Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

$15/Hr Minimum Wage, Dems are poised to make a statement.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LARRY L View Post
    Forget the links and the news reports, how about some real world business owners who have to hire in non skilled workers? Are there any out there to comment?
    Don't waste your time and energy on these dolts. They are clueless. It's better for everyone if you spend that time sending an email to your congressman and tell them instead of the couple dozen know nothing indoctrinated unicorn chasers on this forum.

Comment

• Daehtihs
      Daehtihs commented
      Editing a comment
      Unicorn chasers LOL!!!!!

• LARRY L
      LARRY L commented
      Editing a comment
      Perhaps you are right. My point was wisdom and knowledge can actually be found without a smart phone.

Originally posted by capitalist View Post

What data did you use to conclude that $9.50 would be a good current minimum wage?
    CPI since the last increase.
    Lease this space!

Comment

Originally posted by SteinbergerHack View Post
      The last increase was under GW Bush, so we're due.

$15/hour is idiotic, and would be destructive to much of the country. $9.50 would be a good level for today.
      Did you skip over the word "gradually" in the OP?

They are not proposing to jump to $15 all at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Figgy View Post

Don't waste your time and energy on these dolts. They are clueless. It's better for everyone if you spend that time sending an email to your congressman and tell them instead of the couple dozen know nothing indoctrinated unicorn chasers on this forum.
        LAST WARNING Uncle Figgy... stop calling people names, or you're going to get another temp ban.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
        - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
        - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
        - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by erok123 View Post

Link?
          If he "saw it on the news" he might not be able to provide a link as requested. At least not if by "saw it on the news" he means TV.

However, he can search for a link that provides the same information elsewhere... or at the very least, tell us what channel / network he saw the story on - which he has done.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
          - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

If he "saw it on the news" he might not be able to provide a link as requested. At least not if by "saw it on the news" he means TV.

However, he can search for a link that provides the same information elsewhere... or at the very least, tell us what channel / network he saw the story on - which he has done.
            So, we've actually reached the point where,if I heard a news story yesterday but forgot which channel it was on, I'm not allowed to say that I heard the news story yesterday? Has it really come to that?

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post

So, we've actually reached the point where,if I heard a news story yesterday but forgot which channel it was on, I'm not allowed to say that I heard the news story yesterday? Has it really come to that?
              If you're going to make a factual claim, then you need to be ready to substantiate it with a link if someone requests it. You can't really always do that with something you see on TV, but at the BARE MINIMUM you can at least say what channel/network and show you saw it on; if you can't do even that, then no, you probably shouldn't mention it.

Larry edited his post and provided a relevant link, even though it's not directly to the story he saw on TV. He also mentioned what network he saw the story on. Between the two, that's good enough for me.

- George Carlin

Comment

If you're going to make a factual claim, then you need to be ready to substantiate it with a link if someone requests it. You can't really always do that with something you see on TV, but at the BARE MINIMUM you can at least say what channel/network and show you saw it on; if you can't do even that, then no, you probably shouldn't mention it.

Larry edited his post and provided a relevant link, even though it's not directly to the story he saw on TV. He also mentioned what network he saw the story on. Between the two, that's good enough for me.
                OK, so it HAS come to that. My seeing this as a "water cooler" discussion is no longer the correct paradigm.
                Last edited by Easy Listener; 01-17-2019, 03:35 PM.

Comment

I was able to provide a link no problem.

That's means I can call his unproven assertions baloney.
                  Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.

Comment

as long as wages never increase, companies will never use automation.
                    {O,O}
                    (__(\
                    " "

Comment

LAST WARNING Uncle Figgy... stop calling people names, or you're going to get another temp ban.
                      I'm sorry.

I apologize if I offended anyone that may feel my post was unkind.
                      I need to slow down when I'm agitated. I forget my manners. I do not intend to hurt feelings, but I'm sure I do sometimes. I will try not to do that.
                      Last edited by Uncle Figgy; 01-17-2019, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Just think...the lower and middle class might be able to afford a home!
                      Guns Over People

I pledge my allegiance to David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LARRY L View Post
                        I just saw in the news how bad the $15/hr is hurting NYC. They are cutting hours, raising prices and hiring fewer people.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/07/16/...dining-sector/
                        Saw similar story (on OAN network) yesterday that you mentioned seeing on FOX. CBS is also citing the story and they lean left imo...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...ke-hitting-15/
                        Last edited by EdBega; 01-17-2019, 04:31 PM.
                        "Plunk your Magic Twanger, Froggy". Andy Devine

Comment

Originally posted by erok123 View Post

I was able to provide a link no problem.

That's means I can call his unproven assertions baloney.
                          So personal testimony, as in real life experience means nothing? You can call me a lair that's your choice.

Do we surrender all authority on truth to the few who are only in high media positions?

Phil has asked for less parroting and to speak for ourselves. We all are worthy of giving personal opinions based on real life experiences. I am not saying I have all the truth in this, but is it not good to hear what is reported from a cross section of the country rather than only paid spoke persons who many are isolated from the heartland.

Comment

• erok123
                            erok123 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It means I don't blindly believe you. There is some evidence to dispute your claim in the link I posted.

In my opinion not all jobs and not all workers warrant $15 an hour...
                          "Plunk your Magic Twanger, Froggy". Andy Devine

Comment

Working...
                          X