Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

NPR Reports on 'The Wall'

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NPR Reports on 'The Wall'

    From the perspective of those who patrol the border.

    https://www.npr.org/2019/01/11/68403...border-barrier
    gp

    "You speak with total clarity.
    "And complete irrelevance."
    --Howard Cosell. Said to Minnesota Fats during a matchup with Willie Mosconi.

  • #2
    No habla ingles
    Man's Got To Know His Limitations........

    Comment


    • #3
      Trump visited McAllen Texas. Here's what the Mayor there said:
      • The mayor of McAllen, Texas, where President Donald Trump visited on Thursday as part of his push for a border wall, does not agree with the president when it comes to border security.
      • "A wall is really not the effective way to protect our border," Mayor Jim Darling said.

      Darling has been getting a lot of media attention in relation to Trump's big visit and the ongoing debate on immigration in Washington, and he's repeatedly made it clear he doesn't believe the president's border-wall plan is the way forward.

      https://www.businessinsider.com/mayo...er-wall-2019-1
      -------------------------
      And...

      Meanwhile, Julie Hillrichs, spokeswoman for the Texas Border Coalition, a group of border mayors (including Darling), county judges and border communities focused on issues that impact border quality of life for more than 2.5 million people, tells TIME the Coalition believes the real way to increase security at the border would not be a wall, but increased investment in the legal ports of entry that already exist in their area.

      “We have never supported the wall,” Hillrichs says. “The Border Coalition has consistently over the years stated we believe the wall is a wasted investment.”

      http://time.com/5499188/mcallen-resi...g-border-wall/
      ================

      So opinions vary greatly.

      Look over there
      A dry ice factory
      Good place to get some thinking done!


      Ed phobes fathered my child, the child which is music within me, suckling on his talented teet. His new CD is the breast pump which collects his sweet, sweet boob milk for all the world. Bravo Ed, Bravo!
      - MXR

      https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by -Ed Phobes- View Post
        Trump visited McAllen Texas. Here's what the Mayor there said:
        • The mayor of McAllen, Texas, where President Donald Trump visited on Thursday as part of his push for a border wall, does not agree with the president when it comes to border security.
        • "A wall is really not the effective way to protect our border," Mayor Jim Darling said.

        Darling has been getting a lot of media attention in relation to Trump's big visit and the ongoing debate on immigration in Washington, and he's repeatedly made it clear he doesn't believe the president's border-wall plan is the way forward.

        https://www.businessinsider.com/mayo...er-wall-2019-1
        -------------------------
        And...

        Meanwhile, Julie Hillrichs, spokeswoman for the Texas Border Coalition, a group of border mayors (including Darling), county judges and border communities focused on issues that impact border quality of life for more than 2.5 million people, tells TIME the Coalition believes the real way to increase security at the border would not be a wall, but increased investment in the legal ports of entry that already exist in their area.

        “We have never supported the wall,” Hillrichs says. “The Border Coalition has consistently over the years stated we believe the wall is a wasted investment.”

        http://time.com/5499188/mcallen-resi...g-border-wall/
        ================

        So opinions vary greatly.


        I don't think that the wall is the best or complete solution.but it certainly is a valid, somewhat, limited part of the solution
        The part that I highlighted, just seems to be missing something.....like,....do those who tend to want or try to illegally enter the U.S., go to the legal ports of entry to do that?
        Location: The Divided States of America
        ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
        Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

        Comment


        • #5
          Meh...what does the border patrol know anyway....

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by nedezero1 View Post
            Meh...what does the border patrol know anyway....
            I'd place their knowledge ahead of a coalition of mayors & county judges.
            Location: The Divided States of America
            ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
            Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

            Comment


            • #7
              Meh - what do the American people know, by daring to disagree with Hair Furor about his Vanity Wall?
              __________________________________________________

              Is This Thing On?

              https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by stratosaurus View Post

                I'd place their knowledge ahead of a coalition of mayors & county judges.
                And politicians who haven't even been to the border....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nedezero1 View Post

                  And politicians who haven't even been to the border....
                  Do you know where McAllen is? LOL



                  Click image for larger version

Name:	McAllen.gif
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	32449586
                  Look over there
                  A dry ice factory
                  Good place to get some thinking done!


                  Ed phobes fathered my child, the child which is music within me, suckling on his talented teet. His new CD is the breast pump which collects his sweet, sweet boob milk for all the world. Bravo Ed, Bravo!
                  - MXR

                  https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Imagine what would happen if there weren't walls in the border cities. Maybe that's the only place they work..
                    Last edited by EdBega; 01-13-2019, 10:44 AM.
                    "Plunk your Magic Twanger, Froggy". Andy Devine

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by EdBega View Post
                      Imagine what would happen if there weren't walls in the border cities. Maybe that's the only place they work..
                      There are already walls in the border cities.

                      Comment


                      • EdBega
                        EdBega commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Imagine what would happen if there weren't walls in the border cities. Maybe that's the only place they work..
                    Working...
                    X