Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post

Larry, how about a link to that, man?
    Really.
    Your experts, oh- and the sheriff, too. What sheriff?
    sheriff joe. larry's so called experts are idiots. and dont know what a printout of a microfiche image looks like.

Comment

My issue in general with the viewpoints I have observed from LL is that it appears to support the notion of America becoming a theocracy.

I personally envision such a view as both misguided and dangerous. The very thought of an American Inquisition (based on the model of The Spanish Inquisition) absolutely makes my skin crawl.

One can easily observe what the quality of life in a theocracy is by what Iran has become. They have even been known to refer to their political system as “The Government of God”.
      Originally posted by GTRMAN;n31424311

The hijacking of the Republican party by the religious right really did send the party into a tailspin of fundamentalism and black/white politics. It's really scary how it transformed the party.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post

There is delicious irony in the relationship between progressives and conservatives.

but first a thumbnail sketch of each. Progressives are interested in new things which could make life and Society better.

conservatives think the old tried-and-true and tested ways are best and let's not mess around with that stuff.

now let's move from Theory to practicality.

progressives eliminated legal human slavery in this country. Progressives gave women the vote.

and then observe what happens with the passage of time. That which was considered Progressive becomes the status quo.

and of course conservatives support the status quo. How many conservatives today call for a return of human slavery or the abolition of the franchise for females?

so when you stop and think about it what's the real difference between progressives and conservatives?

50-100 years.
        It is clear to me that you know very little about history.

Comment

One of the most interesting thing about reading science fiction are the various what if scenarios the author's posit and then play out various possibilities.

Robert Heinlein wrote a novella in the 40s If This Goes On, that explored the idea of the United States becoming a theocracy under a dictator who called himself a Prophet of God.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_This_Goes_On—

this is not a direction we want to be heading as a nation. Religious fanaticism is dangerous.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Originally posted by -NPC- View Post

It is clear to me that you know very little about history.
            I suppose you are entitled to think that anything you want is clear to you.

just bear in mind that it's not mandatory on anybody else to agree with you.

but thanks for sharing anyway.
            😏

Is This Thing On?

Comment

Seriously. You could point out the correlation between animals eating their young and abortion. The more progressive we become as a society the more debased and animalistic our actions and thinking become. As we advance, our ability and perhaps our desire to control ourselves diminishes. This could lead to an interesting section on the loss of religion too. The more we evolve as a society the less religious we become, just like the animals.
              Ah, dood, you've totally broken character. Do you really want to read a long lecture from me about evolution, religion, proto-religious activities such as moon worship and rain dances among the more intelligent mammals, benign traits vs deadly, agriculture, medicine, and how humans are not subject to natural selection??
              Last edited by arcadesonfire; 03-15-2019, 09:57 AM.
              My band!:
              www.steelphantoms.com/
              my stage stuff:
              fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post

Ah, dood, you've totally broken character. Do you really want to read a long lecture from me about evolution, religion, proto-religious activities such as moon worship and rain dances among the more intelligent mammals, benign traits vs deadly, agriculture, medicine, and how humans are not subject to natural selection??
                In your studies have you come across any lower mammals (animals) that are religious or value life?
                I find it somewhat amusing that you, and many others, justify homosexuality by pointing out that animals sometimes receive sexual pleasure from like animals of the same sex. Does this also justify peadophilia and incest to you?
                Last edited by -NPC-; 03-15-2019, 10:03 AM.

Comment

In your studies have you come across any lower mammals (animals) that are religious or value life?
                  I find it somewhat amusing that you, and many others, justify homosexuality by pointing out that animals sometimes receive sexual pleasure from like animals of the same sex. Does this also justify peadophilia and incest to you?
                  Your comment about pedophilia opens the door to discussing the Jeffrey Epstein case.

here's what Donald Trump said about his pedo friend.

“I’ve known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it, Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7631891.html

Is This Thing On?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post
                    One of the most interesting thing about reading science fiction are the various what if scenarios the author's posit and then play out various possibilities.

Robert Heinlein wrote a novella in the 40s If This Goes On, that explored the idea of the United States becoming a theocracy under a dictator who called himself a Prophet of God.

Tom, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    This is the Second Coming; isn't it?
                    I knew it!
                    To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

• Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post

Tom, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                      This is the Second Coming; isn't it?
                      I knew it!
                      and what's the address on that Kushner building on 5th Avenue?

OMG!!!

Is This Thing On?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post

Your comment about pedophilia opens the door to discussing the Jeffrey Epstein case.

here's what Donald Trump said about his pedo friend.

“I’ve known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it, Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7631891.html

I get the feeling that you like to shift gears when the topic you bring up bites you in the butt. Pedophilia is the next advancement for the progressives. I suppose in 50-100 years the next generation will find it normal, like you said earlier.

I too am looking forward to the exposure regarding the Epstein scandal.

Comment

• Originally posted by LARRY L View Post
                          Personally I have seen first hand communities destroyed when certain ethnics came in with a lower standard of morals.
                          Which "ethnics" have low morals, and which "ethnics" have high morals?

Comment

• Originally posted by BA.Barcolounger View Post
                            Originally posted by LARRY L View Post
                            Personally I have seen first hand communities destroyed when certain ethnics came in with a lower standard of morals.
                            Which "ethnics" have low morals, and which "ethnics" have high morals?
                            Originally posted by BA.Barcolounger View Post

I get the feeling that you like to shift gears when the topic you bring up bites you in the butt. Pedophilia is the next advancement for the progressives. I suppose in 50-100 years the next generation will find it normal, like you said earlier.

Link or retract.
                            I am still waiting on replies to these two posts.
                            Last edited by BA.Barcolounger; 03-18-2019, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -NPC- View Post

Really?

Or maybe it's a $15/hr min wage and Medicare for All.

Flag a Post
                              The Report has been sent.
                              [OK]

Comment

• Originally posted by -NPC- View Post

People who like to talk about their feelings are less logical in my experience.

and this is confirmed by the silly stuff you say.

but I'm willing to see just how deep you want to dig this hole that you're in.

Pedophilia is the next advancement for the progressives.

that's quite a fantasy you have there. Were you a believer of the disgraced Comet Ping Pong Pizza pedophile theories?

just trying to find out how deep down the rabbit hole You Are.

__________________________________________________

Is This Thing On?

Comment

Working...
                                X