Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the ultimate Music gear scored in 2018 ?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the ultimate Music gear scored in 2018 ?

I bought a couple of Crate Power Blocks and two more VHT Valvulator 1's to add some more tube tone for my digital effects.

What was yours ?
    How many guitarists does it take to screw in a lightbulb ? Five , one to screw it in , hit the switch and four to sit around bragging how much better they could have done it !!!! 😱👹😲

I finally ditched my last tube amp (a 12 Watt combo with a single 10" speaker) and replaced it with a Boss Katana-50
    "Isn't it a pity, isn't it a shame,
    how we break each other's hearts
    and cause each other pain"

Comment

I picked up a showroom condition Yamaha CP-80 with the original Yamaha speaker from a lady in Penticton for $500!
      Even came with the original bill of sale. They bought it in 1984 for nearly $6,000 and it sat in their living room the entire time.
      Deal of the decade for me.

A couple of months ago I purchased a Yamaha CP-60M in mint shape for $1600 including shipping to the Yukon, so that was a good one too. Would love to get my hands on a CP-80M but they are as rare as hens teeth. There's something about the CP-80/70 that I absolutely love.

I have several keyboards including a Kurz and Oasys which can give me really amazing Rhodes and Wurly sounds so I never had a need for one of those, but ive never had anything give me an accurate CP-70/80 for more than one octave. The Kurz has a decent sample but as soon as you eave middle C octave, it turns to chit.
      Originally posted by Daryl Flynn;n32409120
      There is no chance of Trump losing. Deep down you know this.

Daryl Flynn - Dec 3 2018

Comment

Didn't buy anything in '18. In fact I downsized a bit by selling a D-35 out of the tribe.
        ʻAʻohe pā nou!
        Viva la 116th congress.

Comment

Nothing spectacular...found a "Stadium" brand clone of a Gretsch 6120 in a pawn shop with a busted pot but otherwise in brand-new condition for $200. Headstock snobs may not approve, but I don't care! It does the Gretsch thing quite well, plays and sounds great.

Had a good year of finding parts and pieces for my frankencasters at yard sales, pawn shops, resale stores, &c. I enjoy putting together decent instruments out of parts. I either sell 'em cheap or use 'em for barter goods (traded a strat copy for a full cord of seasoned hardwood, cut and split, delivered and stacked!). Looking at donating some to the local school system's music program.

Won't get it until well into 2019, but I commissioned forumite Freeman Keller to build a custom OM for me (there's a build thread on HCAG board now---go check it out).
          I not only resent the allegation, I resent the alligator!

Comment

The best deal? Either the Egnater Tweeker ($200) or a new Seagull 12 string ($400 with HSC, strap and 2 sets of strings (Sweetwater has them for $450 just the guitar)).

Comment

Found a baritone guitar -- FrankenTele. Straightened out hum and tone-suck issues with pedals by buying new power supplies.
              !

Comment

A lot this year.

The biggest purchase was 2 Yamaha DXR 15 mains and an Allen Heath mixer.
                Beyond that, I traded a Strat for 2 Tele style guitars - one Fernandes mij, and one custom built.

Oh, and a made in Italy accordion. I am enjoying it, even though the learning curve is ridiculously steep for me.

I sold a resonator and my old pa system.

Comment

Got 3 Cino overdrives. Major tone score 100 bucks give or take.
                  Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

I got a presonus RML 32 digital mixer and CS18 control surface. A new MBP running logic pro X - studio one 4, and FCP. and a mortatone AB763 style amp with reverb.

Comment

Originally posted by moogerfooger View Post
                      I got a presonus RML 32 digital mixer and CS18 control surface. A new MBP running logic pro X - studio one 4, and FCP. and a mortatone AB763 style amp with reverb.
                      I remember when Mort was just getting started and was asking me questions.

Now he's so far beyond my meager accomplishments, I'm embarrassed. I need to up my game.
                      I not only resent the allegation, I resent the alligator!

Comment

Originally posted by AJ6stringsting View Post
                        I bought a couple of Crate Power Blocks and two more VHT Valvulator 1's to add some more tube tone for my digital effects.

What was yours ?
                        I've got a Crate Power Block. It works amazingly well, but in an effort to downsize & simplify mobility, it didn't work. No effects & requires a speaker cab.
                        ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
                        Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

• AJ6stringsting
                          AJ6stringsting commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I like the fact , that I don't need to lug around power amps and just run my DigiTech 2112 SGS through the Power Blocks.
                          I can power up 16 12in. speakers and deliver the goods.

Didn't buy a lot. So either the used Gretsch 5120 (MIK version of the 6120) that had already been upgraded w/ new tuners, bridge, and TV Jones filtertrons for $500, or the bitchin red sparkle telecaster (squier) for $130 delivered. Already tweakin the squier...

Also bought a class-D power amp for the band PA. 800 watts, single rack space, weighs 9 lbs, $150. Has about 12 hours on it with no issues. Replaces a Crown amp that was 600 watts, and 45 lbs. The crown went into the home studio, replacing a Nady 100-watt amp that was kinda noisy.

Comment

I think I bought some strings early last year. Oh, last Christmas I got a humidifier for the Taylor but it doesn’t seem to help. Maybe it’s off to the shop for it this year.

Comment

• AJ6stringsting
                            AJ6stringsting commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks for reminding me !!!! ....
                            I gotta get a humidifier for Fender 12 string acoustic.

• Yakburger
                            Yakburger commented
                            Editing a comment
                            NO AJ. I have this 710CE that I bought off a guy that was really hard up for cash. It has really high action so I thought I'd give it a while with the humidifier to see if it helps but no dice. I guess it's got to have the neck shimmed. It is a Taylor but I don't have the original BOS so I'll have to pay to fix it.

Got it:

A gross of Tortex picks for ~$5.00. I bought 3 gross

Comment

Working...
                          X