment

Over the past 3 years the evangelicals have proven to me that they are the phonies I always thought they were.
            POST NO BILLS

Comment

Over the past 3 year, it's amazing the amount of things that have been thrown at trump and none of them have gone anywhere. He's still standing. Everyone seems to believe they're all true....but zilch, nothing, nada, zip.......
              What gives?
              ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
              Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

Originally posted by stratosaurus View Post
                Over the past 3 year, it's amazing the amount of things that have been thrown at trump and none of them have gone anywhere. He's still standing. Everyone seems to believe they're all true....but zilch, nothing, nada, zip.......
                What gives?
                GOP held both houses of Congress for two years. For some reason, they kowtowed to and protected him.

And his supporters don't seem to care about any of his transgressions.

I'll admit, it's confusing to me too.

It's clear that the entire GOP is acting under the influence of Kompromat

Ed phobes fathered my child, the child which is music within me, suckling on his talented teet. His new CD is the breast pump which collects his sweet, sweet boob milk for all the world. Bravo Ed, Bravo!
                - MXR

https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

Originally posted by -Ed Phobes- View Post

GOP held both houses of Congress for two years. For some reason, they kowtowed to and protected him.

And his supporters don't seem to care about any of his transgressions.

I'll admit, it's confusing to me too.

It may be confusing to you, but GOP & supporters actions are not even the least bit confusing, to me. It's simply expected.(think bill clinton)
                  That has nothing to do with all the legal accusations & actions, over the last 3 years... that have amounted to zero. Kinda makes you wonder if the Mueller findings are going to amount to anything that will stick.
                  ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke

Comment

It may be confusing to you, but GOP & supporters actions are not even the least bit confusing, to me. It's simply expected.(think bill clinton)
                    That has nothing to do with all the legal accusations & actions, over the last 3 years... that have amounted to zero. Kinda makes you wonder if the Mueller findings are going to amount to anything that will stick.
                    You need to stop looking at the world through orange-colored glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by slodge View Post

You need to stop looking at the world through orange-colored glasses.
                      Lame attempt to be cute, but totally inaccurate.
                      .What I said are facts, not favoritism, especially for trump.

Comment

Lame attempt to be cute, but totally inaccurate.
                        .What I said are facts, not favoritism, especially for trump.
                        They’re not facts.

Theyre dishonest spin.

Comment

They’re not facts.

Theyre dishonest spin.

Here's the post again, Tell me what's dishonest about it.

What gives?

Comment

Here's the post again, Tell me what's dishonest about it.
                            All of it.

Comment

All of it.
                              Why? What specifically is in my post that is dishonest, incorrect & what facts can you provide that shows that it is?
                              Last edited by stratosaurus; 03-16-2019, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X