Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is why "The Wall" is dumb as ****

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who here is afraid of people who speak Spanish? Raise your hands.

UmHmm. Thought so. Quite predictable.

The last illegal immigrant I've seen was a guy from Ireland who was plastering ceilings. Pretty sure he didn't get here via Texas.

Zip
    665 - Neighbor of the Beast

Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zipperhead View Post

The last illegal immigrant I've seen was a guy from Ireland who was plastering ceilings. Pretty sure he didn't get here via Texas.

Zip
      The painter who lives near me hires illegal immigrants. They are all Eastern European (Albania, Serbs and Pole mostly). From what I can glean, they came across the southern border. They "snuck" in from Windsor.

Comment

Zip

Come to my workplace in SoCal. The majority of the workers here were at one time, or are, illegal. How do I know? They tell me.

TBH I don't have issue with it, they do a good job, but to infer that there are not a lot of Spanish speaking illegals in this country is disingenuous and naive.
        Sprinkles are for winners...

Comment

Zip

Come to my workplace in SoCal. The majority of the workers here were at one time, or are, illegal. How do I know? They tell me.

TBH I don't have issue with it, they do a good job, but to infer that there are not a lot of Spanish speaking illegals in this country is disingenuous and/or naive.
          Sprinkles are for winners...

Comment

Anyone who is against the wall should have the front door to their houses removed.

Comment

• Tom Hicks
              Tom Hicks commented
              Editing a comment
              This is already been happening for weeks now. The door police are a bunch of savage jack-booted GOP Nazis.

Hope you guys are proud of yourselves...

• jorhay1
              jorhay1 commented
              Editing a comment
              @Tom
              Not to ‘link?’ you, but I would like to read about this.

Originally posted by Yakburger View Post
            As history has shown countless times, a wall is a useless deterrent against a determined assailant.
            What history?

The pesky Berlin wall was pretty effective until they tore it down. If walls didn't work, they wouldn't have needed to tear it down.

Comment

• Tom Hicks
              Tom Hicks commented
              Editing a comment
              Zombie Reagan says mr. Gorbatrump tear down that wall.

• oldsoapbars
              oldsoapbars commented
              Editing a comment
              Was it the wall or all the guard towers?

Say nede. When are you going to send in my portion for the wall. I don't want a dime of my taxes to pay for the donument

Comment

Originally posted by nedezero1 View Post

What history?

The pesky Berlin wall was pretty effective until they tore it down. If walls didn't work, they wouldn't have needed to tear it down.
              It was not the wall that keep people from climbing over. It was the machine guns.
              If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
              Joseph Goebbels

Comment

• RogueGnome
                RogueGnome commented
                Editing a comment
                machine guns- yeah, they've been known to slow folks down.

Originally posted by Into Nation View Post
              We need Trumps vision of "The Wall" and make sure that its not this. We only get kindergarten explanation, and no wonder it won't pass muster.

Our Govt. needs to get into the weeds and figure out what, where and how much - and stop holding the economy and people hostage. SO FKN DUMB.

https://www.facebook.com/theriverand...6883399753798/
              No cursing please - especially not in thread titles.

At least try to disguise it better....

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
              - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
              - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
              - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

What history?

You really want us to emulate East Germany?

While you're on the subject, what kind of staffing did that wall require? How much would such staffing cost us?

A true conservative would want to know what the whole project will cost to build and what the finished product will cost for its maintenance and operation. Somehow, I'm not hearing those questions from fans of the president or his over-simple slogan.
              !

Comment

Son we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns...
                "Plunk your Magic Twanger, Froggy". Andy Devine

Comment

• Tom Hicks
                  Tom Hicks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  are you disappointed that Donald has been unable to get funding for the wall?

Oh well, life goes on...

• EdBega
                  EdBega commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself, to a man who rises and sleeps, under the blanket ...

What history?

The history of mankind.

The pesky Berlin wall was not thousands of miles long so it's entire length could be manned with armed soldiers with the orders to shoot anyone trying to cross. Trump hasn't reached that level of depravity yet but I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Plus the US/Mexican border is far too great in length to realistically man it with guards ordered to shoot anyone in sight.

trumpers have to just accept the fact that the horrible brown people are going to come to this country whether you want them to or not.
                Last edited by Yakburger; 01-18-2019, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arf-boy View Post

You really want us to emulate East Germany?

While you're on the subject, what kind of staffing did that wall require? How much would such staffing cost us?

A true conservative would want to know what the whole project will cost to build and what the finished product will cost for its maintenance and operation. Somehow, I'm not hearing those questions from fans of the president or his over-simple slogan.
                  East Germany employed just under ten soldiers per mile for the wall between the two countries. This was in addition to the urban Berlin Wall, which may have needed more personnel.

Extrapolate that to two thousand miles. Sounds like about four aircraft carriers' worth of troops to keep people from committing a decreasing number of misdemeanors. Maybe Trump could just direct a couple of aircraft carriers to sail up the Rio Grande and we'd be safe. Entirely possible if you know more than any general (or admiral).
                  "It's faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money."

Tom T. Hall

Comment

Beheadings...coming soon to a neighborhood near you

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/loc...cc4c03286.html
                    Last edited by EdBega; 01-18-2019, 12:40 PM.
                    "Plunk your Magic Twanger, Froggy". Andy Devine

Comment

Originally posted by Yakburger View Post

The history of mankind.

The pesky Berlin wall was not thousands of miles long so it's entire length could be manned with armed soldiers with the orders to shoot anyone trying to cross. Trump hasn't reached that level of depravity yet but I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Plus the US/Mexican border is far too great in length to realistically man it with guards ordered to shoot anyone in sight.

trumpers have to just accept the fact that the horrible brown people are going to come to this country whether you want them to or not.
                      Such projection means lack of a coherent argument.

What's worse is it's based on intellectually dishonest premises like anyone really thinks a coast-to-coast wall is possible.

You claim walls don't work. I proved they do most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X