Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

DOJ ordered the FBI not to charge Clinton over her "gross negligence" with classified information

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post

What was Weisman convicted of and how close is his association with McDonald?
    It was in context of "the news".
    Report: Mueller May Be Wrapping Up, As “Pitbull” Weissmann To Step Down

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post
      Certainly not in the context of news about convictions of trump Inner Circle.

let's run with your reply. Do you think the various convictions and guilty pleas of close Trump Associates are some kind of trick or do you think they actually committed the crimes they were convicted and or admitted to?

and because Mueller has been a registered Republican for decades do you think we should have deep suspicions about his involvement in the investigations which led to these convictions and guilty pleas?

for many months now there have been claims that the Mueller investigation is just about to finish up.

perhaps you recall what Giuliani said?

how long ago was that now?
      Special counsel Mueller to end obstruction inquiry by Sept. 1, Giuliani says

By Michael S. Schmidt

5/21/2018

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...ays/ar-AAxySA4

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

earlier in this thread you were talking about allegations. He says this and she says that.

now you have shifted your rhetoric to say "the fact that".

Let me refresh your memory...

At least that's the word according to one GOP congressperson, based on recently revealed sworn congressional testimony from Lisa Page.
        If they both testified to contrary things, then one or the other is lying Tom. I have not made any claims as to which one did so. However, we now have multiple sources who have testified under oath that some high ranking people at the FBI thought Clinton should be prosecuted.

Now, let's look at where I used the phrase "the fact that...":

...the fact that AG Lynch had said that she was going to let them make the determination...

That IS indeed a fact Tom, and it can be a fact without any implied insinuation about who lied under oath - that's a completely separate part of the discussion.

AG Lynch did in FACT say she was going to take the recommendations of the FBI and prosecutors. I sat and watched her on TV saying that she was going to let them make the determination myself.

Another fact is, she testified before Congress saying that the FBI never recommended prosecution; Lisa Page testified that they did in fact recommend it, but were told "no" by DOJ prosecutors. That's all a matter of public record. Ergo, one or the other is lying... although again, I have never tried to claim to know for a "fact" as to which one did.

However, if you don't believe me regarding Lynch saying she was going to take the recommendations given to her, maybe you'll believe the New York Times?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/02/u...il-server.html

Or The Hill?

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...ecommendations

Or CNN? Scroll down and you can watch the video for yourself...

https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/01/polit...obe/index.html

Or Bloomberg?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-e-mail-probe

And once again, Lynch, under oath and while testifying to Congress, said that the recommendation was "unanimous" - again, Lisa Page testified that this was not the case - it wasn't unanimous - some high ranking folks at the FBI (such as James Baker) thought Clinton should be prosecuted. Ergo, one or the other lied under oath.

Lynch stressed that she decided to agree to what her “team” of subordinates and career officials recommended and that their recommendation not to pursue charges was unanimous.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...n-email-225415

Hey how about Andrew McCabe? Not the most trustworthy guy I'll admit, but even HE thought the Clinton investigation should have gone to a special prosecutor due to the appearances caused by the Lynch / Clinton tarmac meeting...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcc...pecial-counsel

None of those established facts change the allegations that I mentioned in the OP, which concern what Page said under oath. That was done in closed-door session, so we were basing this on what one GOP congressperson said about those sessions. AG Lynch testified in a public session, so that's a matter of public record. However, the transcripts of what Page said in closed-door sessions have now been released by a second congressperson, making it much less likely that the released information is "fake news." If it isn't an accurate transcript, I would expect the Democrats to be screaming bloody murder right now (and rightfully so...), but no one that I am aware of is questioning the authenticity and / or accuracy of the released transcript of Lisa Page's congressional testimony.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/transcr...er-before-fbi/

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
        - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
        - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
        - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Certainly not in the context of news about convictions of trump Inner Circle.

let's run with your reply. Do you think the various convictions and guilty pleas of close Trump Associates are some kind of trick or do you think they actually committed the crimes they were convicted and or admitted to?

and because Mueller has been a registered Republican for decades do you think we should have deep suspicions about his involvement in the investigations which led to these convictions and guilty pleas?

for many months now there have been claims that the Mueller investigation is just about to finish up.

perhaps you recall what Giuliani said?

how long ago was that now?
          Special counsel Mueller to end obstruction inquiry by Sept. 1, Giuliani says

By Michael S. Schmidt

5/21/2018

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...ays/ar-AAxySA4

You should start a thread on that.

But your post does touch on something Tucker Carlson said when this whole thing was given the go-ahead. Speaking from memory, I remember him saying something like this: Trump should be very concerned because nobody at that level of government does not have a single skeleton in their closet. Nobody can survive the kind of scrutiny and broad range of permissions Mueller has at his disposal."

So sure, I expected at least SOMETHING to come of this, if only the sort of thing we are actually seeing. His driver had better pray he has not unpaid parking tickets or he could see prison time.
          Last edited by Easy Listener; 03-14-2019, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

If they both testified to contrary things, then one or the other is lying Tom. I have not made any claims as to which one did so. However, we now have multiple sources who have testified under oath that some high ranking people at the FBI thought Clinton should be prosecuted.

Now, let's look at where I used the phrase "the fact that...":

...the fact that AG Lynch had said that she was going to let them make the determination...

That IS indeed a fact Tom, and it can be a fact without any implied insinuation about who lied under oath - that's a completely separate part of the discussion.

AG Lynch did in FACT say she was going to take the recommendations of the FBI and prosecutors. I sat and watched her on TV saying that she was going to let them make the determination myself.

Another fact is, she testified before Congress saying that the FBI never recommended prosecution; Lisa Page testified that they did in fact recommend it, but were told "no" by DOJ prosecutors. That's all a matter of public record. Ergo, one or the other is lying... although again, I have never tried to claim to know for a "fact" as to which one did.

However, if you don't believe me regarding Lynch saying she was going to take the recommendations given to her, maybe you'll believe the New York Times?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/02/u...il-server.html

Or The Hill?

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...ecommendations

Or CNN? Scroll down and you can watch the video for yourself...

https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/01/polit...obe/index.html

Or Bloomberg?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-e-mail-probe

And once again, Lynch, under oath and while testifying to Congress, said that the recommendation was "unanimous" - again, Lisa Page testified that this was not the case - it wasn't unanimous - some high ranking folks at the FBI (such as James Baker) thought Clinton should be prosecuted. Ergo, one or the other lied under oath.

Lynch stressed that she decided to agree to what her “team” of subordinates and career officials recommended and that their recommendation not to pursue charges was unanimous.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...n-email-225415

Hey how about Andrew McCabe? Not the most trustworthy guy I'll admit, but even HE thought the Clinton investigation should have gone to a special prosecutor due to the appearances caused by the Lynch / Clinton tarmac meeting...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcc...pecial-counsel

None of those established facts change the allegations that I mentioned in the OP, which concern what Page said under oath. That was done in closed-door session, so we were basing this on what one GOP congressperson said about those sessions. AG Lynch testified in a public session, so that's a matter of public record. However, the transcripts of what Page said in closed-door sessions have now been released by a second congressperson, making it much less likely that the released information is "fake news." If it isn't an accurate transcript, I would expect the Democrats to be screaming bloody murder right now (and rightfully so...), but no one that I am aware of is questioning the authenticity and / or accuracy of the released transcript of Lisa Page's congressional testimony.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/transcr...er-before-fbi/
            Phil, let's add back in the part that you redacted...

But this angle of the discussion completely leaves out the fact that DOJ ORDERED the FBI to drop it, despite the fact that AG Lynch had said that she was going to let them make the determination due to the appearance of inappropriate ethics caused by the tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton.

the underlined bit is what I referred to.

Your turn...

Is This Thing On?

Comment

I originally said:

But this angle of the discussion completely leaves out the the fact that DOJ ORDERED the FBI to drop it, despite the fact that AG Lynch had said that she was going to let them make the determination due to the appearance of inappropriate ethics caused by the tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton.

I have edited that to now say:

But this angle of the discussion completely leaves out the allegation that DOJ ORDERED the FBI to drop it, despite the fact that AG Lynch had said that she was going to let them make the determination due to the appearance of inappropriate ethics caused by the tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton.

I stand corrected on the first use of the phrase "the fact that", and edited my post accordingly. The second use of the phrase I stand by, as per the comments in my previous post.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
              - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

You should start a thread on that.

But your post does touch on something Tucker Carlson said when this whole thing was given the go-ahead. Speaking from memory, I remember him saying something like this: Trump should be very concerned because nobody at that level of government does not have a single skeleton in their closet. Nobody can survive the kind of scrutiny and broad range of permissions Mueller has at his disposal."

So sure, I expected at least SOMETHING to come of this, if only the sort of thing we are actually seeing. His driver had better pray he has not unpaid parking tickets or he could see prison time.
                My apologies for replying to you in the thick same thread in which you posted rather than starting a completely different thread.

what could I have been thinking?
                😎

Is This Thing On?

Comment

I originally said:

But this angle of the discussion completely leaves out the the fact that DOJ ORDERED the FBI to drop it, despite the fact that AG Lynch had said that she was going to let them make the determination due to the appearance of inappropriate ethics caused by the tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton.

But this angle of the discussion completely leaves out the allegation that DOJ ORDERED the FBI to drop it, despite the fact that AG Lynch had said that she was going to let them make the determination due to the appearance of inappropriate ethics caused by the tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton.

I stand corrected on the first use of the phrase "the fact that", and edited my post accordingly. The second use of the phrase I stand by, as per the comments in my previous post.
                  Very gracious of you Phil.

Is This Thing On?

Comment

I originally said:

Again, none of that changes the fact that the AG said she was going to let the FBI and prosecutors make the determination, and the fact that she testified under oath that the recommendations were unanimous. The allegation is that it wasn't unanimous - and again, one or the other lied under oath. That much we can be certain of.

- George Carlin

Comment

Phil, let's add back in the part that you redacted...
                      For the record, I didn't redact anything - I quoted your post verbatim and replied to it. The system doesn't include the parts you quoted from (my) previous post.

- George Carlin

Comment

My apologies for replying to you in the thick same thread in which you posted rather than starting a completely different thread.

what could I have been thinking?
                        😎
                        The challenge was that you were taking it down a different rabbit hole that deserves it's own thread because, well, it's huge. I could write paragraphs on that subject. Make that pages. But the rain stopped so I have to leave. I just stopped in before leaving or I would not have seen your response...

Comment

For the record, I didn't redact anything - I quoted your post verbatim and replied to it. The system doesn't include the parts you quoted from (my) previous post.

The bit I just posted for you came from the same post as my reply that you objected to.

pick a word or phrase that you prefer instead of redacted.

you chose to highlight your second usage of the phrase instead of the first usage in the very same sentence ( which for whatever reasons you did not refer to when taking me to task) when the context of my remark makes it quite clear I was referring to your thread title.

but if you object to the word redacted I will stipulate omitted or any other similar word that factually describes you not referring to the full sentence you wrote, which I was referring to when you made your wrong assumptions about what I meant.

Is This Thing On?

Comment

The challenge was that you were taking it down a different rabbit hole that deserves it's own thread because, well, it's huge. I could write paragraphs on that subject. Make that pages. But the rain stopped so I have to leave. I just stopped in before leaving or I would not have seen your response...
                            I have indeed read some of your verbose and lengthy replies.

it's quite a talent.

👍

Is This Thing On?

Comment

Originally posted by wallywanker View Post

hope springs eternal indeed ...
                              When you tell the law to back off, you'll have less indictments.
                              "I belong to,a religion that calls for the hatered and stupidity. My religious beliefs doesn't allow me to serve Trumplethinskin or his trumpanzees"- oldsoapbars

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Figgy View Post

When you tell the law to back off, you'll have less indictments.
                                How's that working out for the Don?

Zip
                                665 - Neighbor of the Beast

Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

Comment

Working...
                                X