Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the ultimate Music gear scored in 2018 ?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the ultimate Music gear scored in 2018 ?

I bought a couple of Crate Power Blocks and two more VHT Valvulator 1's to add some more tube tone for my digital effects.

What was yours ?
    How many guitarists does it take to screw in a lightbulb ? Five , one to screw it in , hit the switch and four to sit around bragging how much better they could have done it !!!! 😱👹😲

I finally ditched my last tube amp (a 12 Watt combo with a single 10" speaker) and replaced it with a Boss Katana-50
    Every worm, every insect, every animal is working
    for the ecological wellbeing of the planet.

Only we humans, who claim to be the most intelligent
    species here, are not doing that. ~Sadhguru

Comment

I picked up a showroom condition Yamaha CP-80 with the original Yamaha speaker from a lady in Penticton for $500!
      Even came with the original bill of sale. They bought it in 1984 for nearly $6,000 and it sat in their living room the entire time.
      Deal of the decade for me.

A couple of months ago I purchased a Yamaha CP-60M in mint shape for $1600 including shipping to the Yukon, so that was a good one too. Would love to get my hands on a CP-80M but they are as rare as hens teeth. There's something about the CP-80/70 that I absolutely love.

I have several keyboards including a Kurz and Oasys which can give me really amazing Rhodes and Wurly sounds so I never had a need for one of those, but ive never had anything give me an accurate CP-70/80 for more than one octave. The Kurz has a decent sample but as soon as you eave middle C octave, it turns to chit.
      Originally posted by Daryl Flynn;n32409120
      There is no chance of Trump losing. Deep down you know this.

Daryl Flynn - Dec 3 2018

Comment

Didn't buy anything in '18. In fact I downsized a bit by selling a D-35 out of the tribe.
        tRump is NO star player. The ball simply bounced in his direction.

Comment

Nothing spectacular...found a "Stadium" brand clone of a Gretsch 6120 in a pawn shop with a busted pot but otherwise in brand-new condition for $200. Headstock snobs may not approve, but I don't care! It does the Gretsch thing quite well, plays and sounds great.

Had a good year of finding parts and pieces for my frankencasters at yard sales, pawn shops, resale stores, &c. I enjoy putting together decent instruments out of parts. I either sell 'em cheap or use 'em for barter goods (traded a strat copy for a full cord of seasoned hardwood, cut and split, delivered and stacked!). Looking at donating some to the local school system's music program.

Won't get it until well into 2019, but I commissioned forumite Freeman Keller to build a custom OM for me (there's a build thread on HCAG board now---go check it out).
          I not only resent the allegation, I resent the alligator!

Comment

The best deal? Either the Egnater Tweeker ($200) or a new Seagull 12 string ($400 with HSC, strap and 2 sets of strings (Sweetwater has them for $450 just the guitar)).

Comment

Found a baritone guitar -- FrankenTele. Straightened out hum and tone-suck issues with pedals by buying new power supplies.
              !

Comment

A lot this year.

The biggest purchase was 2 Yamaha DXR 15 mains and an Allen Heath mixer.
                Beyond that, I traded a Strat for 2 Tele style guitars - one Fernandes mij, and one custom built.

Oh, and a made in Italy accordion. I am enjoying it, even though the learning curve is ridiculously steep for me.

I sold a resonator and my old pa system.

Comment

Got 3 Cino overdrives. Major tone score 100 bucks give or take.
                  Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

I got a presonus RML 32 digital mixer and CS18 control surface. A new MBP running logic pro X - studio one 4, and FCP. and a mortatone AB763 style amp with reverb.

Comment

Originally posted by moogerfooger View Post
                      I got a presonus RML 32 digital mixer and CS18 control surface. A new MBP running logic pro X - studio one 4, and FCP. and a mortatone AB763 style amp with reverb.
                      I remember when Mort was just getting started and was asking me questions.

Now he's so far beyond my meager accomplishments, I'm embarrassed. I need to up my game.
                      I not only resent the allegation, I resent the alligator!

Comment

Originally posted by AJ6stringsting View Post
                        I bought a couple of Crate Power Blocks and two more VHT Valvulator 1's to add some more tube tone for my digital effects.

What was yours ?
                        I've got a Crate Power Block. It works amazingly well, but in an effort to downsize & simplify mobility, it didn't work. No effects & requires a speaker cab.
                        ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
                        Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

• AJ6stringsting
                          AJ6stringsting commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I like the fact , that I don't need to lug around power amps and just run my DigiTech 2112 SGS through the Power Blocks.
                          I can power up 16 12in. speakers and deliver the goods.

Didn't buy a lot. So either the used Gretsch 5120 (MIK version of the 6120) that had already been upgraded w/ new tuners, bridge, and TV Jones filtertrons for $500, or the bitchin red sparkle telecaster (squier) for $130 delivered. Already tweakin the squier...

Also bought a class-D power amp for the band PA. 800 watts, single rack space, weighs 9 lbs, $150. Has about 12 hours on it with no issues. Replaces a Crown amp that was 600 watts, and 45 lbs. The crown went into the home studio, replacing a Nady 100-watt amp that was kinda noisy.

Comment

I think I bought some strings early last year. Oh, last Christmas I got a humidifier for the Taylor but it doesn’t seem to help. Maybe it’s off to the shop for it this year.

Comment

• AJ6stringsting
                            AJ6stringsting commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks for reminding me !!!! ....
                            I gotta get a humidifier for Fender 12 string acoustic.

• Yakburger
                            Yakburger commented
                            Editing a comment
                            NO AJ. I have this 710CE that I bought off a guy that was really hard up for cash. It has really high action so I thought I'd give it a while with the humidifier to see if it helps but no dice. I guess it's got to have the neck shimmed. It is a Taylor but I don't have the original BOS so I'll have to pay to fix it.

Got it:

A gross of Tortex picks for ~$5.00. I bought 3 gross

Comment

Working...
                          X