X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox News

Best story of the week:
    This is why you should watch, folks.
    Educate yourself.
    When you meet Pete, be sure to say "thanks" and shake his hand.

Fox News host Pete Hegseth has confessed on air that he has not washed his hands for 10 years because "germs are not a real thing".

Speaking on Fox and Friends, Hegseth said the infectious micro-organisms did not exist because they could not be seen with the naked eye.

And now back to your regularly scheduled HCPP threads about how stupid the lefties are.
    To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

they are so sciency over there at FOX

Comment

• Mister Badger
      Mister Badger commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, "Creation Sciency"

looks like he hasn't washed that greasy hair in years either.

Comment

• RogueGnome
      RogueGnome commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't brushed my teeth since Hillary Clinton went to jail.

That must mean Donald's tax returns don't exist, because we can't see them either.

Is this what they mean by "out of sight - out of mind"?

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

• Mister Badger
      Mister Badger commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish he was out of my sight, because he's out of his mind.

Interesting to say the least.

While I am not a germophobe an feel the need to constantly wash my hands, I do so after certain activities such as...well...you know.

I also agree that our society has become too...clean (?).

I often do not wash my hands prior to a meal unless I have touched something that I think will cause issues. I do wash prior to making a meal and even after handling meats.

I do believe we are reducing our resistance to certain bacteria just with all the sanitizers and such that people use. Hospitals have issues with MRSA and such because they have done so much sanitizing that the germs that survive are much hardier than if they simply washed with regular soap and water.

Perhaps he is just following the middle ground and not washing everytime he touches something, not sanitizing his hands everytime he passes a sanitizer, etc...

Or maybe he just washes in the shower and says: "Screw it, they are clean enough!"

No excuse for the lack of existence of microorganisms because he cannot see them. That smacks of parents who do not inoculate their children because the inoculations "are harmful".

Anyone else hear about teens of parents who refused to inoculate them are asking to be inoculated without their parent's permission? I heard about this this morning. Good for them.
    Sprinkles are for winners...

Comment

I monitor Fox News as much as I monitor CNN. Fox News has something called "Fox Nation". It's six bucks a month. "Daily Live Shows. Exclusive Specials. Fox Nation - Opinion Done Right."

I wouldn't give CNN six bucks a month for opinions either. But even if I wanted to I don't see any way to sign up for "Opinions Done Left" and have the honor of giving CNN six bucks.

Zip
      665 - Neighbor of the Beast

Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

Comment

A dog gets more information from smelling poop than a human can get from watching fox news.

IMO

Comment

Originally posted by gp2112 View Post
          Interesting to say the least.

While I am not a germophobe an feel the need to constantly wash my hands, I do so after certain activities such as...well...you know.

I also agree that our society has become too...clean (?).

I often do not wash my hands prior to a meal unless I have touched something that I think will cause issues. I do wash prior to making a meal and even after handling meats.

I do believe we are reducing our resistance to certain bacteria just with all the sanitizers and such that people use. Hospitals have issues with MRSA and such because they have done so much sanitizing that the germs that survive are much hardier than if they simply washed with regular soap and water.

Perhaps he is just following the middle ground and not washing everytime he touches something, not sanitizing his hands everytime he passes a sanitizer, etc...

Or maybe he just washes in the shower and says: "Screw it, they are clean enough!"

No excuse for the lack of existence of microorganisms because he cannot see them. That smacks of parents who do not inoculate their children because the inoculations "are harmful".

Anyone else hear about teens of parents who refused to inoculate them are asking to be inoculated without their parent's permission? I heard about this this morning. Good for them.
          middle ground?
          Hasn't washed his hands in 10 years?
          He must be really constipated.
          (BTW, I agree with you about hand sanitizers.)

from the original link:
          According to a scientific study published by the US National Center for Biotechnology Information, one gram (0.03oz) of human faeces - about the weight of a paper clip - can contain one trillion germs.

Comment

Gawd, I hope he never subs in the cafeteria.
            Government
            Of
            Putin
            Originally posted by nedezero1;
            Good. More lib fake news correspondents need to be assaulted when they get too pushy.
            http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...nches-reporter

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
              Best story of the week:
              This is why you should watch, folks.
              Educate yourself.
              When you meet Pete, be sure to say "thanks" and shake his hand.

Fox News host Pete Hegseth has confessed on air that he has not washed his hands for 10 years because "germs are not a real thing".

Speaking on Fox and Friends, Hegseth said the infectious micro-organisms did not exist because they could not be seen with the naked eye.

And now back to your regularly scheduled HCPP threads about how stupid the lefties are.

If true, my reaction is "how ignorant", coupled with a big helping of "eewwww.... "

However, if you read the rest of the article, it appears he may not have been totally serious when he made that statement:

Mr Hegseth later told USA Today that his remarks were intended to be a joke.

"We live in a society where people walk around with bottles of Purell (a hand sanitiser) in their pockets, and they sanitise 19,000 times a day as if that's going to save their life," he said.

"I take care of myself and all that, but I don't obsess over everything all the time."

Of the public reaction, he said it was ridiculous how people took things so "literally and seriously" so that their "heads explode".

Personally, while I realize it's probably not going to "save my life", I'm keeping my bottle of Purell - I think it just might reduce my odds of getting sick when I go to NAMM... and if it does that, it's good enough for me - it might not be life-saving, but it's certainly beats getting sick.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
              - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
              - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
              - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

*note to self...never shake Pete Hegseth's hand*
                Guns Over People

I pledge my allegiance to David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

If true, my reaction is "how ignorant", coupled with a big helping of "eewwww.... "

However, if you read the rest of the article, it appears he may not have been totally serious when he made that statement:

Mr Hegseth later told USA Today that his remarks were intended to be a joke.

"We live in a society where people walk around with bottles of Purell (a hand sanitiser) in their pockets, and they sanitise 19,000 times a day as if that's going to save their life," he said.

"I take care of myself and all that, but I don't obsess over everything all the time."

Of the public reaction, he said it was ridiculous how people took things so "literally and seriously" so that their "heads explode".

Personally, while I realize it's probably not going to "save my life", I'm keeping my bottle of Purell - I think it just might reduce my odds of getting sick when I go to NAMM... and if it does that, it's good enough for me - it might not be life-saving, but it's certainly beats getting sick.
                  yeah, I read it. The whole thing.
                  That’s what he said to USA Today AFTER the public reaction to his earlier remarks at Fox.
                  And as I said to gp2112, I agree about the deleterious risks of over-use of Purell and related products.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
                    middle ground?
                    Hasn't washed his hands in 10 years?
                    He must be really constipated.
                    (BTW, I agree with you about hand sanitizers.)

from the original link:
                    According to a scientific study published by the US National Center for Biotechnology Information, one gram (0.03oz) of human faeces - about the weight of a paper clip - can contain one trillion germs.
                    The problem is he is not specific and it leads the reader to believe that his hands have not touched water in ten years. I could be wrong but I think he may be saying that he is not a habitual hand washer, using products such as sanitizers, and he does not feel the need to wash his hands with soap and water every time he touches something.

Again: I could be wrong.

As for Phil and his bottle of Purell at NAMM? I can understand why he would do that. Hell, I, a person who does not get queasy easily and admittedly does not feel the need to wash all the time, look at the Super Bowl trophy after a game and wonder about all the germs on it as they pass it around and kiss it. I would feel the need to sanitize my hands after handling that.
                    Sprinkles are for winners...

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post
                      That must mean Donald's tax returns don't exist, because we can't see them either.

Is this what they mean by "out of sight - out of mind"?
                      You mean the tax "returns" the IRS has in its possession?

Comment

• Tom Hicks
                        Tom Hicks commented
                        Editing a comment
                        how do we know that the returns even exist? Since like germs they are invisible.

and sarcasm, how does it work?

Originally posted by nedezero1 View Post

You mean the tax "returns" the IRS has in its possession?
                      Yes those returns. The ones that trump is hiding.

I wonder which, if any, of the investigations will subpoena the returns.

Comment

• Tom Hicks
                        Tom Hicks commented
                        Editing a comment
                        and as much as those tax returns contain information related to possible criminal activities by Donald, they sure will be.

And rightly so.
                    Working...
                    X