Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you find the new IK piece of gear coming soon in this video?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you find the new IK piece of gear coming soon in this video?

IK Multimedia just released a teaser video for a product they're announcing tomorrow.

Anyone want to take a guess as to what it is?

My guess? It looks like a rackmount guitar processor of some sort.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
    - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
    - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Guitar interface?
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
      Phil O'Keefe commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like you were correct...

Need more info.
    Winning an argument with a smart person is difficult. Winning an argument with a stupid person is damn near impossible.

Comment

Hot woman attracter beam?
      Beer dispenser?
      Butt tickler?
      Blunt roller?

Comment

Just an observation, I wouldn't name my company IK. Too close to ICK. One of those "optics" things in product promotion.
        "It's faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money."

Tom T. Hall

Comment

Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post
          Hot woman attracter beam?
          I don't think it's a product for drummers, but I don't have any more hard info than you do....

Beer dispenser?
          Butt tickler?
          Blunt roller?
          I'm going to go out on a limb and say.... probably not.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
          - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

They just sent me a picture too... it's supposed to be in this photo somewhere.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Studio Setup_2 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	519.4 KB
ID:	32452313

Most likely the unit in the sixth rack space down from the top... don't bother trying to zoom in on it - I just did, and you can't tell what it is or get any more details from the photo.

- George Carlin

Comment

Speaker sim?

Comment

Originally posted by Daehtihs View Post
                Speaker sim?
                A reasonable guess... it's certainly possible.

- George Carlin

Comment

What's that on top of the rack box? Looks first in line from the guitar. Also looks like the speaker mic goes into it as well.
                  Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Originally posted by 1001gear View Post
                    What's that on top of the rack box? Looks first in line from the guitar. Also looks like the speaker mic goes into it as well.
                    I think that's it, the little black box. Recording interface??

Or more likely recording/live interface maybe with built in IK effects.
                    Last edited by Into Nation; 01-16-2019, 12:28 PM.
                    http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

Comment

I am going with some sort of attenuator/interface to run an amp wide open without external sound. straight into the computer through the interface.

Comment

Originally posted by Into Nation View Post

I think that's it, the little black box. Recording interface??

Or more likely recording/live interface maybe with built in IK effects.
                        Well here 'tis.

https://www.harmonycentral.com/forum...4#post32452724

and more detail from SW

Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Looks like a nice unit for sure! I like the dedicated foot pedals for one man band sessions. I'm a little skeptical about some of guitar specific aural processing.

Comment

$350 a pretty good price considering it comes with Amplitube 4 Deluxe. Sells for $179.
                            http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

Comment

Working...
                            X